Tesla Model X

Started by Morris Minor, September 30, 2015, 09:16:54 AM

CJ

Quote from: Raza  on October 10, 2015, 05:49:41 AM
Can you imagine the scene? The Tesla X rolls over, battery acid is leaking everywhere, a family of five sits calmly upside down in their seats. "Now children, come along, take off your seat belts and crawl to the front of the car and we can all get out through mother's door."

Family of 7. This has 7 seats.

veeman

This car/SUV is really really cool.  I'd take the Model S over it but there's now a viable 3 row electric vehicle.  Of course its not an off-road "real" SUV.  0-60 in 3.2 sec?!  A Corvette Z06 does it in 3 sec but then you'd have to wait for the engine to cool down :lol:

Sure its for the rich.  Forgetting about the public tax payer funding of Tesla, from a selfish buyer's perspective, this car rocks.  I think it looks great.  It doesn't have the bulbous ass the Crosstour has.  It doesn't have unnecessary weird creases on its sheet metal that most of the luxury makes like BMW, Lexus, and Infiniti have.  It's DeLorean rear doors are super cool without compromising but easing entry/exit. 

Hey rich dude with money to burn, you in the mood for a new car to take your family to the country club? Tell you what.  Here are your options -  You can have this Range Rover.  It's got a beautiful interior, it's masculine, it's British (well, Indian truthfully but never mind that), and you can ford a small stream with it.  Or you can get this Merc AMG GL or G Class.  They're also beautifully crafted, they're German, and their blistering fast.  Or you can get this Tesla.  It's super clean for the environment so you can hide your Republican leanings when you visit the Clintons, it handles like a sports car, it's American, and you're on the cutting edge of technology.  With this car, Mr. Rich Dude, you can't take it easily long distance but you can always fall back on your Audi A7 (the nanny car) for that.  Let's face it, anything over a 4 hour drive and you're flying business class anyways or taking a private jet.   

280Z Turbo

Can you imagine the scene? The Tesla X rolls over, battery acid is leaking everywhere, a family of five sits calmly upside down in their seats. "Now children, come along, take off your seat belts and crawl to the front of the car and we can all get out through mother's door."

I know you're being sarcastic, but lithium ion battery electrolyte is not acid and there's not that much liquid inside them. :lol:

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on October 11, 2015, 01:47:21 PM
I know you're being sarcastic, but lithium ion battery electrolyte is not acid and there's not that much liquid inside them. :lol:

But lithium is extremely hazardous! It can be used in the production of meth!
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

280Z Turbo

A lot of the electrode plant operators have been asking if the equipment could be used to manufcture meth. I suppose we could do it.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on October 11, 2015, 02:24:06 PM
A lot of the electrode plant operators have been asking if the equipment could be used to manufcture meth. I suppose we could do it.

Might as well make a few extra bucks between production cycles. :dance:

Soup DeVille

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on October 11, 2015, 02:24:06 PM

We used to use a solvent that is used to cook meth with. I only know this because the DEA guy came and asked about what we use it for and how we keep track of it.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

CALL_911

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Soup DeVille

Quote from: CALL_911 on October 11, 2015, 06:41:30 PM
Methylamine?

A commercial blend of methyl ethyl ketone. We use it to prep glass panels for bonding.

I have no idea what the tweakers use it for.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

You also need starting fluid and lots of Sudafed.

Raza

Quote from: CJ on October 11, 2015, 09:07:33 AM
Family of 7. This has 7 seats.

And I bet they have a transgendered dog, too, since being transgendered is super in right now. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Submariner

Quote from: Raza  on October 12, 2015, 05:45:32 AM
And I bet they have a transgendered dog, too, since being transgendered is super in right now. 

Also great for getting away with vehicular manslaughter. 
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

MX793

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on October 11, 2015, 01:47:21 PM

Not an acid, but highly flammable.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

280Z Turbo

Quote from: MX793 on October 12, 2015, 10:32:04 AM
Not an acid, but highly flammable.

It's not that flammable. I've had a few cells catch fire when I disassembled them and they go out pretty quickly by themselves. The electrodes are just damp with electrolyte, it's not sloshing around like a lead acid battery.

Safer than gasoline at least.

AltinD

Quote from: GoCougs on October 09, 2015, 01:18:22 PM
All doors have to open in the even of a rollover.

Of course that. Just pointing out that the situation here is less severe.

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD

ChrisV

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on October 12, 2015, 10:58:47 AM
Safer than gasoline at least.

Yeah, we have no problems with running around with a rolling bomb in our car that can leak all over in an accident and burn us down, but put a battery in a car and OMG it's gonna kill us!

Fucking stupid.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

ChrisV

BTW, even though it's already been mentioned that it's not filled with acid, the battery in the Tesla is essentially a thousand D cells, so even if you puncture one in an accident, it doesn't affect the rest of them. Can you imagine being in a car with a punctured D cell battery? Oh, wait, that's not scary at all if you have working brain cells.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Submariner on October 12, 2015, 08:26:40 AM
Also great for getting away with vehicular manslaughter. 

It's all in the timing, gotta do it right before the op and being proclaimed "hero"
Will

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: ChrisV on October 13, 2015, 07:57:47 AM
Yeah, we have no problems with running around with a rolling bomb in our car that can leak all over in an accident and burn us down, but put a battery in a car and OMG it's gonna kill us!

:lol:
Will

Raza

Quote from: ChrisV on October 13, 2015, 08:00:49 AM
BTW, even though it's already been mentioned that it's not filled with acid, the battery in the Tesla is essentially a thousand D cells, so even if you puncture one in an accident, it doesn't affect the rest of them. Can you imagine being in a car with a punctured D cell battery? Oh, wait, that's not scary at all if you have working brain cells.

Jeez you're sensitive. What, did Elon Musk blow you once and now you feel like you owe him something?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

280Z Turbo

Quote from: Raza  on October 17, 2015, 03:21:10 PM
Jeez you're sensitive. What, did Elon Musk blow you once and now you feel like you owe him something?

Nope. He's just perma-angry. You already know this.

BENZ BOY15

So when is Tesla going to make a profit and not be dependent on government?

Next year? 2020?

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on October 18, 2015, 10:33:04 AM
So when is Tesla going to make a profit and not be dependent on government?

Next year? 2020?

Only in anti-Cougstopia
Will

Eye of the Tiger

ChrisV

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on October 17, 2015, 03:27:12 PM
Nope. He's just perma-angry. You already know this.

I hate stupid statements passing themselves off as wit. Why support stupidity?

93JC

Quote from: 93JC on February 01, 2010, 01:09:46 PM
Quote from: 93JC on February 01, 2010, 10:54:43 AM
Do you realize how big a pompous asshole you are, or do you just not care?
Quote from: ChrisV on February 01, 2010, 11:19:29 AM
No, I don't care.

Right.

If everyone around you is an asshole, you're the asshole.

GoCougs

Now I'm not sure what is going on. ChrisV is correct - of course Tesla thought about how the rear doors would open in the event of a rollover.

Raza

Quote from: ChrisV on October 19, 2015, 02:25:23 PM
I hate stupid statements passing themselves off as wit. Why support stupidity?

Sigh. You need to lighten the fuck up.  :dance:

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Lebowski

Quote from: veeman on October 11, 2015, 09:35:38 AM

This car/SUV is really really cool.  I'd take the Model S over it but there's now a viable 3 row electric vehicle.  Of course its not an off-road "real" SUV.  0-60 in 3.2 sec?!  A Corvette Z06 does it in 3 sec but then you'd have to wait for the engine to cool down :lol:

Sure its for the rich.  Forgetting about the public tax payer funding of Tesla, from a selfish buyer's perspective, this car rocks.  I think it looks great.  It doesn't have the bulbous ass the Crosstour has.  It doesn't have unnecessary weird creases on its sheet metal that most of the luxury makes like BMW, Lexus, and Infiniti have.  It's DeLorean rear doors are super cool without compromising but easing entry/exit. 

Hey rich dude with money to burn, you in the mood for a new car to take your family to the country club? Tell you what.  Here are your options -  You can have this Range Rover.  It's got a beautiful interior, it's masculine, it's British (well, Indian truthfully but never mind that), and you can ford a small stream with it.  Or you can get this Merc AMG GL or G Class.  They're also beautifully crafted, they're German, and their blistering fast.  Or you can get this Tesla.  It's super clean for the environment so you can hide your Republican leanings when you visit the Clintons, it handles like a sports car, it's American, and you're on the cutting edge of technology.  With this car, Mr. Rich Dude, you can't take it easily long distance but you can always fall back on your Audi A7 (the nanny car) for that.  Let's face it, anything over a 4 hour drive and you're flying business class anyways or taking a private jet.   

Lots of people drive their range rovers, GLs etc > 4hrs.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: GoCougs on October 19, 2015, 05:34:43 PM
Now I'm not sure what is going on. ChrisV is correct - of course Tesla thought about how the rear doors would open in the event of a rollover.

not necessarily. :huh:

Ford's Taurus design didn't work with the then-existent glass headlight bulbs. They had to lobby hard and long for Feds to allow plastic...
Will