Can you have too many cars?

Started by Onslaught, February 12, 2018, 04:59:23 PM

12,000 RPM

Are they available in stickshift????
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Onslaught

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on April 26, 2018, 07:48:05 AM
Are they available in stickshift????

No. And probably because none would buy one.
bah weep granah weep nini bon

HurricaneSteve

Quote from: Onslaught on April 24, 2018, 03:28:35 AM
The guys on facebook know this but I sold the RX-8 yesterday. And I got a Mazda6 signature turbo in soul red crystal. It wasn't an easy thing to do to let the 8 go but I have no logical need or room right at the moment for 4 cars. And I'd rather have an FD RX-7 then an RX-8 so that will be my focus for my future "toy" car.

Congrats! How do you like the 6 Turbo? Surprisingly I haven't seen any magazine reviews for it yet, only YouTube test drives. And to answer the original question, no you can't have too many cars. I'm good with three at the moment and if space allowed for it I would go for more.

Onslaught

I'm surprised I like it as much as I do. I'm positive it's faster the the RX-8 in a drag race. And for what it is the thing handles really well and isn't soft as a marshmallow like a Camry. I was afraid it have torque steer out the ass with 250 hp and 310 Ft-lb of torque but it's actually not noticeable. I got the Signature so it's got every bell and whistle I could want with leather all over the place. It's also really quit, I was going 100 the other day and didn't know it because I couldn't hear any wind or tire noise.

Now it's not a sports car but my old back and knees enjoy and the heated and A/C seats. And I've already gone over 300 miles on one tank with more to go. That's was impossible in the RX-8. Honestly I loved my RX-8 with a passion but I don't regret replacing it at all.

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

12,000 RPM

Do you feel like you've betrayed the enthusiast community by getting an auto sedan???
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

68_427

The signature is probably the nicest overall car under $40k
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Laconian

Quote from: 68_427 on April 26, 2018, 02:33:26 PM
The signature is probably the nicest overall car under $40k

Can't be better than a CLA. That's a Mercedes.

Lebowski

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on April 26, 2018, 02:21:15 PM

Do you feel like you've betrayed the enthusiast community by getting an auto sedan???

That's up to Rotor to decide.

Onslaught

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on April 26, 2018, 02:21:15 PM
It's my first auto. And it is strange. I still have an MX-5 however. I've done my part for the enthusiast community over the years. I had strange things like a 1.8 V6, a 1.3 rotary with suicide rear doors and drove a NA Miata for over 20 years as my only car even if I'm 6'4". If it's time to retire then so be it.

Onslaught

Quote from: Laconian on April 26, 2018, 02:37:15 PM
Can't be better than a CLA. That's a Mercedes.
My car won't live in the shop.

Laconian

AutobahnSHO

Will

HurricaneSteve

With 300+ lbs/ft of torque that's not surprising at all. I think the standard 2.5L does 0-60 in about 7 seconds and the turbo with nearly double the power should shave at least a second off of that, if not more. It always had the looks and handling but now it has power and luxury. If I didn't have parking concerns it would be on my shopping list for sure.

Quote from: Onslaught on April 26, 2018, 01:57:59 PM
I'm surprised I like it as much as I do. I'm positive it's faster the the RX-8 in a drag race. And for what it is the thing handles really well and isn't soft as a marshmallow like a Camry. I was afraid it have torque steer out the ass with 250 hp and 310 Ft-lb of torque but it's actually not noticeable. I got the Signature so it's got every bell and whistle I could want with leather all over the place. It's also really quit, I was going 100 the other day and didn't know it because I couldn't hear any wind or tire noise.

Now it's not a sports car but my old back and knees enjoy and the heated and A/C seats. And I've already gone over 300 miles on one tank with more to go. That's was impossible in the RX-8. Honestly I loved my RX-8 with a passion but I don't regret replacing it at all.

Laconian

A modern Mazda that makes no apologies. Yay

MexicoCityM3

Quote from: Onslaught on April 24, 2018, 03:28:35 AM
The guys on facebook know this but I sold the RX-8 yesterday. And I got a Mazda6 signature turbo in soul red crystal. It wasn't an easy thing to do to let the 8 go but I have no logical need or room right at the moment for 4 cars. And I'd rather have an FD RX-7 then an RX-8 so that will be my focus for my future "toy" car.

Good move. Congrats.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

Onslaught

Quote from: HurricaneSteve on April 26, 2018, 12:36:31 PM
Congrats! How do you like the 6 Turbo? Surprisingly I haven't seen any magazine reviews for it yet, only YouTube test drives. And to answer the original question, no you can't have too many cars. I'm good with three at the moment and if space allowed for it I would go for more.
http://www.motortrend.com/cars/mazda/mazda6/2018/2018-mazda6-signature-25t-first-drive-review/

Looks like one of them finally did one. And I agree with everything they say. The back up camera is a joke but everything else is good.

AutobahnSHO

The new neighbors have a blue Mazda6. Wife asked what it was, because she likes it. Very handsome indeed.
Will