Tuner shop gets caught trying to scam dealership

Started by Payman, August 10, 2018, 09:18:22 AM

shp4man

The car biz is full of scam artists. It's also full of know nothing parts changers that apparently weren't born with any kind of a conscience.

cawimmer430

"It was a joke..."

:facepalm:  :rage:

The nerve of some people.

Yeah, cut the brake lines of a car and then claim "it's a joke..."... Don't lock these people up - execute them. :lockedup:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Payman

Since my brother was scammed by a shop some 25 years ago, I've always asked to see my old replaced parts, including oil filters, when I have any work done. The latest incident was a few years ago, when I told my friend Rick, the automotive manager at the local Canadian Tire, that I'll want to see my parts and filters after the job was done on my son's 2006 Pontiac G5 Pursuit. Somehow that got lost in translation, as when I asked the young mechanic to see the old oil filter, he looked alarmed and fished out an oil filter from his trash bin... a conventional style one, not an element type that the G5 uses. I confronted Rick about it and he apologized profusely, reprimanded the young tech, and had another guy do a proper oil change on the house.

This story above makes me realize if you're selling a car and the prospective buyer asks to take it to "his shop" to have it looked at, the prudent reply should be no, we can take it to MY shop, and I'm going with you.

Payman

Quote from: cawimmer430 on August 10, 2018, 10:17:39 AM
”It was a joke...”

:facepalm:  :rage:

The nerve of some people.

Yeah, cut the brake lines of a car and then claim “it’s a joke...”... Don’t lock these people up - execute them. :lockedup:

Well, once Jalopnik has hold of a story like this, it's death for the offending business. Their FB page is down right now, lol.

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Payman

Quote from: CaminoRacer on August 10, 2018, 12:00:33 PM
:wtf:

Makes you wonder what kinds of scams AMP pulls off with their customers. This Sam guy is co-owner. I wonder what the other co-owner thinks of all this.

CaminoRacer

https://www.facebook.com/advancedmetalpieces/

This page is gold :lol:

Also looks like they pulled the trick on at least 1 customer.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

cawimmer430

Quote from: Rockraven on August 10, 2018, 10:22:23 AM
Well, once Jalopnik has hold of a story like this, it's death for the offending business. Their FB page is down right now, lol.

Looks like the Internet is good for something! :lol:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie