Autonomous Cars

Started by AutobahnSHO, October 08, 2015, 08:53:13 AM

12,000 RPM

Quote from: SJ_GTI on May 02, 2019, 08:40:43 AM
Why does 12,000 RPM hate our freedoms?
When you live in NYC they implant a Chuck Schumer mind control chip in your brain. 4G connected with OTA updates.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

SJ_GTI

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on May 02, 2019, 08:44:45 AM
When you live in NYC they implant a Chuck Schumer mind control chip in your brain. 4G connected with OTA updates.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: BimmerM3 on May 02, 2019, 08:24:47 AM
Dear lord, you know we've reached a low point in the driving world when enthusiasts are calling for more enforcement. :lol:

Not that I really disagree with you.

My theory is, if all the other laws were actually followed, speed limits wouldn't be needed. But people are stupid as fuck, and always will be.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Speed_Racer

"The wild west" is a great way to put it.

CaminoRacer

Dude on my commute today, the pickup truck in front of me stopped at a green light. It turned yellow as we braked. We were 100% stopped while it was still yellow. I really hope he saw my extremely confused facial expressions and hand gestures.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

FoMoJo

Quote from: CaminoRacer on May 02, 2019, 10:18:43 AM
Dude on my commute today, the pickup truck in front of me stopped at a green light. It turned yellow as we braked. We were 100% stopped while it was still yellow. I really hope he saw my extremely confused facial expressions and hand gestures.

Some crazy time shift scenario?  He must've been in a time zone a couple of seconds ahead of you. :huh:
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Laconian

Quote from: CaminoRacer on May 02, 2019, 10:18:43 AM

FOG?

On my commute, an elderly driver came to a complete stop at an intersection where she had right of way. I had to panic stop because I was expecting her to maintain speed and proceed straight.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

giant_mtb

Oh god, I hate when I see people stop at intersections with no stop sign, or a "confusing" sign like "STOP Except Right Turn" or something.

Laconian

Quote from: giant_mtb on May 02, 2019, 12:31:24 PM
Oh god, I hate when I see people stop at intersections with no stop sign, or a "confusing" sign like "STOP Except Right Turn" or something.

It's such a basic failure that I can't help but wonder what other crap they're doing on the roads.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

FoMoJo

Quote from: Laconian on May 02, 2019, 01:15:45 PM
It's such a basic failure that I can't help but wonder what other crap they're doing on the roads.
Pooping in their diapers? :huh:
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

CaminoRacer

Quote from: Laconian on May 02, 2019, 12:29:03 PM
FOG?

Not sure. The truck took off a decently quick pace when the light turned green again. It was odd.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

AutobahnSHO

I don't know why but up in NY I would arrive to a 4way stop where someone had already been sitting for 3+ seconds and they would wave me through.

So bizarre I didn't even care to try to figure out what was going on, I would just gun it to get away from them.
Will

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on May 02, 2019, 06:35:11 PM
I don't know why but up in NY I would arrive to a 4way stop where someone had already been sitting for 3+ seconds and they would wave me through.

So bizarre I didn't even care to try to figure out what was going on, I would just gun it to get away from them.

People around here do that, and then pull in behind me and start tailgating. I don't get it. Please just leave me alone.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

12,000 RPM

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on May 02, 2019, 06:35:11 PM

Yes, this is my attitude. I used to get angry at left lane campers and other idiots... there's just not enough time; I just get away from the idiots as quickly and safely as possible.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs