Tesla

Started by SJ_GTI, February 23, 2017, 07:11:02 AM

r0tor

I'm more concerned over the idiotic humans sitting behind the steering wheel of semis
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Soup DeVille

Quote from: r0tor on December 10, 2022, 08:35:43 AM
I'm more concerned over the idiotic humans sitting behind the steering wheel of semis

I don't understand how making the cab poorly designed helps with that.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: r0tor on December 10, 2022, 08:35:43 AM

Truckers have way less accidents than most other drivers....
Will

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

CaminoRacer

The lack of waiting list is the biggest factor for used prices to drop. New prices are probably affected most by the higher interest rates, tech layoffs, and Nov/Dec sales might have been affected by the tax credits taking affect Jan 1.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

GoCougs

Quote from: Laconian on January 15, 2023, 08:05:12 PM
https://youtu.be/GT-9_As6qq4

Jesus, he really needs to work on getting rid of those "ums."

Tesla = emperor (finally) has no clothes.

Morris Minor

Does the drop get any of the Tesla models into price brackets good for the US tax credit?
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

CaminoRacer

Quote from: Morris Minor on January 16, 2023, 06:55:00 AM
Does the drop get any of the Tesla models into price brackets good for the US tax credit?

Yep

Laconian

I think Tesla knows that sales volume growth is more important for the stock price than profit margin. This will definitely juice a lot of sales.

Morris Minor

Quote from: Laconian on January 16, 2023, 12:53:42 PM
I think Tesla knows that sales volume growth is more important for the stock price than profit margin. This will definitely juice a lot of sales.
Looking... I don't know how unit margins compare with the competition but order backlogs plummeted in the last couple of months of 2022. My hunch is it was people deferring for tax freebies in '23... plus brand damage because of Musk/Twitter fuckery. It'll be interesting to see where this all goes.

IMO Tesla's ready for a boring grown up Tim Cook-type at the helm.

MrH

Their financials are dependent on growth too.  Your cash position can look great when you consistently squeeze your supply base for longer terms, and do a last minute fire drill to dump inventory every quarter.  It's all predicated on growth though.  The second you go flat or even negative on sales growth, the bill from 90 days ago where you over produced and over ordered becomes due and it gets ugly quick.  The same accounting games that Tesla has played for years predicated on unlimited growth unwind with the same mechanism when it reverses.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Morris Minor

It's been the case for five years, but I don't think my Model-3-owning neighbor realized that non-FSD-enabled Teslas are part of the FSD training fleet too (w/ owners' consent)

MrH

Quote from: Morris Minor on January 24, 2023, 11:59:15 AM
It's been the case for five years, but I don't think my Model-3-owning neighbor realized that non-FSD-enabled Teslas are part of the FSD training fleet too (w/ owners' consent)

Describe what you think the "training fleet" is doing.
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Morris Minor

Quote from: MrH on January 25, 2023, 06:54:23 AM
Describe what you think the "training fleet" is doing.
Look it up.

MrH

Quote from: Morris Minor on January 25, 2023, 02:23:09 PM
Look it up.

I want you to define it.  Or at least source what you think is happening.
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Yep it did.

CaminoRacer

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: FoMoJo on January 25, 2023, 07:05:54 PM
A winter car?

Yup camouflaged for snow

((( Congrats!! )))
Will

Morris Minor

Quote from: 565 on January 25, 2023, 05:58:04 PM
Yep it did.
Congrats! Let us know how it works out - likes & dislikes.
PS I never congratulated you on the X3M... & I love the color. (maybe Tesla will someday bring their dark red & silver over from Germany)

veeman

You have the best garage on the spin by a long shot.  Especially since MexicoCityM3 no longer posts. Congratulations. I enjoy vicariously living my fantasy garage through you.  Especially your drive reviews. 

Laconian

Oh wow, the plot thickens. You've quite a bit of experience in the "nicer car" segment, so it'll be interesting to see your honest take on what the Model Y has to offer.

CaminoRacer

Please tell me the Cadillac is still in the garage

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: veeman on January 26, 2023, 07:24:01 AM
You have the best garage on the spin by a long shot.  Especially since MexicoCityM3 no longer posts. Congratulations. I enjoy vicariously living my fantasy garage through you.  Especially your drive reviews. 

WHUT?  :nono: For realz?

Why on earth are you thinking some SUVs are cooler than my Old Miata/ Newer Civic/ Medium-old Odyssey combo???!?!?! :confused: :mask: 
Will

heelntoe

Quote from: 565 on January 25, 2023, 05:58:04 PM
Yep it did.

I ordered one in a similar spec - white exterior with the black interior. It's scheduled to be delivered in late Feb.

Looking forward to hearing what you think of it.
@heelntoe

veeman

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on January 26, 2023, 04:01:05 PM
WHUT?  :nono: For realz?

Why on earth are you thinking some SUVs are cooler than my Old Miata/ Newer Civic/ Medium-old Odyssey combo???!?!?! :confused: :mask:

I think his garage has a BMW X3M, Corvette Z06, Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing (all in great blue colors) and now a Tesla Model Y.  I'm not sure maybe he got rid of the Cadillac?

Excluding supercars, this is an outstanding fantasy garage.  The only thing I can think of adding is a quad cab pickup, like an all black Ram  :lol:

Morris Minor

Quote from: veeman on January 27, 2023, 08:09:09 AM
I think his garage has a BMW X3M, Corvette Z06, Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing (all in great blue colors) and now a Tesla Model Y.  I'm not sure maybe he got rid of the Cadillac?

Excluding supercars, this is an outstanding fantasy garage.  The only thing I can think of adding is a quad cab pickup, like an all black Ram  :lol:
The Ram is the only truck I'd be interested in. The guy across the street had a 1500 w/ the turbo diesel. I was amazed - you could only just make out that there was a diesel under the hood - none of the usual smoke & clatter. Almost nobody buys a diesel so he got a schweet deal.

I saw that the Y was the world's 4th best-seller last year (up fm #19 in '21) https://www.focus2move.com/world-car-market/

SJ_GTI

Quote from: veeman on January 27, 2023, 08:09:09 AM

Sorry, Miata still wins. Better luck next time.

AutobahnSHO

Will

Morris Minor

LA Times opinion piece:

Editorial: California electric car sales are zooming. Too bad they're mostly Teslas
If you're looking for a sign that California's transition to zero-emission transportation is well underway, you'll be encouraged by the state's latest sales numbers for electric cars.

They show that 18.8% of new vehicle sales — nearly 1 in 5 — were zero-emission in 2022. That's a big jump from 12.4% the year before, and a more than a doubling of sales in just two years. Excluding plug-in hybrid vehicles, which run on a gas engine and a battery, about 16% of new sales in California are now fully electric, far exceeding the nationwide rate of 5.8%.
More...
https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2023-01-29/electric-vehicle-sales-tesla-equity