New 5-series

Started by 2o6, October 12, 2016, 05:26:04 PM

2o6

MexicoCityM3

Probably in my future in a year or so when I retire the M5. I'd love a 540i with the turbo six. More than enough really.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

ifcar

I guess I'd have to see it in person, but lots of creases on a plain body make it seem like a cheaper car that's faking luxury. Maybe in real life the proportions will carry it. Still, it's nice to see a car with glass.

Vinsanity

I spotted this on the way to Vegas not too long ago

from what I can tell it'll look exactly like the current 5 with updated front and rear fascias.

giant_mtb

Quote from: ifcar on October 12, 2016, 06:12:54 PM
I guess I'd have to see it in person, but lots of creases on a plain body make it seem like a cheaper car that's faking luxury. Maybe in real life the proportions will carry it. Still, it's nice to see a car with glass.

Agreed.  Less of that lower crease on the doors would probably look nice. But of course...in person...who knows. They might have (probably) altered the photo a bit to emphasize the body lines.

Still a good looking car, though.

CaminoRacer

Seems like the same amount of creases as the current cars, which look great in person.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

cawimmer430

Looks like a shrunken 7-Series. Not bad.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

68_427

Quote from: ifcar on October 12, 2016, 06:12:54 PM

If Hyundai/Kia were tasked to "improve" the F10
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

68_427

Quote from: CaminoRacer on October 12, 2016, 07:20:18 PM
Seems like the same amount of creases as the current cars, which look great in person.

There's a couple more, but I think the vent behind the front wheel draws more attention to the lower ones.

'racecar is die'
no

68_427

I also prefer the center stack of the F10 (disregarding the screen, as everyone is doing it that way now)

I don't like the look that the console and center stack are two different piece.  It doesn't flow at all.
'racecar is die'
no

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

12,000 RPM

Remember the days when the 5er was the #2 pick in this class? Seems like such a long time ago. This does nothing to bump it up the ranks.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

cawimmer430

I wonder if I spotted the next-generation 5er Touring...

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie