Lotus 3-Eleven is fastest ever?

Started by SVT666, March 11, 2016, 04:45:02 PM

SVT666

Lotus 3-Eleven fastest ever?

By Justin KingFriday
Mar 11th, 2016 @ 11:12 am

The Lotus 3-Eleven has reportedly set a new 'Sport Auto' production-car lap record at the Hockenheimring.

The company's quickest and most expensive car lapped the short circuit in just 1 minute 6.2 seconds. The feat was accomplished on street tires, with an ambient temperature around 46 degrees Fahrenheit.

"We knew from the outset that we have created a simply phenomenal car that is capable of great things, and this lap record proves that beyond doubt," said Lotus chief Jean-Marc Gales. "This is the ultimate embodiment of the Lotus design philosophy; it's a beautifully engineered machine that doesn't carry one ounce of excess weight. With 460hp on tap and race car handling at your disposal, this car is the ultimate giant killer."

The 3-Eleven narrowly beat the Porsche 918 Spyder for the top spot on the list. The lap was more than a second faster than the Gumpert Apollo, Radical SR3 SL, Lamborghini Gallardo Squadra Corse, Corvette ZR1, Ferrari 488 GTB and Porsche 911 GT2 RS, among others.

The street-legal 3-Eleven Road sells for the equivalent of $118,000 USD in the UK, while the Race edition fetches more than $165,000.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/lotus-3-eleven-sets-hockenheimring-lap-record-91218.html#ixzz42dneReTY

12,000 RPM

I 110% believe it. Won't smash the Ring because it doesn't have the HP but on regular tracks I can see it giving pretty much everything hell. No matter what advantage any other car has, it will make up for it in the corners.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Payman

I think the 3-Eleven is my favourite car in the world right now.