Jeep Cherokee Facelift

Started by 2o6, December 29, 2017, 08:20:46 AM

12,000 RPM

But you drive a rotary car....
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

r0tor

For entertainment value, this is one of the beaches my JGC goes... Although I prefer the beaches at "Carova" since there are less idiots

https://youtu.be/nkcymsicOA8
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

r0tor

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on January 07, 2018, 06:16:11 PM
But you drive a rotary car....

...Which doesn't have a history of never being beaten (on most trips)...

Where in the world are you trying to go with this?
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Lebowski

Quote from: r0tor on January 07, 2018, 06:17:50 PM
For entertainment value, this is one of the beaches my JGC goes... Although I prefer the beaches at "Carova" since there are less idiots

https://youtu.be/nkcymsicOA8

Jesus, if driving on a beach once a year is all it takes to be RuggedSpin, you should have said so sooner. I could have been randomly and out of context proclaiming my and the 4runners masculinity all along.

Lebowski

Quote from: r0tor on January 07, 2018, 06:19:49 PM

...Which doesn't have a history of never being beaten (on most trips)...

Where in the world are you trying to go with this?

How many trackdays has the RX-8 seen?

Also still waiting for details on all the heavy loads you tow w/ the JGC, aside from a bicycle.

r0tor

Quote from: Lebowski on January 07, 2018, 06:29:21 PM

Jesus, if driving on a beach once a year is all it takes to be RuggedSpin, you should have said so sooner. I could have been randomly and out of context proclaiming my and the 4runners masculinity all along.

A)  Who said it was once per year?
B). No shit it's not daily, I live a few hundred miles from sand...  I guess equally shitty amounts of snow/mud where I live doesn't count though
C).  I'd pay to watch you take a beloved CRV there... But won't pay for the multiple $100 tows

Lebowski

Quote from: r0tor on January 07, 2018, 06:40:27 PM
A)  Who said it was once per year?
B). No shit it's not daily, I live a few hundred miles from sand...  I guess equally shitty amounts of snow/mud where I live doesn't count though
C).  I'd pay to watch you take a beloved CRV there... But won't pay for the multiple $100 tows

A then how often is it?
B if you're in so much snow and mud why make such a big deal of the beach?  And how come so many people who live in snowy areas drive ordinary passenger cars?
C why would I take a CRV there?  I don't even own a CRV and I have a 4runner for the rare instances (~once a year or so) I'm in something like that.

MrH

:confused:  Look at 2:15 in that video you posted.  There's a CR-V that clearly made it through and is parked
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Lebowski

Quote from: MrH on January 07, 2018, 06:44:33 PM
:confused:  Look at 2:15 in that video you posted.  There's a CR-V that clearly made it through and is parked

Sshhhhhhh ... That's my broke ass wife.

MrH

Quote from: Lebowski on January 07, 2018, 06:45:31 PM

Sshhhhhhh ... That's my broke ass wife.

It is?!  You mean to tell me r0tor's been vacationing with poor people this whole time?  What will his son think?
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Lebowski

Quote from: MrH on January 07, 2018, 06:46:31 PM
It is?!  You mean to tell me r0tor's been vacationing with poor people this whole time?  What will his son think?

They don't call it the redneck riviera for nothing.

r0tor

Quote from: MrH on January 07, 2018, 06:44:33 PM

That video was taken like 100ft from the onramp.  You don't see many or any CRVs several miles down the beach

Lebowski

Quote from: r0tor on January 07, 2018, 06:49:32 PM

That video was taken like 100ft from the onramp.  You don't see many or any CRVs several miles down the beach

You chose and posted the video to show how rugged you are bra.

r0tor

Quote from: Lebowski on January 07, 2018, 06:44:30 PM
A then how often is it?
B if you're in so much snow and mud why make such a big deal of the beach?  And how come so many people who live in snowy areas drive ordinary passenger cars?
C why would I take a CRV there?  I don't even own a CRV and I have a 4runner for the rare instances (~once a year or so) I'm in something like that.

A). Depends how many times we go down and if we stay at a house that's in "4WD Only" areas (aka access involves driving up the beach a few miles).  Sorry, I don't keep a log.
B). I did put for "entertainment value".  I don't think random  YT videos exist for my normal commute in the snow.
C). You claim I have never taken my Jeep a Cute Ute can't go... So try it?

r0tor

Quote from: Lebowski on January 07, 2018, 06:50:14 PM

You chose and posted the video to show how rugged you are bra.

I thought it was funny ?

r0tor

Quote from: Lebowski on January 07, 2018, 06:31:38 PM

How many trackdays has the RX-8 seen?

