Mazda CX-4

Started by 68_427, April 24, 2016, 09:59:20 PM

68_427

only for China right now, but damn it looks good.

QuoteThe Mazda CX-4 is ready for the Chinese market, receiving its official debut during the 2016 Beijing Motor Show.

Following several teaser images, the CX-4 is officially joining the ever-growing SUV lineup of the Japanese manufacturer as a coupe-SUV that will be available exclusively in China. It's actually slightly bigger than what we were expecting and rides on optional 19-inch alloy wheels. In fact, it has the same 106.3-inch (2.7-meter) wheelbase like the CX-5 with ground clearance of 7.87 inches (20 centimeters) and standard 17-inch wheels.

The front end is dominated by a large trapezoidal radiator grille flanked by sweptback headlights with LED technology - just like in the Koeru concept that was revealed during the 2015 Frankfurt Motor Show. Moving back further, there's a sporty roofline that extends to a stylish rear spoiler, while large fog lights are positioned at the lower part of the bumper, just above the twin exhaust tailpipes.

Stepping inside the cabin, you'll find a familiar atmosphere with a tablet-style seven-inch display for the infotainment system and conventional parking brake instead of the electric brake of the CX-5. The central console accommodates a dual-zone automatic climate control, and a push-rotary switch behind the gear lever, controlling the infotainment system.

The engine lineup of the new CX-4 comprises two four-cylinder Skyactiv-G petrol engines. A 2.0-liter unit will serve as a base powerplant, delivering 158 horsepower (116 kilowatts) and 149 pound-feet (202 newton meters) of torque. It sends power to the front wheels through a six-speed automatic gearbox. The all-wheel drive variant uses the same transmission, mated to a 2.5-liter motor with 192 hp (141 kW) and 186 lb-ft (252 Nm). Average fuel consumption stands at 38 miles per gallon (6.2 liters per 100 kilometers) and 32 mpg (7.2 l/100 km) respectively for the 2.0 and 2.5 engines.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Xer0

Meh, this looks almost exactly like the 3 hatchback but some some body cladding. 

2o6

It is a good looking car, but totally pointless.

68_427

Pointless for the consumer yes, but I feel like this would print money for Mazda here
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Raza

Reminds me of the old Infiniti FX. I like it, actually.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ifcar

It looks quite attractive and premium, much more so than the straightforward versatile CX-5. I wonder why it's not coming to the U.S. -- maybe due to disappointing (though predictably so) CX-3 sales?

12,000 RPM

Looks good, but I really don't know if I could do an CUV without a turbocharger or 6 cylinders. Bummed they're not bringing back the CX-7... that shit would be right up my alley with that new 2.5T they have in the pipeline.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

2o6

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on April 25, 2016, 06:25:36 AM
Looks good, but I really don't know if I could do an CUV without a turbocharger or 6 cylinders. Bummed they're not bringing back the CX-7... that shit would be right up my alley with that new 2.5T they have in the pipeline.

I feel like the CX-7 will be a sexy CX-9. I'm almost sure it's coming back