I leased a Cadillac.

Started by CJ, March 22, 2016, 02:12:47 PM

shp4man

Boy, this Char dude is quite a character, eh?  :confused: :wtf: I drive a Dodge, by the way.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Madman on April 07, 2016, 03:12:02 PM

:popcorn:

+1

I wish I could say this thread was highly enlightening, but it was already known that Char is immature and irrational. :huh:
Will

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Char on April 07, 2016, 02:54:28 PM
Well, No. The N54 is crap, the N55 is good.

And you'll notice I used Honda, a Japanese make as a reference point for a good car. Does BMW make bad cars and engines? Yes. Sometimes.

VW does this All the time.

The whole brand is built on being 'almost' just buy the real thing at that point.
VWAG and BMW were on the same footing through the 00s. We all know VWAG's issues but BMW had shit like tearing subframes, huge oil leaks, shit transmissions, carbon buildup and HPFP issues, wonky electronics, etc etc. So to dump on VWAG and give BMW a pass for being just as shitty.... I mean JFC the E65 was a disintegrating turd on footing with any of the worst of VWAG's products, and it was a German built flagship :facepalm:

But just like BMW had its safe cars over that period (N52, S54 & S65 equipped cars), so did VWAG (everything past the MKIV crap WITHOUT direct injection). My wife's Rabbit was a CR recommended whip just like your N52 3s, so what are you getting so high and mighty about?
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

CJ

Quote from: Char on April 07, 2016, 02:44:20 PM
Except:
Money - it's  not a good value
Time - it will be in the shop soon. Do you want to be responsible for her well being because you LET her car break down and strand her out in BFE
She looks dumb - typical of all VW drivers. I don't blame her, I blame yoou, her turncoat daughter CJ (Which I imagine stands for Christina Jenner). Buy a real car.

I've  been down this road before and laid it, you, that douchebag named ____ had zero leg to stand on, and zero justification for purchasing much less recommending this shit to anyone. Have fun with a subpar product.

It's like you forget that I work in the car business.

GoCougs

Quote from: shp4man on April 07, 2016, 03:24:19 PM
Boy, this Char dude is quite a character, eh?  :confused: :wtf: I drive a Dodge, by the way.

You would be "quite a character" too, if you put all this time and money and attitude into a BMW, yet still be scared to death of a stoplight dual against a GTI or 10-year-old V6 Camry or Accord ;).

12,000 RPM

Quote from: GoCougs on April 07, 2016, 11:02:43 PM
You would be "quite a character" too, if you put all this time and money and attitude into a BMW, yet still be scared to death of a stoplight dual against a GTI or 10-year-old V6 Camry or Accord ;).
Now that's just cruel :lol:

SJ_GTI

Quote from: shp4man on April 07, 2016, 03:24:19 PM

At least its not a VW!  :lol:

Char

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on April 07, 2016, 07:40:52 PM
VWAG and BMW were on the same footing through the 00s. We all know VWAG's issues but BMW had shit like tearing subframes, huge oil leaks, shit transmissions, carbon buildup and HPFP issues, wonky electronics, etc etc. So to dump on VWAG and give BMW a pass for being just as shitty.... I mean JFC the E65 was a disintegrating turd on footing with any of the worst of VWAG's products, and it was a German built flagship :facepalm:

But just like BMW had its safe cars over that period (N52, S54 & S65 equipped cars), so did VWAG (everything past the MKIV crap WITHOUT direct injection). My wife's Rabbit was a CR recommended whip just like your N52 3s, so what are you getting so high and mighty about?
Uhhhh, no.

One was an automaker who made excellent cars, a few with issues, and the other was an automaker who made shit cars with shit reliability.

Torn Subframes - fixed by class action suite, and not the best showing of the E46 era, nor were SMG pumps (again, E46)

Otherwise, the Carbon Buildup issues are limited to the N54, and corrected on the N55 (HPFP as well) unike VW who came out with 3 different motors before the problems were *maybe corrected. Shit electronics, shit cars, and shit engines.

A 8v 110 motor in 2005? What is this, the USSR in the 1980s?

They are terrible cars - all of them. They will NEVER make a product worth a damn, and nothing short of Honda or Porsche buying them out could save that steeming pile of dog shit we call an automaker.
Quote from: 565 on December 26, 2012, 09:13:44 AM
... Nissan needs to use these shocks on the GT-R.  It would be like the Incredible Hulk wielding Thor's hammer.... unstoppable.

AutobahnSHO

BMWs are known for garbage electronics and in Germany they are used like this

Will

AutobahnSHO

Will

Char

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on April 08, 2016, 08:31:42 AM
BMWs are known for garbage electronics and in Germany they are used like this

Uhh, ok.
... Nissan needs to use these shocks on the GT-R.  It would be like the Incredible Hulk wielding Thor's hammer.... unstoppable.

Char

Quote from: CJ on April 07, 2016, 08:53:24 PM
It's like you forget that I work in the car business.

And that gives you a free pass to do a poor job, and recommend shit products to your supposed loved ones? What kind of man are you?

2o6

You're so fucking weird. It's not that damn serious.

I've actually worked on a Jetta IV, and it was fairly straightforward.

You should really shut the fuck up and take bar or two to relax all this anxiety you have towards an automaker who makes honestly the same grade of quality as everyone else.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Char on April 08, 2016, 08:53:15 AM
Uhh, ok.

Yup. That's right, your fantasyland is treated like Crown Vics over there, where BMWs are actually made. Just junk for cops and taxi drivers to use.

Will

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Char on April 08, 2016, 07:34:04 AM
Uhhhh, no.

One was an automaker who made excellent cars, a few with issues, and the other was an automaker who made shit cars with shit reliability.
The E65 was not excellent. It was beautiful, but mechanically/electronically/reliably it was a bigger turd than any VW.

Quote from: Char on April 08, 2016, 07:34:04 AMTorn Subframes - fixed by class action suite, and not the best showing of the E46 era, nor were SMG pumps (again, E46)
How is this a good thing? You mean to tell me BMW would have let the torn subframe problems go unfixed without legal action? This is the company you are exhalting?

Quote from: Char on April 08, 2016, 07:34:04 AMOtherwise, the Carbon Buildup issues are limited to the N54, and corrected on the N55 (HPFP as well) unike VW who came out with 3 different motors before the problems were *maybe corrected. Shit electronics, shit cars, and shit engines.
Unless BMW added port injection to the N55, which I'm almost certain they didn't, carbon buildup is still an issue. N55 cars just haven't got enough mileage on them yet. EA888 still doesn't have port injection in the US either so both companies are still shite in that regard. But BMW also had other engine problems, like VANOS shit, excessive oil consumption in their V8s and other issues with rudimentary shit Honda figured out ~40 years ago. Cooling systems? Seriously?

Quote from: Char on April 08, 2016, 07:34:04 AMA 8v 110 motor in 2005? What is this, the USSR in the 1980s?
There were plenty of ~100HP 16V engines around in 2005. Not sure why this is a demerit. VW is a mainstream brand, not a luxury one. Meanwhile in 2016 BMW will gladly charge you $80K+ for a 4 banger car. That's "excellent" to you?

Quote from: Char on April 08, 2016, 07:34:04 AMThey are terrible cars - all of them. They will NEVER make a product worth a damn, and nothing short of Honda or Porsche buying them out could save that steeming pile of dog shit we call an automaker.
Well, that's like, your opinion man. Just don't dump on VW and exhalt BMW when BMW has had the same or WORSE quality and design issues than VW.

Like I've said before eventually you will man up and let us know the REAL story behind your hate for VW. Because it's obvious it has jack shit to do with the cars or build quality, given how you are such a BMW fan :wtf:

Char

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on April 08, 2016, 09:36:22 AM
Yup. That's right, your fantasyland is treated like Crown Vics over there, where BMWs are actually made. Just junk for cops and taxi drivers to use.

No one care. I certainly don't.

MexicoCityM3

Quote from: Char on April 07, 2016, 02:44:20 PM
Except:
Money - it's  not a good value
Time - it will be in the shop soon. Do you want to be responsible for her well being because you LET her car break down and strand her out in BFE
She looks dumb - typical of all VW drivers. I don't blame her, I blame yoou, her turncoat daughter CJ (Which I imagine stands for Christina Jenner). Buy a real car.

I've  been down this road before and laid it, you, that douchebag named ____ had zero leg to stand on, and zero justification for purchasing much less recommending this shit to anyone. Have fun with a subpar product.

Char this is a final warning. Keep the tone civil or we'll have to ban you.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

12,000 RPM

AutobahnSHO

Will

CaminoRacer

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on April 08, 2016, 01:32:47 PM
you're droppin some

Is it possible to eat a handful without dropping at least half of it?
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

12,000 RPM

Quote from: CaminoRacer on April 08, 2016, 01:55:58 PM
Is it possible to eat a handful without dropping at least half of it?
Yes, if you are not

- scared from whatever movie you are watching
- under 6 years old

12,000 RPM

Can we goad Char into getting himself banned?

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on April 08, 2016, 02:31:36 PM

Nah, it's good entertainment now and again. Wonder where the deeprooted trauma comes from though.
Will

Char

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on April 08, 2016, 01:09:22 PM
Char this is a final warning. Keep the tone civil or we'll have to ban you.

Fine, fine fine. :-/

MexicoCityM3

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on April 08, 2016, 02:31:36 PM

Also not to be tolerated Sporty.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

CJ

Quote from: Char on April 08, 2016, 08:54:45 AM
And that gives you a free pass to do a poor job, and recommend shit products to your supposed loved ones? What kind of man are you?

Just keep telling yourself that the only vehicle in their fleet that has had zero warranty work is unreliable, poorly made and generally a shit car. Justify it. As a matter of fact, this is her second VW. The dealer crashed the first one, so we got another. It's an excellent car.

Char

Quote from: CJ on April 10, 2016, 10:44:14 AM

Just keep telling yourself that the only vehicle in their fleet that has had zero warranty work is unreliable, poorly made and generally a shit car. Justify it. As a matter of fact, this is her second VW. The dealer crashed the first one, so we got another. It's an excellent car.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.