Lease rates?

Started by veeman, May 07, 2017, 10:34:21 AM

CJ

Just get a 2.5i Premium. Ask for tax credits.

CJ

In our zone, the apremium has $1850 of lease cash and tax credits. They're leasing stupid good.

veeman

Quote from: 68_427 on May 11, 2017, 06:17:09 PM
Where the fuck do you live that your "alloys" are being stolen?

Hasn't basically every member on this board with nice aftermarket alloys have had them stolen.  Particularly on Honda Civics. 

I'm mostly not being serious though.

veeman

Quote from: CJ on May 11, 2017, 08:27:03 PM
In our zone, the apremium has $1850 of lease cash and tax credits. They're leasing stupid good.

I don't think they're offering stuff like that in the Northeast, where in general Subies are flying out the door.  I want to keep the lease as cheap as possible and basically the Camry is a slightly better deal than the Legacy out here.  And keeping all things equal, I prefer a Camry SE slightly more to a base Legacy because the Camry SE has alloys.  It's really a toss up between the two so whatever. 

giant_mtb

A FWD car with snows is basically as good as an AWD car with all-seasons in all but the more critical of situations, so you're good. 

68_427

Quote from: giant_mtb on May 11, 2017, 09:14:18 PM
A FWD car with snows is basically as good as an AWD car with all-seasons in all but the more critical of situations, so you're good. 

It'll be better at everything with the possible exception of getting moving, but then again you could make the argument that an AWD car with snows is better at literally everything than a FWD car with snows :lol:
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

giant_mtb

Quote from: 68_427 on May 11, 2017, 09:51:13 PM
It'll be better at everything with the possible exception of getting moving, but then again you could make the argument that an AWD car with snows is better at literally everything than a FWD car with snows :lol:

Of course.  AWD with snows is way better than FWD with snows.  I mean, shit, I got through multiple winters in da U.P. with FWD on all-seasons.  If you can use a shovel and know how to rock a vehicle, you'll basically never be 100% stranded.

CaminoRacer

Quote from: 68_427 on May 11, 2017, 06:17:09 PM
Where the fuck do you live that your "alloys" are being stolen?

I laugh when I see 4 door family sedans or CUVs with wheel locks. Like anybody is gonna steal those
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

giant_mtb

Quote from: CaminoRacer on May 11, 2017, 09:59:25 PM
I laugh when I see 4 door family sedans or CUVs with wheel locks. Like anybody is gonna steal those

Same.  It's rare that I see wheel locks, but every once in a while a detailing customer has wheel locks on their wheels and I'm like...why?  Did you really spend $150 to get these cheesy lug nuts from the factory? 

You have to live in a sketchy-ass area to consider wheel theft as a serious potential issue.

68_427

They were probably put on by the dealership and then just added into the price of the car. 
'racecar is die'
no

veeman

The issue with the snow tires for me is that where I live it's fairly hilly and local roads aren't plowed well.  Also the car is mostly for nanny use and when it snows bad, I give her my car for her to drive back and forth to her home while she leaves her own car in my garage.  My wife sometimes needs to get into work by 7am and I generally work at nights so if nanny can't get to our house safely by 6:30 am, before the local roads have been plowed from night snowfall, then it's a problem.

Having driven my Sonata through several snowstorms now in the wee hours of the night, snow tires are awesome.  AWD doesn't help with braking so I prefer FWD with snow tires compared with AWD with all seasons.  Of course AWD with snow tires would be the best. 

68_427

I'm not harping on you specifically, but I've seen others make similar comments about FWD with snows vs AWD with all seasons... and it doesn't make sense to me since snow tires cost the same whether your car is FWD or AWD, but so many people are ok with the idea of paying for snow tires for a fwd car but not for an AWD car.
'racecar is die'
no

veeman

Quote from: 68_427 on May 11, 2017, 10:29:11 PM
I'm not harping on you specifically, but I've seen others make similar comments about FWD with snows vs AWD with all seasons... and it doesn't make sense to me since snow tires cost the same whether your car is FWD or AWD, but so many people are ok with the idea of paying for snow tires for a fwd car but not for an AWD car.

What you say is true.  I haven't put snow tires on my Infiniti SUV or prior to that Buick Enclave.  I didn't put them on my Crosstrek either this past winter. 

An annoying thing on my Sonata is the tire pressure monitor got all screwed up with the frequent wheel changes and doesn't work no more with the light always staying on. 

SJ_GTI

Quote from: giant_mtb on May 11, 2017, 10:01:23 PM
Same.  It's rare that I see wheel locks, but every once in a while a detailing customer has wheel locks on their wheels and I'm like...why?  Did you really spend $150 to get these cheesy lug nuts from the factory? 

You have to live in a sketchy-ass area to consider wheel theft as a serious potential issue.

My car came with the wheel locks, they are very annoying. I am going to replace them at some point but it always ends up very low on the priority list.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: CaminoRacer on May 11, 2017, 09:59:25 PM
You would be surprised cuz. That said I lol'd when I found out the Rabbit has wheel locks. G37 and Z don't.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

MrH

I've never seen a car on cinder blocks with the wheels stolen.  I've got wheel locks on the S2000 because it came with them.  Total pain in the ass.  When I get new wheels, going back to normal lugs.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

ifcar

Quote from: 68_427 on May 11, 2017, 10:14:55 PM
They were probably put on by the dealership and then just added into the price of the car. 

My parents were trying to change a tire on their Honda Fit and couldn't figure out why they couldn't get the wheel off. Sure enough, they had wheel locks that they'd never asked for that the dealer put on.

CaminoRacer

Quote from: MrH on May 12, 2017, 06:34:16 AM
I've never seen a car on cinder blocks with the wheels stolen.

Neither have I. They'd rather steal the whole car....

AutobahnSHO

I could possibly maybe be one of the biggest Subie fans around but I believe the Camry will be the more comfy ride. Congrats again!
Will

veeman

Thanks!

Picked it up today.  I'm a fan.  Interior is nice for a relatively base model (SE.  Not the very base model which is the LE).  I really dig the red stiching everywhere including leather steering wheel, dashboard, shifter, and seats. Very quiet.  4 cylinder doesn't feel slow.  I put an extra $750 down so that I can take it back in 3 years with up to $5000 damage (interior/exterior) and not have to pay anything out of pocket at that time for it so I don't have to worry about the kids trashing the inside (which they will) and dings and scratches on the outside of the car. 

While puttering around I was feeling that this is actually nicer than my Crosstrek to daily drive being much quieter and a better ride obviously, but I like rowing my own gears. 

veeman

Not a great shot of interior but you get the point regarding the stitching.  I know it's cheap thrills but I think it looks cool.

giant_mtb

Colored stitching for contrast is nice, IMO. 

CaminoRacer

Recent Camrys are very nice. My aunt has a hybrid and drove 8 hours from SC to OH on one tank of gas.

Xer0

As one of the members that found his car on milk crates, I'm getting some kind of wheel protection every time  :lol:

Congrats on the Camry!  I've had them as rentals plenty of times and they are very comfortable cars.