tiresqueal?

Started by AutobahnSHO, September 17, 2015, 08:44:23 AM

AutobahnSHO

Anything I can do on the ultra-cheap to not have the tires squeal on those long corners that are marked at 25mph but I take at 40mph+??? 
Will

shp4man

MX793

You need to lubricate the tires.  Smear some axle grease on the treads.

Seriously, though, it's a trait of the tires.  The crappy, off-brand Chinese tires that are on my Jetta are like that.  Slow down, get different tires, or turn up the stereo or get earplugs to drown out the sound.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

giant_mtb

Why would you not want to be known as the dude carving corners in his squeally tired minivan.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: giant_mtb on September 17, 2015, 10:26:47 AM
Why would you not want to be known as the dude carving corners in his squeally tired minivan.

Nah I baby that thing, too big and I don't want to replace brakes all the time...

We're talking Subie(s)...       (don't tell my wife I have made her car squeal...!)
Will

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on September 17, 2015, 09:11:27 AM
Get real tires :lol:

said cheap    ;)      I figure that's the only answer though.

Does low-profile make a difference?         --What is it that actually makes them squeal??
Will

giant_mtb

280Z Turbo

Kumho V710 won't squeal much.

MX793

Compound and tread pattern are generally the chief culprits.  Temperature and road surface make a difference, too.  Last autocross I was as, I ended up being the first car of the day and my tires squealed like a stuck pig the whole way around the course on my first morning run.  By later in the day when some rubber had been laid down and temperatures were higher, they didn't squeal quite as badly.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

AutobahnSHO

so...   what I'm hearing is...

A: better tires

A2:   it's ok to squeal 'em until then   :mrcool:
(cuz I'll probably just keep throwing the cheapest I can find on that car..... Primewells right now...)
Will

Byteme

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on September 17, 2015, 11:36:29 AM
so...   what I'm hearing is...

A: better tires

A2:   it's ok to squeal 'em until then   :mrcool:
(cuz I'll probably just keep throwing the cheapest I can find on that car..... Primewells right now...)

Check your tire pressure and alignment. 

FlatBlackCaddy

Cut your coils, that will fix it.