I know I'm crazy but am I off with this?

Started by 12,000 RPM, December 27, 2016, 11:20:10 AM

ifcar

Quote from: MX793 on December 28, 2016, 07:15:46 AM
It's the exact same size as the Accord.  They took the TL, which was slightly larger than the Accord, and the TSX, which was slightly smaller, and merged them into a single model that is the exact same size as the Accord.

Thus making room for the Civic-sized ILX, which will be a great TSX replacement once they base it on the current Civic.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: ifcar on December 28, 2016, 12:21:26 PM
Thus making room for the Civic-sized ILX, which will be a great TSX replacement once they base it on the current Civic.
Yea this is what I'm waiting to see too. It will be too $$$ for my  timeline though

MX793 the Accord is growing on me. Chassis is really good, fits in my garage, relaxing to drive, looks good lowered. And yea, rear facing infant seat is key.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Xer0

Quote from: ifcar on December 28, 2016, 12:21:26 PM

:lol:

As an owner of the current Civic and having extensive seat time in the new Civic, this statement is so true it hurts.  The current Civic is a better "luxury" car than the current ILX. 

Tave

Acura used to make sense back when they offered premium interiors and styling over Honda. Now that they're uglier and don't really make the inside a nicer place to be...why bother?
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

12,000 RPM

The Accord looks as good as the TLX in top trim but in cheapo base trim? Nah.

And the new Civic ranges from mildly offensive to "why did you buy that" hideous. ILX won't light the world on fire but it's not ugly. Next one should be really nice though.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: Tave on December 28, 2016, 12:49:40 PM
Acura used to make sense back when they offered premium interiors and styling over Honda. Now that they're uglier and don't really make the inside a nicer place to be...why bother?
:hesaid:
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

MX793

Quote from: FoMoJo on December 28, 2016, 12:15:36 PM
Babies? :huh:

Quote- Whoooaaaaa Nelly..... she's a big girl noowwwwww, no more daddy's little girrrrrllllll.... too fucking big man. I mainly got it to see if I could live with/get over this size of a car... I can't, no fucking way. Def getting a C-segment warm/hot hatch. I'd get a B-segment hot hatch if they sold any here with a decent back sea
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Tave

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on December 28, 2016, 12:58:40 PM
The Accord looks as good as the TLX in top trim but in cheapo base trim? Nah.

It looks better in all trims, but point being you can get an EX-L V6 for less than the base MSRP on a TLX, and you can get the 4 cylinder with loaded interiors for waaaaay less than the TLX. I think the sweet spot is the Sport SE: manual, 10-way adjustable heated leather seats, 19" alloys, dual climate, etc..., and all for 25K.

QuoteAnd the new Civic ranges from mildly offensive to "why did you buy that" hideous. ILX won't light the world on fire but it's not ugly. Next one should be really nice though.

No offense man but your Civic isn't anything remotely special in the looks department. I'd go as far as calling it just as ugly if not more so than the new one. It is, however, better looking than the ILX with its terrible schnoz, and I wouldn't hold out much hope for Acura's styling treatment on the new one either.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Tave on December 28, 2016, 03:45:37 PM
It looks better in all trims, but point being you can get an EX-L V6 for less than the base MSRP on a TLX, and you can get the 4 cylinder with loaded interiors for waaaaay less than the TLX. I think the sweet spot is the Sport SE: manual, 10-way adjustable heated leather seats, 19" alloys, dual climate, etc..., and all for 25K.
Looks wise.... everyone has their right to an opinion I guess. And a 4 banger Accord equipped like a TLX is only gonna be like $2-3K less. For me, the better looks, slicker automatic transmission, 4 wheel steering and LED headlights are definitely worth that premium. I get that shit like that doesn't matter to most people and for a wide range of people the Accord is the better buy, but that shit does matter to some people. :huh:

Quote from: Tave on December 28, 2016, 03:45:37 PMNo offense man but your Civic isn't anything remotely special in the looks department. I'd go as far as calling it just as ugly if not more so than the new one. It is, however, better looking than the ILX with its terrible schnoz, and I wouldn't hold out much hope for Acura's styling treatment on the new one either.
Again, everyone has their right to an opinion. But I think an objective case for the current Civic hatchback being the ugliest Civic ever made could be convincingly argued. There are a lot of weird details and off proportions on it.

r0tor

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on December 27, 2016, 06:28:15 PM
Man TLXs are growing on me

I think I need to make sure my wheels/tires are still on my car  :pullover:
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

r0tor

Quote from: r0tor on December 28, 2016, 08:48:43 PM
I think I need to make sure my wheels/tires are still on my car  :pullover:

Meh nevermind... They overpaid for advans
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

r0tor

Quote from: 68_427 on December 30, 2016, 07:12:58 AM
Friends dont let friends run fake wheels

Nah, not that... I thought they were SSR's

Lebowski

Quote from: Tave on December 28, 2016, 12:49:40 PM

Yeah, I really don't understand what happened to Acura.

