weak seat heaters

Started by BENZ BOY15, September 28, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

BENZ BOY15

Well, since it's clear I can't do anything about the seat heaters....we'll move on.

The other question about my car is that when I park and it sits a while, the rear of the car sits really low and when you turn it on, it raises up. There's height control but it seems to raise on its own to the 'normal' setting and if you want high, you hit that button. Is this normal? I don't like having to wait to start driving and while it's not that long, it is a wait.

It looks off and perhaps I'll get a pic a little later but you get the idea.

Soup DeVille

Its not ab-abnormal. It means there's a small leak in the air suspension; which is pretty common and usually not much to worry about.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Rupert

And probably expensive to fix, if other air suspensions are any indication.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

BENZ BOY15

Eye of the Tiger

Swap it out for leaf springs.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

BENZ BOY15

Eye of the Tiger

BENZ BOY15

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on September 29, 2015, 04:09:32 PM
You don't cut leaf springs :facepalm:

There was an ongoing drama over it and I believe it was you who did that, but I could be mistaken.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on September 29, 2015, 04:16:44 PM
There was an ongoing drama over it and I believe it was you who did that, but I could be mistaken.

That was coil springs, and cutting is a perfectly acceptable practice if one knows what they are doing.

BENZ BOY15

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on September 29, 2015, 04:25:43 PM
That was coil springs, and cutting is a perfectly acceptable practice if one knows what they are doing.

Close enough.

And clearly it wasn't very acceptable because, IIRC, you were the only one saying it's okay.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on September 29, 2015, 04:27:51 PM
Close enough.

And clearly it wasn't very acceptable because, IIRC, you were the only one saying it's okay.

Are you fucking kidding me. Why don't you go to three years of automotive school and get back to me. Until then, you can blow it out your ass. To have two or three ignorant fucks gang up one person on an internet forum does not make the ignorant fucks correct.

BENZ BOY15

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on September 29, 2015, 04:31:12 PM
Are you fucking kidding me. Why don't you go to three years of automotive school and get back to me. Until then, you can blow it out your ass. To have two or three ignorant fucks gang up one person on an internet forum does not make the ignorant fucks correct.

It's dangerous.

Rupert

That had so much potential to be a wicked burn...
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA