Second Gen CX-5 now with more buy-back*

Started by 68_427, November 15, 2016, 09:37:28 PM

68_427

*customers

QuoteMazda Unveils the All-New CX-5

-- Sales start in February in Japan with launches in global markets to follow--

HIROSHIMA, Japan—Mazda Motor Corporation today unveiled the all-new Mazda CX-5 crossover SUV. The fully redesigned model, which refines every element of Mazda's design and technology to offer new dimensions of driving pleasure, will be launched in Japan in February before being rolled out to global markets.

All-new Mazda CX-5 (with North American specifications)

The slogan for development of the all-new CX-5 was "an SUV all customers will enjoy," and Mazda aimed to add a new dimension by offering driving pleasure that everyone on board can enjoy—not just the driver. The model is engineered in line with human sensibilities to deliver responsive performance that conforms to the driver's expectations. It also prioritizes passenger comfort, with a quiet cabin and pleasant ride feel, and adopts G-Vectoring Control, the first of the SKYACTIV-VEHICLE DYNAMICS vehicle motion control technologies. Designed under the KODO—Soul of Motion design theme, the exterior is both bold and sensual, and the interior has been crafted to give occupants a pleasant feeling. The body color lineup includes the newly developed Soul Red Crystal, which highlights the beauty and quality of Mazda's KODO designs.

The powertrain lineup comprises the SKYACTIV-G 2.0 and 2.5 gasoline, and SKYACTIV-D 2.2 diesel engines. All three options offer powerful, linear driving performance and outstanding environmental performance.

The all-new CX-5 will be on display at the Los Angeles Auto Show, open to the public Nov. 18-27.1

Launched in 2012, the CX-5 was the first new-generation model featuring SKYACTIV technology2 and KODO design. It has since grown into a core model that is sold in over 120 countries and accounts for approximately one quarter of Mazda's global sales volume.3 It has won around 90 awards worldwide, including 2012-2013 Japan Car of the Year.4

By providing driving pleasure to everybody who drives or rides in one of its vehicles, Mazda aims to enrich people's lives and become a brand with which customers feel an emotional connection.

*1 Mazda will hold a press conference at the show at 12:50 p.m. on Nov. 16, the first of two press days.

*2 SKYACTIV is an umbrella term for Mazda's next-generation technologies, including gasoline and diesel engines, transmissions, body and chassis, developed to provide both driving pleasure and outstanding environmental and safety performance, based on the company's Sustainable Zoom-Zoom long-term vision for technology development.

*3 As of November, 2016. Based on in-house data.

*4 As of November, 2016. Based on in-house data.

# # #

Mazda Develops New Body Color,

Soul Red Crystal, to Symbolize KODO Design

--Advanced Version of Soul Red to Be Used from All-New CX-5--

HIROSHIMA, Japan—Mazda Motor Corporation has developed a new body color, Soul Red Crystal, to symbolize its KODO—Soul of Motion design. The new color will debut on the all-new Mazda CX-5, on sale in Japan from February next year, before being rolled out to new and existing models.

In the belief that "color is an element of form," Mazda has focused on developing colors that highlight the beauty and quality of its KODO designs. Soul Red Crystal is an advanced version of Soul Red that balances vibrant energy and vividness with clear depth and gloss. It boasts 20 percent greater color saturation and 50 percent more depth than Soul Red, for a fresher, lustrous transparence.

The paint retains a simple three-layer structure comprising clear, translucent and reflective coats, but represents an evolution of Mazda's Takuminuri painting technology. Takuminuri gives mass-production vehicles a precise, high-quality finish that looks like it has been hand-sprayed by a master craftsman. It has been used previously with Soul Red and Machine Gray.

The new paint's translucent layer features a newly developed highly saturated red pigment for a richer red. In addition to high-brilliance, extremely thin aluminum flakes, the reflective coat features light-absorbing flakes that intensify shaded areas and make it possible to achieve a depth of color that previously required two layers.

The aluminum flakes were made a uniform size, the consistency of the paint was enhanced and a technique to shrink the volume of paint during the drying process was employed. This results in even, smooth coverage of the aluminum and light-absorbing flakes on the car's body and more precise control of light reflection, making for a substantially deeper and more vivid color.

Coat Structure of Soul Red Crystal

This coat structure technology combines coloring and functionality, enabling Mazda to apply Soul Red Crystal, a designer color that would usually require more layers, in the same environmentally friendly paint shops that produce its regular body colors.

In the belief that "color is an element of form," Mazda will continue to develop new colors and paint technologies, and work to be a brand that maintains a strong emotional connection with customers.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

CALL_911

Damn feels like the first gen just came out. Looks great, unsurprisingly

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Cookie Monster

Do want. Wish it came with a stick though.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Eye of the Tiger

Uh ... dat grille ... but look how red it is.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

cawimmer430

Why is the rear license plate in the car's color? Is this a USA thing?  :confused:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

12,000 RPM

Quote from: cawimmer430 on November 16, 2016, 06:35:51 AM
Why is the rear license plate in the car's color? Is this a USA thing?  :confused:

It's to make the photos state neutral. Don't want to turn anyone off by showing any state preference. No plate or a "Mazda" plate would look cheesy.

This looks interesting.... particularly the diesel it's supposed to get. 173 HP + 310lbft and a 5200 RPM redline should make for serious part throttle haste.

I still wish they would do a CX-7 with the 2.5T. CX-9 is nice but I refuse to pay for that useless 3rd row we will never use anyway. CX-5 is just a little too downmarket for what I want to replace wife's car with
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

cawimmer430

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on November 16, 2016, 06:40:44 AM
It's to make the photos state neutral. Don't want to turn anyone off by showing any state preference. No plate or a "Mazda" plate would look cheesy.

They should just take it off prior to the shoot.  :lol:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

MrH

Quote from: Cookie Monster on November 16, 2016, 12:22:19 AM
Do want. Wish it came with a stick though.

The current one does, but only in stripper FWD versions I think.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

veeman

That Mazda soul red in their current line-up and this even better red are the best colors I've seen on a mainstream brand.  For luxury cars, I love some of the colors that Lexus uses particularly their dark browns.

2o6

It looks good. I don't think it's "all new" but a total body reskin with a new interior.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: 2o6 on November 21, 2016, 01:09:49 PM
It looks good. I don't think it's "all new" but a total body reskin with a new interior.
I don't have a problem with this. This is what the Infiniti G/Q50 essentially are.

I am really interested in this. Lot to test next year. This, Sportage SX, used Q5 (hybrid?), RDX, lot of great little utes out there.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs