A Breathalyzer in Every Car...

Started by Klackamas, September 21, 2015, 06:40:14 PM

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Soup DeVille

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

TurboDan

Quote from: HotRodPilot on September 22, 2015, 12:13:02 AM
I'd prefer the death penalty for first time DUI offences rather than this, but I know the death penalty wouldn't fly.

When the MADD Nazis get their .02 BAC limit passed, you'll probably reduce the population by 75% pretty quickly.

TurboDan

Quote from: GoCougs on September 22, 2015, 03:45:18 PM
Of course it has to be said that this tech is super easy to defeat (duh - just have someone else blow into it) so it's worth almost nothing, even if it where a catastrophic overreach of government.

I agree on the overreach, but also question the logic of the "have someone else blow into it" argument. A) If there is a sober person around, why don't they just drive to begin with. B) Generally drinking is either done out with friends, or home alone (in the case of legit alcoholics). Where are all these sober people coming from?