2008 Dodge Challenger!

Started by Catman, December 21, 2005, 03:47:55 PM

Raza

Quote from: NACar on November 04, 2007, 10:19:55 PM
You could certainly avoid financing altogether, and still get what you want.

Police auction GT3!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Minpin

One thing I can take from this board is that I know that I never ever want to lease a car. It forces you into a situation where you have to be ready to buy a new car in a very specific time period, it limits how far you can drive, and it overall just seems like a pain in the ass.
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

Raza

Quote from: Minpin on November 04, 2007, 10:24:43 PM
One thing I can take from this board is that I know that I never ever want to lease a car. It forces you into a situation where you have to be ready to buy a new car in a very specific time period, it limits how far you can drive, and it overall just seems like a pain in the ass.

Yeah.  Actually leasing teaches you that the hard way.

Leasing isn't actually all bad, it's fine for someone that has a stable situation and doesn't drive more than 15k miles a year.  Generally, though, I recommend avoiding it.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Minpin

Quote from: Raza  on November 04, 2007, 10:32:37 PM
Yeah.  Actually leasing teaches you that the hard way.

Leasing isn't actually all bad, it's fine for someone that has a stable situation and doesn't drive more than 15k miles a year.  Generally, though, I recommend avoiding it.

I bet you regret leasing the boxster. I know I would because know there is no way it hell you will be able to drive it to work every day. If you had bought outright....oh well, whats done is done eh.
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

Raza

Quote from: Minpin on November 04, 2007, 10:34:55 PM
I bet you regret leasing the boxster. I know I would because know there is no way it hell you will be able to drive it to work every day. If you had bought outright....oh well, whats done is done eh.

No, not at all.  The Boxster doesn't shine on highways anyway (I struggle to get 23mpg) and it was never meant to be anyone's only car.  I will regret it if I don't have enough money to buy it off lease in a few years.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

JYODER240

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=3254.msg631827#msg631827 date=1194239955
Certainly is a viable option.

As long as you can find the right car it's the way I would go, especialy if you don't have a trade in. I saved $7K being getting a car with just under 3K miles.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Raza

Quote from: JYODER240 on November 05, 2007, 11:14:15 AM
As long as you can find the right car it's the way I would go, especialy if you don't have a trade in. I saved $7K being getting a car with just under 3K miles.

Oh, definitely.  The problem is finding the right car. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

JYODER240

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=3254.msg632215#msg632215 date=1194287639
Oh, definitely.  The problem is finding the right car. 

I know. I found a needle in a haystack.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*