Lotus Exige vs Apache Helicopter

Started by NomisR, December 27, 2005, 10:53:45 AM

Raza

That's a shame, really.  You should drive an Elise, see if that changes your mind.  It's changed my life.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

thewizard16

QuoteThat's a shame, really.  You should drive an Elise, see if that changes your mind.  It's changed my life.
Perhaps... I doubt there are any Lotus dealerships anywhere near the places I live though. Maybe when I'm on a trip. I may be in New York this summer, I'm sure they have one. The other possibilities are Singapore or back to Germany, probably Bremen, I want to visit a friend. All of which I'd like to do... I'll have to see how plans go. Do they have the same Lotuses in Germany? Driving one on the Autobahn might be fun, and they're notoriously friendly to American tourists. They automatically assume you're rich.  B)  
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Raza

I don't know if they sell Lotus in Germany, but if not, you could always try an Opel Speedster Turbo.  Slightly slower, but very similar indeed.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

NomisR

QuoteThat's a shame, really.  You should drive an Elise, see if that changes your mind.  It's changed my life.
Perhaps... I doubt there are any Lotus dealerships anywhere near the places I live though. Maybe when I'm on a trip. I may be in New York this summer, I'm sure they have one. The other possibilities are Singapore or back to Germany, probably Bremen, I want to visit a friend. All of which I'd like to do... I'll have to see how plans go. Do they have the same Lotuses in Germany? Driving one on the Autobahn might be fun, and they're notoriously friendly to American tourists. They automatically assume you're rich.  B)
I don't know about the autobahn though, it would be fun but it's definately not the same experience as tossing the car around a corner.  Going on the autobahn is something more suited for the Bugatti Veyron..  :lol:   Go test drive that when you're in Germany..   :rockon:  

Raza

I don't know where you live, Wiz, but there's a Lotus dealer in Hopewell, NJ.  Good place, hardwood floors, full of good guys who are enthusiasts.  That showroom had a Maserati 3500GT (something to that effect, anyway) and a mint XK140 and a mint 911 from 1972.  Amazing place.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Lebowski

QuoteI know the car handles great, etc, but I can't see it being worth the asking price.? A go-kart handles well also but it isn't $50K.? Looking at that dude exiting the car made me laugh, could it be any smaller?? I'd take a Corvette over that dinky thing any day. :monkey: Exige
You're joking, right?  You'd get left behind.
I don't love the Corvette, but I personally would take it over the Exige too. I don't like how the Exige looks, and it's just too small for me. Not my kind of vehicle at all. I admire its capabilities, but that's as far as my feelings for it go.
You don't love the corveete!!!???  :rage:  :rage:  :rage:  :rage:  :o  :o  :o  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Do I get to be the new resident corveete troll?  And, is corveete w/ one t or 2 (corveette)?

In all seriousness, I haven't driven the exige, but between the two:  

As a daily driver, I'd take the corvette, no question.

As a 2nd or 3rd "toy" car, I'd probably take the exige (or elise ... but obviously would have to drive both to say for sure).

Raza

I don't think the Exige could be better than the Elise enough for me to give up the removeable top.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

thewizard16

QuoteI don't know where you live, Wiz, but there's a Lotus dealer in Hopewell, NJ.  Good place, hardwood floors, full of good guys who are enthusiasts.  That showroom had a Maserati 3500GT (something to that effect, anyway) and a mint XK140 and a mint 911 from 1972.  Amazing place.
Northcentral and Northwestern Arkansas... I doubt there are any very near. And Lebowski, no, I don't love the Corvette. It's a fun car, I enjoyed the little time I spent in one, but it's not something I'd drive. I don't dislike it, it's just not me.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

NomisR

QuoteI don't think the Exige could be better than the Elise enough for me to give up the removeable top.
I'm just not a topless person, I would definately prefer an Exige over an Elise.. Elise is a street car that can be a race car, an Exige is a race car made for street use.. Exige it is...   :rockon:  

JYODER240

The Elise is pretty hardcore as it is, so I'd probably just stick with it.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

GMPenguin

QuoteI know the car handles great, etc, but I can't see it being worth the asking price.? A go-kart handles well also but it isn't $50K.? Looking at that dude exiting the car made me laugh, could it be any smaller?? I'd take a Corvette over that dinky thing any day. :monkey: Exige
You're joking, right?  You'd get left behind.
I don't love the Corvette, but I personally would take it over the Exige too. I don't like how the Exige looks, and it's just too small for me. Not my kind of vehicle at all. I admire its capabilities, but that's as far as my feelings for it go.
That's understandable, though I wouldn't do the same in your position.  I'd take the Elise over all of them, however.
I think Lotus in general just isn't my kind of brand. I don't really like anything they make, even though I know they're extremely good at what they do. It's a combination of styling/size thing, I guess, because I can't figure out why else I'm just incapable of liking them.
I love the looks of the Elise/Exige and I like driving small cars, too.  I'd take the Elise over the Exige (not sure why, really) and over almost anything else, given that it is as great as the impression I get from reviews and GT4 ( :D ).

EDIT:  Hey, Raza, you mentioned the Opel Speedster, have you ever driven one?