Wimmer's upcoming new ride...

Started by cawimmer430, July 21, 2018, 12:41:43 PM

Morris Minor

Just get some 18" black steel snow wheels. They'll look badass, and you're not going to be stressing about them getting dinged.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

giant_mtb

Quote from: Morris Minor on July 31, 2018, 02:34:49 PM
Just get some 18" black steel snow wheels. They'll look badass, and you're not going to be stressing about them getting dinged.

That's what I was gettin' at.  I like the look of steelies (clearly :lol:), but Wimmer is...classy as frig, a no holds barred kinda guy.

cawimmer430

Believe it or not the summer wheels on the BMW 118i, an 11-year-old car, are in PERFECT condition. Not once did I hit a curb or sidewalk and cause damage to them. I am proud of that.  :praise:

I'm not worried about damaging the wheels on my new car when it arrives. But I do want it to look good in the winter, so it needs AMG-style wheels. Rial is the perfect company for that. Good-looking wheels for relatively little money!  :mrcool:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

2o6

Are the 118i and the A250 the same bolt pattern?

Galaxy

Quote from: 2o6 on July 31, 2018, 05:10:45 PM

The bolt pattern should be the same. The diameter and the width will be the showstopper.

cawimmer430

Quote from: 2o6 on July 31, 2018, 05:10:45 PM

The 118i has a 5-bolt pattern, I am pretty sure the new W177 A-Class has the same pattern. Are you hinting at something? :lol:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

2o6

Quote from: cawimmer430 on August 01, 2018, 02:48:48 AM
The 118i has a 5-bolt pattern, I am pretty sure the new W177 A-Class has the same pattern. Are you hinting at something? :lol:

Yeah, just share winter wheels and tires

Xer0

Congrats!

I'm glad you didn't settle on the "adequate" A200 and decided to live a little.  Totally the right choice.

cawimmer430

Quote from: 2o6 on August 01, 2018, 11:54:52 AM

Yeah, just share winter wheels and tires

16" winter wheels on the A250 are gonna look terrible. :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: Xer0 on August 01, 2018, 01:11:48 PM
Congrats!

I'm glad you didn't settle on the "adequate" A200 and decided to live a little.  Totally the right choice.

Thanks!

I wouldn't have minded the A200 because it's not slow, but I was just worried that a 1.33-l engine is gonna be more stressed than a 2.0 engine, especially with my speedy driving style.

MBUX works great! Took this video today!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdTutp64720

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Was at the dealer again today because I just wanna hang out with the new A-Class...

The matte gray A250 AMG Line on the left has my 19" AMG wheels, the white A200 AMG Line to its right has my color, the Night Package (dark mirrors, darker headlights) and my upcoming identical-looking RIAL M10 winter wheels!  :wub:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

SJ_GTI

I dig that matte gray color. You should change your order and get that one.  :lol:

cawimmer430

Quote from: SJ_GTI on August 02, 2018, 10:52:34 AM
I dig that matte gray color. You should change your order and get that one.  :lol:

It does look nice. But for me Polar White is the way to go.  :wub:

But here, eat your heart out!  :praise:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Morris Minor

Quote from: SJ_GTI on August 02, 2018, 10:52:34 AM
Hmm, yes. that is very tasty. :wub:
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

MBUX (Offline) is awesome, especially the onboard instruction manual with videos and voiceover!  :mrcool:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ccat4RyOnOU

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Laconian

Hm, that's probably the smoothest MMI I've seen.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

cawimmer430

Quote from: Laconian on August 13, 2018, 08:25:56 PM
Hm, that's probably the smoothest MMI I've seen.

When the car arrives I will do a detailed walkaround video and show the MBUX system in action. Man, November/December can't come fast enough!

The only thing that irritates me is that the car will come from the factory with those lovely 19" Multispoke LMR AMG wheels, which will then have to be exchanged for the 18" Rial M10 (AMG-lookalike) wheels with winter tires...

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on August 17, 2018, 06:12:35 PM
Those rims are hot.

Agreed. Those are my wheels in 19" format and in silver.

Australian review of the A200 AMG Line. Red is a bit too aggressive and LOOK AT ME for my tastes.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXrSDx5_gcg

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

Red is not the colour for it.  Makes it look a bit cheap.  Definitely white, but the black is stunning.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

cawimmer430

Someone Photoshopped a Maybach A-Class:lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Article about the new W177 A-Class in the 2018 issue of Mercedes Munich Magazine. This car is so awesome!  :rockon:

The technology in here is gonna trickle over to the next-generation C-Class, CLA-Class, B-Class etc. Good times ahead!

www.wimmerfotografie.de

SJ_GTI

Man, I really dig that gray color. Are you sure you don't want to change your mind...?

cawimmer430

Quote from: SJ_GTI on August 23, 2018, 11:17:49 AM
Man, I really dig that gray color. Are you sure you don't want to change your mind...?

:lol:

Nah, I want my A250 in Polar White. :praise:

Received an email from Mercedes-Benz today; my car will be ready in the 1st or 2nd week of November. That was the first contact regarding the car's delivery. They will contact me against for a more precise date.

Next week I am going to order the Rial M10 "AMG lookalike" winter wheels and tires.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

A-Class article in the Mercedes Me magazine.  :wub:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

A handful of people who worked on and helped develop the new A-Class. Also from Mercedes Me magazine.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

An Iridium Silver A250 AMG Line with my 19" AMG wheels. This car just lacks the Night Package (darker mirrors, toned windows).  :wub:

www.wimmerfotografie.de