FJ Cruiser Test

Started by Catman, December 26, 2005, 06:53:51 PM

SVT666

QuoteLooks like some fun!  Beautiful Vancouver.
Considering Vancouver has 3 million people, that ain't Vancouver.  It looks more like Vancouver Island (the west coast of the island), or a couple of hours north of Vancouver.  I grew up in BC and the vast majority of the province looks like that (substitute lakes and rivers for the ocean).  93JeepCherokee, you need to go there for some extreme offroading.  

Wypress and McLean Creek have nothing on BC, especially since on any given long weekend you have 5000 people in each of those areas and the place gets absolutely destroyed by reckless idiots who are only there to see how far they can throw mud with their tires.  I haven't lived here long enough to really explore too much in the way of offroad trails, but those are the two places that I have been because that's where I was told to go.  Got any other suggestions?  I'm desperately trying to find better trails (I have been to water valley and found it very dissapointing).

Catman

QuoteLooks like some fun!  Beautiful Vancouver.
Considering Vancouver has 3 million people, that ain't Vancouver.  It looks more like Vancouver Island (the west coast of the island), or a couple of hours north of Vancouver.  I grew up in BC and the vast majority of the province looks like that (substitute lakes and rivers for the ocean).  93JeepCherokee, you need to go there for some extreme offroading.  

Wypress and McLean Creek have nothing on BC, especially since on any given long weekend you have 5000 people in each of those areas and the place gets absolutely destroyed by reckless idiots who are only there to see how far they can throw mud with their tires.  I haven't lived here long enough to really explore too much in the way of offroad trails, but those are the two places that I have been because that's where I was told to go.  Got any other suggestions?  I'm desperately trying to find better trails (I have been to water valley and found it very dissapointing).
I think the club is based out of Vancouver.  

SVT666

QuoteLooks like some fun!? Beautiful Vancouver.

I think the club is based out of Vancouver.
oh ok.  There are a lot of clubs out there, the biggest and somewhat famous club is the North Shore Offroaders.  Do you know the name of your buddy's club?

93JC

QuoteWypress Waiparous and McLean Creek have nothing on BC, especially since on any given long weekend you have 5000 people in each of those areas and the place gets absolutely destroyed by reckless idiots who are only there to see how far they can throw mud with their tires.
Yeah, McLean Creek and the Ghost-Waiparous area are filled with jackasses in big trucks.

QuoteI haven't lived here long enough to really explore too much in the way of offroad trails, but those are the two places that I have been because that's where I was told to go.  Got any other suggestions?  I'm desperately trying to find better trails (I have been to water valley and found it very dissapointing).

Try some of the trails listed on the Alberta Off-Highway Vehicle Association website.

Unfortunately, I doubt you'll never find trails that come even close to some of the stuff I've seen in photos from BC. The Alberta government doesn't make the good stuff (Banff, Jasper, Kananaskis) available to offroaders, for fear we'd destroy it (one glance at McLean Creek and I can't really blame them). Most of the old trails west of the city used to be pretty sweet, before every hick with a rig swamped the area. Most of the good trails have been closed or graded and gravelled.

Catman

It's actually a VW club.  I guess they do some off road trips. :blink:

*Edit* Here it is. http://www.vwdov.ca/

SVT666

QuoteIt's actually a VW club.  I guess they do some off road trips. :blink:

*Edit* Here it is. http://www.vwdov.ca/
:lol:  :lol:  :lol: Funny, I didn't see any VW's in those pics.  Although when my dad was growing up in a mountain lake fishing camp in BC they had a VW bug that they used to take offroad all the time  :rockon: