2017 Panamera... wowie zowie!

Started by 12,000 RPM, June 23, 2016, 04:34:52 PM

veeman

Honestly 12000 RPM,  you could get yourself a Macan AND another Macan for your wife for the price of one of these.

It's cool and all but I think people are ooohing and ahhhing a bit because the model it's replacing was not very attractive.  Taken by itself, it doesn't scream gorgeous.  Exterior wise it's probably stylistically on par with a model S for me.

The transformer wing is very very cool however.

Raza

I really liked the last Panamera. :huh:
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: veeman on July 01, 2016, 05:33:19 PM

It's cool and all but I think people are ooohing and ahhhing a bit because the model it's replacing was not very attractive.  Taken by itself, it doesn't scream gorgeous.  Exterior wise it's probably stylistically on par with a model S for me.

:hesaid:
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Galaxy

Quote from: 68_427 on July 01, 2016, 12:15:59 AM
Don't forget this version is coming still.

Will that also come with the unfolding wing?

Dad, the ice cream is melting!

Honestly 12000 RPM,  you could get yourself a Macan AND another Macan for your wife for the price of one of these.

But the Macan is a ~80% an Audi Q5. The Panamera is in an entirely different league.

12,000 RPM

This is probably not an unfair assessment, but even still, it's much better looking than all its competitors besides the Model S, and IMO went from one of the worst looking sedans out to one of the best with what looks like a new rear door and bigger wheel wells. Worthy of praise IMO.

And if we did the 2 Porsche household thing mine would have to be a sports car. I could probably manage with a base 991 C2. As much as I like this design, I don't see the point of large sedans. This thing's probably no more fun to drive than a Macan Turbo, but way less practical. And a 911 is way more fun to drive, only giving up the back seats. It's kind of the worst of both worlds. Looks good though :wub:
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Vinsanity

I'm kind of mad that it hasn't looked this good from the get-go. But hey, I suppose the bad makes us appreciate the good  :praise:

2o6

Quote from: Vinsanity on July 10, 2016, 10:54:39 AM
I'm kind of mad that it hasn't looked this good from the get-go. But hey, I suppose the bad makes us appreciate the good  :praise:

what a blast from the past

Vinsanity

Quote from: 2o6 on July 10, 2016, 10:55:21 AM
what a blast from the past

well hello to you as well  :tounge:

I saw you were a fellow late-model CTS owner for a brief period. Was Cadillac ownership everything you hoped it would be?

2o6

Quote from: Vinsanity on July 10, 2016, 11:06:02 AM
well hello to you as well  :tounge:

I saw you were a fellow late-model CTS owner for a brief period. Was Cadillac ownership everything you hoped it would be?

It was garbage and I hated it, and I was terrified that the car was going to blow up catastrophically before I could sell it to the new owner

Thankfully, it went OK.

It was fast, tho.

Vinsanity

Quote from: 2o6 on July 10, 2016, 11:09:54 AM

It was garbage and I hated it, and I was terrified that the car was going to blow up catastrophically before I could sell it to the new owner

Thankfully, it went OK.

It was fast, tho.

You know what they say, life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all :praise:

Raza

Quote from: Vinsanity on July 10, 2016, 10:54:39 AM

Vin, man, we haven't seen you in a long time.  What's up?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Vinsanity

Quote from: Raza  on July 11, 2016, 08:58:57 AM
Vin, man, we haven't seen you in a long time.  What's up?

Not much, just decided to see what the old gang is up to

I do admit I came back mostly to brag about this on BikeSpin:

I actually picked it up last year, but it's my first bike, so I'm still pretty stoked. I still have the Caddy, but I think I might actually be putting more miles on the bike.