Tesla model 3's screen will be in center

Started by 2o6, March 28, 2017, 05:59:25 PM

Soup DeVille

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

veeman

So what?  The Prius doesn't have a speedometer in front of the steering wheel and neither does the Mini Cooper.  The center stack is probably configurable so you can just have the speedometer and nav showing if you want.

2o6

Quote from: veeman on March 28, 2017, 08:08:44 PM
So what?  The Prius doesn't have a speedometer in front of the steering wheel and neither does the Mini Cooper.  The center stack is probably configurable so you can just have the speedometer and nav showing if you want.

The Prius et al have center speedos mounted high, in your range of vision.

This has the whole screen mounted low. SO every control, HVAC, Radio, etc are controlled by a screen that is far too low. It's dangerous.

Laconian

It's pretty obvious where the speedometer is...

/s
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

93JC

Quote from: veeman on March 28, 2017, 08:08:44 PM
So what?  The Prius doesn't have a speedometer in front of the steering wheel and neither does the Mini Cooper.

Uh, yeah, and those cars' interiors were shitshows. The Mini's speedo has since been relocated to in front of the driver as BMW came to realize sacrificing the practicality of doing so for the sake of "retro street cred", or whatever the fuck led the morons who put the speedo in the centre in the first place to do so, was moronic and drove customers away.

Rich

First of all, they put it in the center, not the centre. Second of all it fucking rocked.
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

2o6

Quote from: 93JC on March 29, 2017, 01:27:06 PM
Uh, yeah, and those cars' interiors were shitshows. The Mini's speedo has since been relocated to in front of the driver as BMW came to realize sacrificing the practicality of doing so for the sake of "retro street cred", or whatever the fuck led the morons who put the speedo in the centre in the first place to do so, was moronic and drove customers away.

I liked the Yaris's center mount speedo, but it's mounted high, in your line of sight. This Tesla screen is far too low and close to you. It's like glancing down at the shifter to check your speed. It doesn't fuckin work.

Soup DeVille

Guys, get over it.

If Tesla survives, they'll be the first in the industry to eliminate windshields you can see through.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

r0tor

While not my cup of tea, an electric car itself eliminates most gauges as you no longer have a tach or temperatures and autonomy wipes out the need for a speedo... So meh
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

93JC

Quote from: Rich on March 29, 2017, 01:58:07 PM
First of all, they put it in the center, not the centre.

It's a British car. :evildude:

93JC

Quote from: Soup DeVille on March 29, 2017, 04:32:16 PM
Guys, get over it.

If Tesla survives, they'll be the first in the industry to eliminate windshields you can see through.

One day we'll all be driven by Johnny Cabs...