Also still waiting for details on all the heavy loads you tow w/ the JGC, aside from a bicycle.

RX8 a couple?  It's not like I need a race track to exploit the potential of 240hp... Don't recall the RX8 being a track focused special edition car?

WTF is my Jeep suppose to be - a towing service?  It tows lumber, landscaping shit, 4 wheelers, ect.  It's not like I bought a V8 Hemi or turbo diesel...

...The desperation is incredible...

Lebowski

Quote from: r0tor on January 07, 2018, 06:57:30 PM

I thought it was funny ?

Oh, this thread, and watching you squirm to justify your purchases while accusing others of buying boring CUVs "for image!" is fucking hilarious.

2o6

A CR-V (that RT4WD car in the video) gets like 20% of the power when on the throttle. IDK that sounds like enough to get it thru ok.

r0tor

Quote from: 2o6 on January 07, 2018, 07:08:00 PM
A CR-V (that RT4WD car in the video) gets like 20% of the power when on the throttle. IDK that sounds like enough to get it thru ok.

Shhh... It's more fun watching Lebowski dig himself a hole... Like a CRV on the beach

Lebowski

Quote from: r0tor on January 07, 2018, 07:02:14 PM

RX8 a couple?  It's not like I need a race track to exploit the potential of 240hp... Don't recall the RX8 being a track focused special edition car?

WTF is my Jeep suppose to be - a towing service?  It tows lumber, landscaping shit, 4 wheelers, ect.  It's not like I bought a V8 Hemi or turbo diesel...

...The desperation is incredible...

So, two track days?

You brought up towing capacity. What do you regularly tow that a 4runner or even a CRV can't?

r0tor

Quote from: Lebowski on January 07, 2018, 07:03:46 PM

Oh, this thread, and watching you squirm to justify your purchases while accusing others of buying boring CUVs "for image!" is fucking hilarious.

I'm only squirming at your desperation to try and enact some sort of revenge after exposing you as a complete poser how many months ago? 

Let it go dude and get some butt cream.

r0tor

Quote from: Lebowski on January 07, 2018, 07:13:27 PM
So, two track days?

You brought up towing capacity. What do you regularly tow that a 4runner or even a CRV can't?

Huh?

I bought a JGC based off of it's combination of ride, handling, capacity, off-road and foul weather capability, and yes towing capability for what I could afford.

If I wanted a hardcore tow rig I probably wouldn't have bought a V6 or even an SUV.   :facepalm:

2o6

Quote from: r0tor on January 07, 2018, 07:13:22 PM
Shhh... It's more fun watching Lebowski dig himself a hole... Like a CRV on the beach

But I said it was enough to get it thru the beach, though.

Lebowski

Quote from: r0tor on January 07, 2018, 07:21:47 PM

Huh?

I bought a JGC based off of it's combination of ride, handling, capacity, off-road and foul weather capability, and yes towing capability for what I could afford.

If I wanted a hardcore tow rig I probably wouldn't have bought a V6 or even an SUV.   :facepalm:

You brought up towing capacity as a differentiator :huh:

Based on your comments ITT, seems to me 99% of your needs would have been better met by a minivan, or equally met by used Kia Sportage or Subaru Outback at signficiantly lower cost and w/ better build quality, reliability, and resale.

r0tor

r0tor

Come on, I really want more car buying advice from someone that bought a 4Runner to get groceries and an //M car to drive 2 miles to work and are trying to dump

Lebowski

"I needed this JGC to haul my bicycle and go to the beach"

"My RX-8 has seen a track day once every ~6 years ... I'm an enthusiast!"

Both financed so I can invest harder!  So rugged.

12,000 RPM

My wife and I used to ride my motorcycle to the beaches in NY. Maybe Im weird but I thought people went to the beach to go in the water :huh:

Lebowski

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on January 08, 2018, 06:05:06 AM

My wife and I used to ride my motorcycle to the beaches in NY. Maybe Im weird but I thought people went to the beach to go in the water :huh:

You mean to tell me you and Mrs Sporty don't even go to beaches you can drive on bra?  You're missing out on ... nothing.

Only time we drive on the beach is if we're at a surf competition or something ... I never even realized taking my grocery getter there got me instant machoman cred. Generally speaking though, beaches that people drive on are lame and trashy, which ties in perfectly with what we know of Rotor. 

12,000 RPM

We also drove Accord #3 to a cabin in the Poconos. And I've seen bike racks on the back of all kinds of things. Maybe thats just me though.

Not sure why r0tor is evaluating a CUV as an SUV either big again hopefully he can provide clarity.