Undisguised spy shot: 3-Series coupe

Started by ifcar, January 13, 2006, 02:52:03 PM

ifcar

giant_mtb

I don't like the stretched/elongated/droopy rear end/overhang.

Raza

Doesn't look very good.  The sedan is better.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TBR

Horrible. The rear overhang looks to be a foot too long.  

giant_mtb

Looks like they got their rear-styling ideas from the Monte Carlo.  :banghead:

Fire It Up

Rear overhang is huge! If you look at it in comparison to the front, the wheels look tiny. And those headlights are far too small and thin.

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

giant_mtb

QuoteRear overhang is huge! If you look at it in comparison to the front, the wheels look tiny. And those headlights are far too small and thin.
Boy, oh boy, does disproportion SUCK.  :banghead:  

Colonel Cadillac

thewizard16

Hmm. I think it would be fine if they'd reshape the rear some.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Tom

Looks better.  It looks more American with less of the German bubbly styling.

Catman

The roof looks the same to me and it's exaggerated by the low belt line in the area of the a pillar.  The mirrors are atrocious. :blink:  

Atomic

gee! i love it! looks like an affordable bmw 6-series to me. i actually cannot wait for the ragtop version! you guys will be eating crow  :lol: ! trust me!

TBR

Quotegee! i love it! looks like an affordable bmw 6-series to me. i actually cannot wait for the ragtop version! you guys will be eating crow  :lol: ! trust me!
I don't see it happening. Better pictures can only do so much, and BMW set the bar quite high with the last gen coupe:

Colonel Cadillac

Colonel Cadillac

It just looks so big and un-3-series like.  

850CSi

That doesn't look real for some reason... Something's wrong with that pic.

If it is the real thing, then I'm a proud sedan owner because my E90 looks a million times nicer than that thing.

Atomic

the rear end looks pretty awesome! i saw it in Car magazine. i cannot find this article on the web, but i welcome all of you geeks (lol!) to try! i saw the magazine in a local book store  :lol: !!!

cozmik

QuoteThat doesn't look real for some reason... Something's wrong with that pic.

If it is the real thing, then I'm a proud sedan owner because my E90 looks a million times nicer than that thing.
I agree, it looks off somehow, but, if that is real, then just wow. And I don't mean wow in a good way, either.

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

so cal cookie

I'm going to say chop based off a spy pic.
Look at the bottom of the door.  It looks as though there's a lot of dirt on there, yet the shine on there seems like the car is clean.  
And the headlights look fake, the wheels don't seems to line up, and the turn signal repeater is obviously fake.

I wish they'd show the pics that they chop off of so we can see what they started with.

ifcar

I don't really see what you're talking about.

To the clean/unclean, I suppose Southern California doesn't use much road salt. It will spray up mostly behind the wheels on the otherwise-clean car.
I'd say the headlights look more ugly than fake. The wheels line up fine, and I don't know what you mean by "turn signal repeater."

CWW

JYODER240

QuoteIt's just another photoshop.
I agree, its not anything I can put my finger one but it just doent look right.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

IrishGuy

It's photoshop...

The passenger side mirror is obviously chopped into the pic since you can clearly see a white outline around it.

The little crevice by the driver side headlights (near the grill) doesn't seem to show up on the passenger side one.

(I zoomed in using photoshop)
2022 Toyota 4Runner Limited

Atomic

sorry guys! the pix may or may not be "perfect", but they cannot disguise what many must hope will disappear -- the shape of the all new bmw m3  :rolleyes: !

CaseyNPham

I had a feeling those weird lines on the side panels seemed fake. The grille on the left side isn't accurate either because the chrome lining isn't really a lining so much as a blob.
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little