Lotus Exige vs Apache Helicopter

Started by NomisR, December 27, 2005, 10:53:45 AM

NomisR

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

ro51092

I WANT AN EXIGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least I might get an Elise when my lease is up next year.

Secret Chimp

Still not as cool as Range Rover vs. Tank

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Raza

Repost (Check Automobile Video Thread).  I only point this out because I posted it first.

:clap:  
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

NomisR

Ther'es a automobile video thread??

Raza

QuoteTher'es a automobile video thread??
Yeah, in General Automotive.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

JYODER240

I dont enjoy most of Top Gears races. They seem set up and dont usually show what the car is capable of. If they're going to race i'd rather see it against another car.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Run Away

Weaksauce!!
The ending is cut off, what happens?

Fire It Up

QuoteI dont enjoy most of Top Gears races. They seem set up and dont usually show what the car is capable of. If they're going to race i'd rather see it against another car.
Really? I love the Top Gear challenges.  

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

Raza

QuoteI dont enjoy most of Top Gears races. They seem set up and dont usually show what the car is capable of. If they're going to race i'd rather see it against another car.
Top Gear is by no means scientific.  It's just fun to see if you can outrun an Apache in an Exige.  It does show the car's abilities, because if you can't get a missile lock on it, you have to be pretty fast and pretty agile.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Catman

I know the car handles great, etc, but I can't see it being worth the asking price.  A go-kart handles well also but it isn't $50K.  Looking at that dude exiting the car made me laugh, could it be any smaller?  I'd take a Corvette over that dinky thing any day. :monkey: Exige

Raza

QuoteI know the car handles great, etc, but I can't see it being worth the asking price.  A go-kart handles well also but it isn't $50K.  Looking at that dude exiting the car made me laugh, could it be any smaller?  I'd take a Corvette over that dinky thing any day. :monkey: Exige
You're joking, right?  You'd get left behind.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Catman

QuoteI know the car handles great, etc, but I can't see it being worth the asking price.  A go-kart handles well also but it isn't $50K.  Looking at that dude exiting the car made me laugh, could it be any smaller?  I'd take a Corvette over that dinky thing any day. :monkey: Exige
At least I'd be able to see over the reflectors in the road.

NomisR

It's not that small, it's roughly the size of one of the early Miatas or one of the 1st gen Rx7s.. it's the really wide and tall door sills that makes climbing out next to impossible along with the really low roof line.  If they made the car a gull wing or the scissor wings, it would make ingress and egress a lot simpler.

Raza

QuoteI know the car handles great, etc, but I can't see it being worth the asking price.  A go-kart handles well also but it isn't $50K.  Looking at that dude exiting the car made me laugh, could it be any smaller?  I'd take a Corvette over that dinky thing any day. :monkey: Exige
At least I'd be able to see over the reflectors in the road.
I don't know about an Exige, but in my 50 some car cache the Elise is the best I've ever driven.  The Exige may not be as good, but it's faster, so that might do it for some.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

QuoteIt's not that small, it's roughly the size of one of the early Miatas or one of the 1st gen Rx7s.. it's the really wide and tall door sills that makes climbing out next to impossible along with the really low roof line.  If they made the car a gull wing or the scissor wings, it would make ingress and egress a lot simpler.
No, it wouldn't.  It would make it tougher, because then you'd have to deal with the door on top of you (if it were a gullwing) or deal with accidentally grabbing the door as you try and pry yourself out of it.  There's a right way and several wrong ways to get out of an Exige/Elise, and the doors have nothing to do with it.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

JYODER240

QuoteIt's not that small, it's roughly the size of one of the early Miatas or one of the 1st gen Rx7s.. it's the really wide and tall door sills that makes climbing out next to impossible along with the really low roof line.  If they made the car a gull wing or the scissor wings, it would make ingress and egress a lot simpler.
No, it wouldn't.  It would make it tougher, because then you'd have to deal with the door on top of you (if it were a gullwing) or deal with accidentally grabbing the door as you try and pry yourself out of it.  There's a right way and several wrong ways to get out of an Exige/Elise, and the doors have nothing to do with it.
I'm still incredibly jealous of you, i'm definently going to have to test drive an Elise. I doubt i'll get one, but it will be a blast.  

Lebowski

QuoteI know the car handles great, etc, but I can't see it being worth the asking price.  A go-kart handles well also but it isn't $50K.  Looking at that dude exiting the car made me laugh, could it be any smaller?  I'd take a Corvette over that dinky thing any day. :monkey: Exige
^ I agree!

Seriously, I do like the exige, but that would definately have to be at least a second car (if not a third car) to be doable.  It really is like a go-cart in that it functions exclusively as a $50k toy (as opposed to something like a corvette, which is a $50k toy that doesn't require an additional ~$30k car to get you to work  :lol: )

JYODER240

If it didnt snow it Ohio I would definently get an Elise or maybe a Corvette, but I dont think it would be possible to safely drive either in the snow :(  

Raza

^ I agree!

Seriously, I do like the exige, but that would definately have to be at least a second car (if not a third car) to be doable.  It really is like a go-cart in that it functions exclusively as a $50k toy (as opposed to something like a corvette, which is a $50k toy that doesn't require an additional ~$30k car to get you to work  :lol: )
You're too bloody old, that's the problem.

;)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

NomisR

QuoteIt's not that small, it's roughly the size of one of the early Miatas or one of the 1st gen Rx7s.. it's the really wide and tall door sills that makes climbing out next to impossible along with the really low roof line.  If they made the car a gull wing or the scissor wings, it would make ingress and egress a lot simpler.
I was more refering to the Exige with the roof in the way as the gull wing or scissor wing type doors would get the roof out of the way which would make getting out significantly easier.  

Raza

I was more refering to the Exige with the roof in the way as the gull wing or scissor wing type doors would get the roof out of the way which would make getting out significantly easier.
Okay, I follow now.  You mean something like the Ford GT's doors, but vertical.

Miscommunication.  

Yeah, that would work.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

thewizard16

I don't love the Corvette, but I personally would take it over the Exige too. I don't like how the Exige looks, and it's just too small for me. Not my kind of vehicle at all. I admire its capabilities, but that's as far as my feelings for it go.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Raza

I don't love the Corvette, but I personally would take it over the Exige too. I don't like how the Exige looks, and it's just too small for me. Not my kind of vehicle at all. I admire its capabilities, but that's as far as my feelings for it go.
That's understandable, though I wouldn't do the same in your position.  I'd take the Elise over all of them, however.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

thewizard16

QuoteI know the car handles great, etc, but I can't see it being worth the asking price.? A go-kart handles well also but it isn't $50K.? Looking at that dude exiting the car made me laugh, could it be any smaller?? I'd take a Corvette over that dinky thing any day. :monkey: Exige
That's understandable, though I wouldn't do the same in your position.  I'd take the Elise over all of them, however.
I think Lotus in general just isn't my kind of brand. I don't really like anything they make, even though I know they're extremely good at what they do. It's a combination of styling/size thing, I guess, because I can't figure out why else I'm just incapable of liking them.
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Raza

I think Lotus in general just isn't my kind of brand. I don't really like anything they make, even though I know they're extremely good at what they do. It's a combination of styling/size thing, I guess, because I can't figure out why else I'm just incapable of liking them.
Lotus, in my eyes, is very much the perfect brand.  Funny, eh?  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

JYODER240

QuoteI know the car handles great, etc, but I can't see it being worth the asking price.? A go-kart handles well also but it isn't $50K.? Looking at that dude exiting the car made me laugh, could it be any smaller?? I'd take a Corvette over that dinky thing any day. :monkey: Exige
I agree, it more like a breath of fresh air. Finally a sports car that doesnt wiegh 4000 lbs.

thewizard16

I agree, it more like a breath of fresh air. Finally a sports car that doesnt wiegh 4000 lbs.
I'm afraid I'm too much of a lux-sports kind of person, and I'm also not a fan of cars small enough for me to feel I'm being intimate with it. It's not that I don't want to be connected to the car, I just want to do it with all the luxuries and tech toys (within reason) I can get. I realize that those requirements knock out most of the most capable true sports cars, but I guess unless I have some kind of big shift in what I like, I'll never care that I missed out on them.  
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport