Intermittent oil light?

Started by 2o6, February 16, 2016, 05:18:45 PM

Byteme

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on February 17, 2016, 09:26:33 AM
Because if you don't have your own garage, changing oil is a pain. My apartment in SC said no car maintenance on the premises.

Those sir, are very good reasons not to change your own oil.

CaminoRacer

Autozone will let you change it in their parking lot.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: CLKid on February 17, 2016, 12:01:28 PM

Those sir, are very good reasons not to change your own oil.

It was a happy day when I changed 2 car's oil in the garage. And a sad day when I sold my jack and oil change pan (after divorce and housing downgrade).

Now I live 5min from army garage so I'll just go there.
Will

AutobahnSHO

Will

Byteme

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on February 17, 2016, 06:45:13 PM
It was a happy day when I changed 2 car's oil in the garage. And a sad day when I sold my jack and oil change pan (after divorce and housing downgrade).

Now I live 5min from army garage so I'll just go there.

If it's anything like the Navy "hobby shops" I recall from my stint in the military they will have tools, hydraulic lifts, manuals and often technical help.  The one's I r3member even had a fully equipped wood working shop for making anything from a coat rack to a chest of drawers. 

Soup DeVille

Quote from: CaminoRacer on February 17, 2016, 12:03:44 PM
Autozone will let you change it in their parking lot.

That seems like a horrible idea on Autozone's part.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: CLKid on February 17, 2016, 07:57:52 PM
If it's anything like the Navy "hobby shops" I recall from my stint in the military they will have tools, hydraulic lifts, manuals and often technical help.  The one's I r3member even had a fully equipped wood working shop for making anything from a coat rack to a chest of drawers. 

Yup- totally awesome! The one at Fort Gordon had a paint bay, they usually have welding, tire machines, etc...
Will

2o6

Pretty sure it's the sender, I've put on like 80 miles, and it won't even do it consistently now. Still no idle issues, no clanging. That Mazda 3.0L is very sensitive to oil pressure changes.

2o6

It would have blown up by now.

AutobahnSHO

Will