8 (40%)
Audi Q7
2 (10%)
Land Rover Discovery Sport
1 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 20

SVT666

Raza

Discovery Sport for me. Seems like a really neat SUV and it had good commercials. Not as good as those Jeep commercials from a couple of years ago, which were brilliant. But since the only Jeep up for it was the Renegade, which is a hideous monster, I had to go with my nomination.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Eye of the Tiger

Since none of the vehicles on this list are any good, I had to go with the cheapest one. Renegade, also available with a manual transmission.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Lebowski

XC90 but the disco sport looks kind of interesting too.

Raza

Quote from: Lebowski on January 27, 2016, 02:21:22 PM
XC90 but the disco sport looks kind of interesting too.

I'm really liking what Land Rover is doing these days.  The Discovery Sport and Range Rover Sport especially catch the eye for me.  I also like the LR4 (which they should just call the Discovery, since it still looks like the old Discovery).  The Evoque still does nothing for me and the full fat Range Rover is way too expensive, but overall, I like Land Rovers.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Eye of the Tiger

I wouldn't touch that 9-speed automatic with a 9-foot pole.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Lebowski

Quote from: Raza  on January 27, 2016, 09:26:11 PM

I'm really liking what Land Rover is doing these days.  The Discovery Sport and Range Rover Sport especially catch the eye for me.  I also like the LR4 (which they should just call the Discovery, since it still looks like the old Discovery).  The Evoque still does nothing for me and the full fat Range Rover is way too expensive, but overall, I like Land Rovers.

Ive always liked the LR4 (test drove it when I bought the 4Runner), I think it's about the sweet spot of their product lineup and agree they should call it the disco. I'll be curious to see what they do with it for the next redesign and hopefully it gets renamed discovery.

Raza

Quote from: Lebowski on January 28, 2016, 08:03:46 AM
Ive always liked the LR4 (test drove it when I bought the 4Runner), I think it's about the sweet spot of their product lineup and agree they should call it the disco. I'll be curious to see what they do with it for the next redesign and hopefully it gets renamed discovery.

Might do, especially as they brought back the Discovery name for the Disco Sport.

It's funny--Land Rover is the least "me" luxury brand--automatic SUVs are hardly my style--but they're the ones that I like the most these days. I think Land Rover makes the only luxury cars that I actually want to buy at some point. Unless you count the 2 series. S4 maybe.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

veeman

It's weird in England the American LR4 is called the Discovery.

Raza

Quote from: veeman on February 03, 2016, 06:23:05 AM
It's weird in England the American LR4 is called the Discovery.

Which makes sense, since if you showed someone Discovery models through the years and then the LR4, they'd think "oh hey, that's a Discovery too". I wonder if they dumped it because of negative connotations to previous unreliable models or if they were just trying to get everything over to an alphanumeric scheme and then later abandoned it.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i