This is a good place to pause because, well, holy f---

Started by Klackamas, December 17, 2015, 06:41:52 PM

Payman

Quote from: Rupert on December 21, 2015, 05:24:33 PM
None of that is similar to what happened in the OP.

I don't know where you go, but the Jiffy Lubes I've been to (many) are all fine. They try to sell you shit, but I've never had a single problem in the roughly 30 or so oil changes I've had done on my cars and work cars, and my experience is not unique among anyone I know (including people who have been driving and getting their oil changed at that kind of place for 50 years). I understand those numbers, yes.

This is definitely an exceptional case, I agree. I mean holy shit, cutting a hole in the undertray? WTF was he thinking? Scary too that he never bothered to ask anyone. If I were the owner of the Audi I'd be okay in showing him the fasteners and whatnot, since it's not a common car that he would work on.

Eye of the Tiger

Wouldn't it also have been easier to drill a hole in the oil pan to drain the oil? And drill one in the valve cover to fill it?
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

RomanChariot

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on December 21, 2015, 09:13:40 PM
Wouldn't it also have been easier to drill a hole in the oil pan to drain the oil? And drill one in the valve cover to fill it?

Yes. You just need to make sure you put a sticker over the hole in the pan before you put oil in. No need for a sticker on the valve cover because gravity.

MX793

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on December 21, 2015, 09:13:40 PM

A good, sharp punch and a hammer can take care of the oil pan.  Probably the valve cover too.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

shp4man

The reality is that after a certain period of time, methamphetamine addiction causes hallucinations and very erratic, sometimes violent behavior.  :muffin: