FBC's Kit Car Build Thread.

Started by FlatBlackCaddy, May 25, 2016, 03:20:24 PM

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

giant_mtb

Self employed FTW.

It's a blessing and a curse being able to really choose when you'll be "out of the office."

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

MrH

2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: MrH on October 17, 2016, 02:31:53 PM
Is this done yet?

STILL waiting for it to ship out, I'm patient, but starting to get a little tired of it.

Eye of the Tiger

Payman

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on October 17, 2016, 03:33:56 PM
STILL waiting for it to ship out, I'm patient, but starting to get a little tired of it.

Tell them to shove it and give Brian Ball Motorsports a call, like you should have done from the git go.

http://www.bbmotorsports.us

Eye of the Tiger

Hire me full time and I will build it from scratch, then disassemble it into a kit and ship it to you.

FlatBlackCaddy

Dropped off today at a friends shop. Going to get it home saturday. I guess it's time to pick up the pace on this. Haven't done much prep work on the donor.

Eye of the Tiger

It appears damaged. You must have an immediate replacement shipped out. I will haul that pile of garbage away, no charge.

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on October 26, 2016, 08:49:46 PM
It appears damaged. You must have an immediate replacement shipped out. I will haul that pile of garbage away, no charge.

Thanks buddy, you want the donor car too. Free of course. How adout I put 5k in the glovebox for the turbo kit too.

In fact, just swing on by and pick it all up. But don't leave before coming inside for a quick romp with my girlfriend. While you're plowing her, I'll make a nice to go basket with some sandwiches and I'll even throw in a nice 18 year old bottle of scotch too.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on October 26, 2016, 08:56:49 PM
Thanks buddy, you want the donor car too. Free of course. How adout I put 5k in the glovebox for the turbo kit too.

In fact, just swing on by and pick it all up. But don't leave before coming inside for a quick romp with my girlfriend. While you're plowing her, I'll make a nice to go basket with some sandwiches and I'll even throw in a nice 18 year old bottle of scotch too.

Cool. I don't need a sandwich, though. Too many carbs.

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on October 26, 2016, 09:07:59 PM
Cool. I don't need a sandwich, though. Too many carbs.

You'll take the sandwich and you will like it.

giant_mtb

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on October 26, 2016, 08:56:49 PM

hahahaha

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on October 26, 2016, 09:18:47 PM
You'll take the sandwich and you will like it.

Good sanwich ...... nice girlfriend.

Payman

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on October 26, 2016, 08:44:13 PM

Dropped off today at a friends shop. Going to get it home saturday. I guess it's time to pick up the pace on this. Haven't done much prep work on the donor.

Woooooooo!  :dance: :dance: :dance:

MrH

Is it done yet?  I demand progress!
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

MrH

2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

FlatBlackCaddy

Got it unpacked, and inspected all the fiberglass panels for any shipping damage. Other than that have been having a hell of a time finding time to get out in the garage. Looking forward to shutting myself in all day this saturday. Will try to take some pictures, move some stuff around and clean the garage.

SVT_Power

This is how FBC died and thus we'll never see pictures
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Eye of the Tiger

MrH

RIP FBC.  I look forward to inheriting this kit car.
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

FlatBlackCaddy

It's winter up here in the north, and I'm a southerner at heart. I've never been an ambitious man, on the best of days, but 20 below wind chills and dark by 4pm really suck the life right out of me.

I did get some things moved around, and I'm looking to try to get the motor pulled from the donor so I can start rebuilding it. Wish I had more time, and more ambition, I'm sure I'll be all fired up once the snow melts, and I have accomplished nothing over the winter.

MrH

2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

SVT_Power

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on December 14, 2016, 07:16:15 AM
It's winter up here in the north, and I'm a southerner at heart. I've never been an ambitious man, on the best of days, but 20 below wind chills and dark by 4pm really suck the life right out of me.

I did get some things moved around, and I'm looking to try to get the motor pulled from the donor so I can start rebuilding it. Wish I had more time, and more ambition, I'm sure I'll be all fired up once the snow melts, and I have accomplished nothing over the winter.

+

FoMoJo

I remember, as a teenager, in the middle of a snowstorm in my parents back yard replacing the muffler on my '51 Mercury.  Not sure when I loss all that ambition, but I'd go to the car wash now rather than considering washing the car myself. :(
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

giant_mtb

Dude you have a beautiful, (presumably?) heated garage!  Who cares what it's like outside!

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: giant_mtb on December 14, 2016, 12:34:54 PM
Dude you have a beautiful, (presumably?) heated garage!  Who cares what it's like outside!

Ya, but, there is like 100 feet between the house and the garage. It's a hurdle that is tough to overcome. Also, garage productivity seemed to fall off once I installed a fridge and green lighted cigar smoking in the garage. So even if I make it past the first hurdle, there is no guarantee that I won't just end up drinking scotch and smoking cigars while watching TV out there.

Lifes hard guys.