MX793

Quote from: Lebowski on January 02, 2017, 04:40:55 PM

Yeah, I really don't understand what happened to Acura.

The same thing that happened to Honda in general (both cars an motorcycles) in the mid '00s.  They've stagnated.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

12,000 RPM

Ehhhh........ Acura and 9th gen Civic aside, Honda still makes drivers' cars in mainstream segments with little to no sacrifice. Current Fit/Civic/Accord have great chassis tuning and segment competitive performance. Odyssey is a minivan that's fun to drive. We're well past the days of the likes of the S2000 and Integra Type R, but most of the regular offerings are as good as ever IMO.

giant_mtb

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on January 02, 2017, 06:20:27 PM
Ehhhh........ Acura and 9th gen Civic aside, Honda still makes drivers' cars in mainstream segments with little to no sacrifice. Current Fit/Civic/Accord have great chassis tuning and segment competitive performance. Odyssey is a minivan that's fun to drive. We're well past the days of the likes of the S2000 and Integra Type R, but most of the regular offerings are as good as ever IMO.

Fanboy statement of the year goes to..."a minivan that's fun to drive."

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: giant_mtb on January 02, 2017, 06:44:39 PM

:lol:

Even I laugh at that one.
Will

12,000 RPM

QuoteRejoice, parents afraid of giving up any semblance of driving pleasure by switching to a minivan: The Odyssey remains among the very best minivans to drive.
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2014-honda-odyssey-test-review

QuoteThat left us with the Odyssey, which does not drive like a van. On the road, it's like a bulked-up Accord, and with the way I send it juking and jiving through parking lots, you'd think I was piloting a CRX. It's an impeccably balanced machine, not just given its broad range of capabilities but, yes, especially given its capabilities.

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2015/06/gcbc-long-term-test-2015-honda-odyssey-ex.html

QuoteOn the road and highway, you would think you were driving a car. The drive is very smooth and acceleration and handling are excellent.

http://www.wheels.ca/car-reviews/odyssey-fun-honda-van/

Guys I have no reason to lie. I descended into the abyss of absurdity long ago. But I know I'm not alone :huh:

Soup DeVille

It's all relative man.

The Odyssey shines when compared to a Sienna or a Caravan. I doubt he Pacifica has changed that.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Soup DeVille on January 02, 2017, 08:41:44 PM
It's all relative man.

The Odyssey shines when compared to a Sienna or a Caravan. I doubt he Pacifica has changed that.

Holy crap I fell asleep partway through reading the word Sien ...  :zzz:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on January 02, 2017, 06:20:27 PM
I think Mazda has taken the Drivers Car Crown from Honda.....

giant_mtb

Quote from: Soup DeVille on January 02, 2017, 08:41:44 PM
It's all relative man.

I know, I was just giving him a hard time.

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Submariner

Celebrating a minivan that's "the best to drive" is like happily proclaiming your contraction of Syphilis; "the best STD to have".
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: Submariner on January 03, 2017, 06:06:11 PM
Celebrating a minivan that's "the best to drive" is like happily proclaiming your contraction of Syphilis; "the best STD to have".
It's like going to a hooker for a hug!

CALL_911

Won't lie, I had to drive a 2004 Odyssey around for a lil bit last year and it really wasn't bad. Thing was also quicker than I expected it to be (and I like the sound the Honda J series makes).

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: CALL_911 on January 06, 2017, 09:42:23 AM
Won't lie, I had to drive a 2004 Odyssey around for a lil bit last year and it really wasn't bad. Thing was also quicker than I expected it to be (and I like the sound the Honda J series makes).

:mrcool:

Mine gets Italian tuneups every now and again. Really sounds good above 4k RPMs. :rockon:
Will

Vinsanity

You know, I thought long and hard about a V6 TLX with SH-AWD for a short time, until I saw this:

http://www.consumerreports.org/car-reliability/the-most-and-least-reliable-cars-by-class/

and then this:

http://www.truedelta.com/Acura-TLX/reliability-1286

Finishing last place in reliability against the likes of the C-class, 3-series, A4, and ATS is quite a dubious "accomplishment". Apparently the main culprit here is the pointlessly complicated transmission.

GoCougs