Versa S (for Sport)

Started by Eye of the Tiger, October 31, 2016, 06:43:44 PM

SVT_Power

did you put them on car yet
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: SVT_Power on December 21, 2016, 07:16:38 AM
did you put them on car yet

Naw, my wheel weights did not arrive in the same shipment. Very disapointe son. I ordered special black sticky weights.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Raza

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on December 21, 2016, 07:18:32 AM
Naw, my wheel weights did not arrive in the same shipment. Very disapointe son. I ordered special black sticky weights.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

r0tor

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on December 21, 2016, 07:18:32 AM

Avoid hanging weights
Drill holes instead
Lightness you will now master
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: r0tor on December 22, 2016, 05:29:07 AM
Avoid hanging weights
Drill holes instead
Lightness you will now master

Add lightness. Duh. I an so stoopd

Eye of the Tiger

I might get some Nankang NS-20s for $58 each, shipped - about half the cost of my choice Dunlops. They seem to get reasonable reviews. I will put my used S.Drives on the steelies for autox. Ok. Good.

Eye of the Tiger

Ordered a set of Nankang NS20. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Cheap tires, but get good reviews. No question they will blow away the OE ecofriendly pizza cutters.

Eye of the Tiger

Wow, very fast shipping.  Already got these

But the shop is closed thos weekend. Will have to wait until next year to mountain balance.

Eye of the Tiger

Wheels and tires are packed in the car. Hopefully I will have time at work tomorrow to Mountain balance. Otherwise I will be driving around with wheels and tires in my car all week.

Eye of the Tiger

Wheels n tires are on.
+8 Handling
+1 Charisma
0 pictures, too dark

Eye of the Tiger

Body dude at work said he could get me some sweet black racing stripes. Subtle, matches the wheels and trim, ruins any resale value. Hmmm ....

Eye of the Tiger

Crossing things off my list ...

I. List of lists
  A. Mechanical items
    1. Rear sway bar
    2. Fill torque mount with windshield adhesive
    3. Coilovers
      a. Camber bolts
      b. alignment
    4. Wheels/tires
      a. lightweight wheels and sporty tires for street
      b. Paint steelies and mount used tires for autox
  B. Other items
    1. Window tintz
    2. Weathertech floor liner
    3. Polish and wax paint

68_427

Black out the a-pillars and make it Versa GT-R
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Eye of the Tiger

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 68_427 on January 04, 2017, 03:48:37 AM
Black out the a-pillars and make it Versa GT-R

Versa S (for Saturn Ion)

MX793

Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: MX793 on January 04, 2017, 06:22:18 AM
Needs moar stance.

I have a pair of crash bolts I can throw on. :cheers:

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Raza  on January 04, 2017, 06:43:51 AM
Plastidip the doors pink.

I was actually going to see if there was an aftermarket headlight kit that can extend them fully to the bases of the A-pillars. I can't believe Nissan couldn't be bothered to finish what they started, but I guess it's just a cheap car.

Eye of the Tiger

Damn ... Megan coilivers are only $649.99 with free shipping. So tempting. But, must wait. Cannot dig into the LAND fund.

MX793

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on January 04, 2017, 07:06:47 PM
Damn ... Megan coilivers are only $649.99 with free shipping. So tempting. But, must wait. Cannot dig into the LAND fund.

Instead of lowering, just cut out cardboard arches to fill in the fender gap and tape or rivet them to the fenders.  Spray with plastidip for weather-proofness.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: MX793 on January 04, 2017, 09:09:14 PM
Instead of lowering, just cut out cardboard arches to fill in the fender gap and tape or rivet them to the fenders.  Spray with plastidip for weather-proofness.

How does that make it turn faster

CaminoRacer

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on January 05, 2017, 07:18:17 AM
How does that make it turn faster

Less air gap improves side-flow aerodynamics and allows the car to squat through the corners.
1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV, 2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: CaminoRacer on January 05, 2017, 09:24:36 AM
Less air gap improves side-flow aerodynamics and allows the car to squat through the corners.

Sure, makes sense. You must work for NASCAR.

Eye of the Tiger

I read some stuff on the interweb about a bunch of Versas built with the wrong sized rod bearings. They knock when they are brand new, then it gets worse, the bearing gets trashed, and it dies.
Versa S could be affected. It certainly is not a quiet engine. In fact, it probably has the rod knock. Almost positive. Yeah, it definitely has it. Oh well. I might as well see how long it can go before I get a free engine.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on January 05, 2017, 07:53:34 PM
I read some stuff on the interweb about a bunch of Versas built with the wrong sized rod bearings. They knock when they are brand new, then it gets worse, the bearing gets trashed, and it dies.
Versa S could be affected. It certainly is not a quiet engine. In fact, it probably has the rod knock. Almost positive. Yeah, it definitely has it. Oh well. I might as well see how long it can go before I get a free engine.

How the fuck do you?
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

It is only audible around 2500 RPM with little or no load. I will keep my oil change receipts and see what happens.

Eye of the Tiger

On the bright side, the fatter tires allow for enough turning speed that trail braking actually upsets the rear end enough for ESC to kick in. Still needs RSB, though

Eye of the Tiger

I have to say I am pleased with the Nankang Noble Sport 20 tires. They track straighter on the highway while somehow seeming quieter than the OE tires, have pretty good wet traction, maintain grip in sub-freezing temps, and they did not take much weight to balance. Only one tire needed over an ounce of weights. Also, they are dirt cheap. Will buy again.

Oh, and steering feel. Huge improvement. The Nissan 'lectric steering isn't so bad with tires that don't completely suck.