Sergio Marchionne dies

Started by Morris Minor, July 26, 2018, 07:28:34 AM

Soup DeVille

Quote from: r0tor on August 03, 2018, 09:42:32 AM
Wranglers are great if you don't mind terrible steering, ride, noise, brakes, acceleration, build quality, and cargo space

The steering, brakes and acceleration on my recent loaner were completely acceptable compared to other BOF SUVs. I did not notice any real build quality issues, but really didn't have it long enough to be fair about that. The interior was on the cheap side, but it was a base model.

The noise and ride were decently improved from the TJ (most recent Wrangler I've spent enough time in to have an opinion of).
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

giant_mtb

Wranglers are great if you don't mind terrible steering, ride, noise, brakes, acceleration, build quality, and cargo space

Y'all are a bunch of babies. :nutty:

CaminoRacer

Quote from: giant_mtb on August 06, 2018, 08:54:44 AM
Y'all are a bunch of babies. :nutty:

Yeah. At least it doesn't have to charge for 3 hours after driving down the block.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Xer0

Quote from: CaminoRacer on August 06, 2018, 09:36:32 AM
Yeah. At least it doesn't have to charge for 3 hours after driving down the block.

It might have to make 3 stops at the gas station though  :devil:

giant_mtb

Quote from: CaminoRacer on August 06, 2018, 09:36:32 AM

This solid axled off road machine doesn't drive like an RX-8, what the FUCK.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: giant_mtb on August 06, 2018, 10:07:42 AM
This solid axled off road machine doesn't drive like an RX-8, what the FUCK.
It's a pretty bad choice for a primarily on-road vehicle; can we at least agree on that?

There are several Wranglers' in my job's parking lot.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

giant_mtb

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on August 06, 2018, 10:41:44 AM
It's a pretty bad choice for a primarily on-road vehicle; can we at least agree on that?

Sort of.  "Bad" is relative.  People drive what they wanna drive.  I drive off road constantly, but it still only accounts for like 15% of my mileage...does that mean a Wrangler is a "bad" choice?  No, not to me. :huh:

Soup DeVille

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on August 06, 2018, 10:41:44 AM

There is no logical argument for driving anything more than a base Camry for 90% of people.

Just because you see a Wrangler in the parking lot, that doesn't mean that's all it ever does, and it certainly doesn't mean its what the owner bought it for.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

WookieOnRitalin

Quote from: 93JC on July 31, 2018, 06:30:12 PM

Jeep's making money hand over fist but still has a disjointed lineup; what's the difference between a Cherokee and a Compass? Why is there a new Compass at all? The old one sucked, no one was clamouring for a new one.

Well, the Compass sold 12,000 units last month which is a 63% increase over last year for the month and 200% over last year for the year in total thus far. In fact, all the sales gains this year for Jeep are specifically due to the Compass and Cherokee sales. So I guess people want them both at this point?

To be honest, my general impression mimics yours as I try to figure out what the difference between each vehicle is at the moment.

What's weird is the Compass exceeds the Cherokee in cargo volume despite the Cherokee's longer and taller frame and barely has more passenger volume (99.6 vs 103.4) that is mostly seen in the rear leg room. What's weird is that despite the Cherokee's advantages in physical size, it's about the same on the inside of a Compass.

Maybe the market value is that the Compass has a sportier look to the Cute-Uteness of the Cherokee (though I do not know how many people here actually think the Cherokee is cute).

I do know for a fact that I love the look of the Renegade, but will never own such a death trap. The visibility in that thing has got to be one of the worst things I have ever seen.
1989 Mazda 929
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2010 Saab 9-3
2012 Suzuki Kizashi
2015 Mazda3

1987 Nissan Maxima GXE
2006 Subaru Baja Turbo

giant_mtb

Renegade would be a sweet little rig. It's kinda like a new version of a Tracker.  Little lift kit, bigger tires, yeeeee.

93JC

I like the idea of the Renegade. The problem is the execution.

93JC

Quote from: WookieOnRitalin on August 06, 2018, 06:29:40 PM
Maybe the market value is that the Compass has a sportier look to the Cute-Uteness of the Cherokee (though I do not know how many people here actually think the Cherokee is cute).

:huh:

Maybe, I don't know. After the Cherokee's refresh they look pretty similar:

giant_mtb

Compass looks more like a mini GC (IMO) than it does a Cherokee, but still...they do indeed look similar.

2o6

The Compass was meant for markets where the Cherokee is too "big"

The USA can't get enough of cars this shape, so selling this car really doesn't hurt anything even if it's basically he same size as the Renegade and Cherokee.

AutobahnSHO

+1
Will