2017 Rogue Sport

Started by 68_427, January 08, 2017, 10:43:37 PM

68_427

It's the ROW Kumquat.  Best looking mini-ute though minus the Jeeps.

Quote2017 Nissan Rogue Sport takes the stage at NAIAS today – joins record-breaking Rogue lineup this spring

"Right sized" Rogue Sport slots just under popular 2017 Rogue, Nissan's #1 selling vehicle in the U.S., and further expands Nissan's extensive SUV lineup
Brings Intelligent Safety Shield technologies, fun-to-drive performance and affordability to young, urban compact sport utility vehicle buyers

DETROIT – The new 2017 Nissan Rogue Sport, which is designed to expand the audience for Nissan's top-selling Rogue crossover when it goes on sale this spring, is set to make its auto show debut this morning at the North American International Auto Show.

The redesigned Rogue broke Nissan's all-time U.S. single month sales record for an individual model in December 2016 with sales of 40,477 units. Rogue also passed Nissan's longtime sales leader, Altima, for the 2016 calendar year Nissan U.S. sales crown.

The new Rogue Sport will be joined on stage by a new Nissan sedan concept. Presenting the two new vehicles will be José Muñoz, Chief Performance Officer, Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.; Chairman, Nissan North America, Inc., and Shiro Nakamura, Senior Vice President, Chief Creative Officer, Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.

"The new Rogue Sport is a perfect addition to the red hot Rogue lineup, which is also adding a first-ever Rogue Hybrid model for 2017," said Michael Bunce, vice president, Product Planning, Nissan North America, Inc. "With Rogue Sport's slightly smaller dimensions and sporty maneuverability, it's ideal for singles or couples without kids – or empty nesters – who want a sportier vehicle and can live with a little less cargo capacity than the current Rogue offers."

Rogue Sport has a 2.3-inch shorter wheelbase and a 12.1-inch shorter overall length than Rogue, helping make it more maneuverable in city traffic and an ideal size for tight city parking spaces. Other helpful city adventure features range from up to 61.1 cubic feet of cargo space (2nd row seat folded) and available innovative Divide-N-Hide® Cargo System to the Around View® Monitor (AVM) with Moving Object Detection (MOD)1.

Rogue Sport offers available Nissan Intelligent Safety Shield technologies including Forward Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection2, Intelligent Cruise Control3, Rear Cross Traffic Alert4 and Forward Emergency Braking2.

Rogue Sport is offered with a standard 141-horsepower 2.0-liter DOHC 16-valve inline 4-cylinder Direct Injection Gasoline (DIG™) system engine and Xtronic transmission. It goes on sale at Nissan dealers nationwide – in a choice of S, SV and SL grade levels – beginning in spring 2017.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

2o6

It's a pretty looking SUV

but I'm fucking tired of these things. The Rogue is compact. The Juke is subcompact. This is a small compact.

At least the juke is substantially faster.

Rich

Quote from: 2o6 on January 08, 2017, 11:02:29 PM
It's a pretty looking SUV

but I'm fucking tired of these things. The Rogue is compact. The Juke is subcompact. This is a small compact.

At least the juke is substantially faster.

How does it relate in size to the juke on the interior?

The Juke's styling is way out there, if this was created without much expense I could see it bringing in a lot more sales even with the Juke.
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

68_427

Quote from: Rich on January 09, 2017, 02:03:36 AM
How does it relate in size to the juke on the interior?

The Juke's styling is way out there, if this was created without much expense I could see it bringing in a lot more sales even with the Juke.

This is 10" longer than the Juke but height and width are near identical
'racecar is die'
no

12,000 RPM

Man this thing is tiny. I see it being popular in cities but that's it.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

68_427

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on January 09, 2017, 08:29:05 AM

Do the Renegade, Trax, Encore, HR-V etc not sell outside of cities?
'racecar is die'
no

SJ_GTI

Quote from: 68_427 on January 09, 2017, 08:30:41 AM
Do the Renegade, Trax, Encore, HR-V etc not sell outside of cities?

I see the Buick Encore everywhere round these here parts. I would classify my area as suburban bordering on rural.

68_427

Quote from: SJ_GTI on January 09, 2017, 09:51:49 AM
I see the Buick Encore everywhere round these here parts. I would classify my area as suburban bordering on rural.

Same here, annnnd same here
'racecar is die'
no

Laconian

The tacky Nissan Rogue/Rogue One cross-promotion has apparently been a raging success. The Rogue is the best selling Nissan nameplate, ever.  Americans :facepalm:
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

68_427

'racecar is die'
no

Cookie Monster

RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Rich

I'll be damned if that thing doesn't have a freaking awesome steering wheel. 
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

2o6

- Canada actually gets the Qashqai name

- Canada also get a base 6MT variant

Payman

Quote from: 2o6 on January 09, 2017, 04:14:54 PM
- Canada actually gets the Qashqai name

- Canada also get a base 6MT variant

I'd rock a Cashcow with a stick.

12,000 RPM

2o6

Quote from: Rockraven on January 09, 2017, 07:37:19 PM
I'd rock a Cashcow with a stick.

Before I bought the sonic, I really thought long and hard about a manual Juke

68_427

'racecar is die'
no

68_427

Quote from: 93JC on January 09, 2017, 09:57:58 PM
SUV, kind of like a Tiquan.

Jesus fuck.  Tried to Ryukein but failed
'racecar is die'
no

68_427

But dat seal of approval  :'(
'racecar is die'
no

Raza

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on January 09, 2017, 08:29:05 AM

People really seem to like cars like this.  I see a lot of cars in this size class--but then again, I do live in a city.  But I often see them on the highway (so who knows where they're coming from) and out in the suburbs as well. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Raza  on January 10, 2017, 04:39:46 AM
People really seem to like cars like this.  I see a lot of cars in this size class--but then again, I do live in a city.  But I often see them on the highway (so who knows where they're coming from) and out in the suburbs as well.
It might be because I'm in the land of the pickup truuuucck as commuter ride but I rarely see things of this size out here. It's all CRV size or bigger. I think I can count the # of Q3s/HRVs etc I've seen on one hand.

2o6

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on January 10, 2017, 05:34:00 AM
It might be because I'm in the land of the pickup truuuucck as commuter ride but I rarely see things of this size out here. It's all CRV size or bigger. I think I can count the # of Q3s/HRVs etc I've seen on one hand.

You prolly aren't looking.

Also, no one buys Q3's

AutobahnSHO

Looks better than the current one.
Will

68_427

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on January 10, 2017, 08:02:26 AM
Looks better than the current one.

This isn't replacing the current one.
'racecar is die'
no

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: 68_427 on January 10, 2017, 08:04:25 AM
This isn't replacing the current one.

They should fix the ugly curves on the current one.
Will

CaminoRacer

1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV, 2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance

93JC