Jeep Cherokee Facelift

Started by 2o6, December 29, 2017, 08:20:46 AM

r0tor

Quote from: Lebowski on January 08, 2018, 04:39:47 PM

Oh wait, I'm not the one chestpounding over imagined feats of exploration in my grocery getter nor is my self esteem wrapped up in a faux "rugged" image.

No your just the average financial genious that blew $200k plus on completely unpractical for your needds vehicles and wants to give out buying advice and lectures about being practical and living within ones means.

:cheers:

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

r0tor

Quote from: Soup DeVille on January 08, 2018, 04:08:46 PM
"Sketchy"

Including the epic run to the mailbox during the blizzard of ought-six.

That would be epic!  Do you have a pic?!?!

The Leblowski recommend vehicle for that situation is a team of 12 sled dogs sporting custom horween leather collars and a CR-V to drive them around in.
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Soup DeVille

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Soup DeVille

Quote from: r0tor on January 08, 2018, 05:05:11 PM
That would be epic!  Do you have a pic?!?!

The Leblowski recommend vehicle for that situation is a team of 12 sled dogs sporting custom horween leather collars and a CR-V to drive them around in.

No, unfortunately it's never occurred to me to stop, walk out and take a picture of my vehicle at the end of my driveway because I felt it would be either "artsy" or prove I use my rugged vehicle in a manly way.

Any more than it's occurred to me to try and feel superior over anybody who doesn't.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Lebowski

Quote from: r0tor on January 08, 2018, 04:54:20 PM

Good news for Leblowski... He can sell the M3, 4Runner, and save money vs buying a CR-V and instead buy a nice used Corolla for his dog and groceries

They make great dog proof car seat covers!!!
Wooooooot!!!!!   :pullover: :pullover: :pullover:

Does the Corolla fit 2 large dogs, 4 people, a car seat, stroller, and luggage?

I understand your confusion given you bought the one SUV with less space than a small sedan, the rest of the SUVs on the mkt including small CRV sized CUVs have more space

Lebowski

Quote from: r0tor on January 08, 2018, 05:01:57 PM

No your just the average financial genious that blew $200k plus on completely unpractical for your needds vehicles and wants to give out buying advice and lectures about being practical and living within ones means.

:cheers:

Living below ones means isn't defined by absolutes like I spent $x on a car, it's defined by things like savings rates and growth of net worth.  That you tell yourself lies like "I finance cars so I can invest" and must consider things like gap insurance tells us you bought too much car (but deep down you know that hence all this rage at someone trading down their vehicle)

r0tor

Quote from: Lebowski on January 08, 2018, 05:16:36 PM

Does the Corolla fit 2 large dogs, 4 people, a car seat, stroller, and luggage?

I understand your confusion given you bought the one SUV with less space than a small sedan, the rest of the SUVs on the mkt including small CRV sized CUVs have more space

Oh fuck, let's see some pics of that!!!!

r0tor

Quote from: Lebowski on January 08, 2018, 05:19:28 PM

Living below ones means isn't defined by absolutes like I spent $x on a car, it's defined by things like savings rates and growth of net worth.  That you tell yourself lies like "I finance cars so I can invest" and must consider things like gap insurance tells us you bought too much car (but deep down you know that hence all this rage at someone trading down their vehicle)

So what does it feel like anyway when you think your going  to be all cool and blow $80k on an M3... and then read in every review it's the worst M3 of all time and all the cool people laugh at you for buying a turd?  I can only imagine...

Thank God you paid cash for it though and didn't make like 40% over the last 3 years on that money in something like a lame ass index fund.  Lock in those losses baby!

r0tor

Oh and can Leblowski please explain the virtues of buying a car with a strong resale value again.. I'm not sure how it works when a JGC has terrible resale but lost lesd money in 7 years then his 3 year old car he no longer wants.

How does that work again?  Or is that just another tired case of Leblowski not practicing what he preaches while talking down to everyone who isn't a millionaire

12,000 RPM

Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

giant_mtb

r0tor

https://youtu.be/IKqVCu1Mn-I

So is a tow strap hooked to an old 4Runner a factory or dealer installed option?

r0tor

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on January 08, 2018, 06:00:51 PM
Broken link, good job

That's ashame.. it was a really sweet looking poodle in an awesome Corolla

r0tor

https://youtu.be/YXhEea4KfQs

Hmm... I think the tow strap option hooked to an ancient 4Runner is slightly more attractive then the tow strap option that gets attached to a work van.

All future CRV buyers take note  :hmm:

r0tor

I'm starting to think there might be a strong market for designer tow straps for CR-Vs

Lebowski

Quote from: r0tor on January 08, 2018, 05:41:55 PM

So what does it feel like anyway when you think your going  to be all cool and blow $80k on an M3... and then read in every review it's the worst M3 of all time and all the cool people laugh at you for buying a turd?  I can only imagine...

Thank God you paid cash for it though and didn't make like 40% over the last 3 years on that money in something like a lame ass index fund.  Lock in those losses baby!

Well first off as a 37 y/o man I havent thought or worried about being cool in about 2 decades.  If you're over the age of about 20 and think you're cool, you're probably a loser, and one w/ some self image issues to boot.

M3 isn't a bad car or a turd, I lost interest and my needs changed (that tends to happen when people go from single guy to family of four).

That's wonderful - as already covered I don't buy equities with borrowed money, and if having that extra mkt exposure was that important to me I'd have simply bought a cheaper car.

Lebowski

Quote from: r0tor on January 08, 2018, 05:57:11 PM

Oh and can Leblowski please explain the virtues of buying a car with a strong resale value again.. I'm not sure how it works when a JGC has terrible resale but lost lesd money in 7 years then his 3 year old car he no longer wants.

How does that work again?  Or is that just another tired case of Leblowski not practicing what he preaches while talking down to everyone who isn't a millionaire

Meh, if kbb is right retaining >70% of value over three years isn't too bad ... the real factor is keeping a car for only 3 years but as covered that wasn't the intention nor is that the norm for me.

That said ... yeah, I don't think I'll be buying another new high end car anytime soon. Having two comfortable, practical, reliable vehicles that meet all our needs and the value of each representing <1% of our net worth is a nice feeling, I don't see any reason to change that ratio. 

r0tor

Quote from: Lebowski on January 08, 2018, 06:24:15 PM

Well first off as a 37 y/o man I havent thought or worried about being cool in about 2 decades.  If you're over the age of about 20 and think you're cool, you're probably a loser, and one w/ some self image issues to boot.

Yea... A Vette and an M3 for a self proclaimed "non-enthusiast" screams this
:wtf:

r0tor

Quote from: Lebowski on January 08, 2018, 06:24:15 PM

M3 isn't a bad car or a turd, I lost interest and my needs changed (that tends to happen when people go from single guy to family of four).

Stop the presses, a 4 door mid sized sedan is not capable of handling a family of 4

Another chapter in the Leblowski Car advice guide

Let's see some pics of an overcrowded 3er!!!!

r0tor

Quote from: Lebowski on January 08, 2018, 06:29:05 PM
Meh, if kbb is right retaining >70% of value over three years isn't too bad ... the real factor is keeping a car for only 3 years but as covered that wasn't the intention nor is that the norm for me.

That said ... yeah, I don't think I'll be buying another new high end car anytime soon. Having two comfortable, practical, reliable vehicles that meet all our needs and the value of each representing <1% of our net worth is a nice feeling, I don't see any reason to change that ratio. 

Your right, losing the  same amount of money in depreciation in 3 years as the car you want to replace it with screams pure "WINN!!!!"

I hope to never win that much.

Soup DeVille

Hey, I'm 43. Are you telling me I can't be cool anymore?

Fack.

Lebowski

Quote from: r0tor on January 08, 2018, 06:53:01 PM

I hope to never win that much.

I don't think you have anything to worry about.

MrH

I like for every single response from Lebowski, we get a rapid fire, half page of responses from r0tor :lol:
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

r0tor

Quote from: Lebowski on January 08, 2018, 06:58:20 PM

I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Your right, I have waayy to much common sense to be that stupid

FoMoJo

Quote from: Soup DeVille on January 08, 2018, 06:53:26 PM

Fack.
At that age it's referred to as eccentric.

At my age it's early onset dementia.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

r0tor

Quote from: Soup DeVille on January 08, 2018, 06:53:26 PM

Fack.

Your of parenting age... You need to teach your children how to waste as much money as possible to look boring

Set an example damn it  :shakesfist:

Lebowski

Quote from: MrH on January 08, 2018, 07:02:55 PM

I like for every single response from Lebowski, we get a rapid fire, half page of responses from r0tor :lol:

At this point he has put about 5x as much thought into my car purchases as I have.  He past the point of "obsession" a long time ago.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: r0tor on January 08, 2018, 07:05:55 PM
Your of parenting age... You need to teach your children how to waste as much money as possible to look boring

Set an example damn it  :shakesfist:

Oh don't worry. I waste plenty of money on my children.

Lebowski

Quote from: r0tor on January 08, 2018, 07:03:18 PM

Your right, I have waayy to much common sense to be that stupid

Absolutely correct. You're very stable and very smart ... a very stable genius.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: FoMoJo on January 08, 2018, 07:05:54 PM
At that age it's referred to as eccentric.

At my age it's early onset dementia.

I can be happy with eccentric. Thought that was my dad though.