CR-V engine problems

Started by Payman, October 05, 2018, 12:37:56 PM

FoMoJo

Quote from: Morris Minor on December 06, 2020, 03:15:14 PM
It would be good to see Mazda make something in the mold of the Austin Healey 3000, as they make the MX-5 in the spirit of the Lotus Elan.
An attainable roadster - 275-300 HP - bit of a bruiser but not too flamboyant

I always felt that the Miata was more of a modern day MGB.  The Lotus, especially the Elan, was a cut above.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

MrH

Quote from: Laconian on December 06, 2020, 03:16:54 PM
I'm starting to lose some hair in the back of my head, so... fixed roofs are fine, thanks :lol:

Just wait until it's all gone.  You'll want a convertible again!
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

CaminoRacer

Quote from: MrH on December 07, 2020, 07:35:51 AM
Just wait until it's all gone.  You'll want a convertible again!

The wind can't mess up your hair if you don't have any!
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

r0tor

Quote from: FoMoJo on December 05, 2020, 09:14:41 AM
Discovery uses a knob to switch gears.  Wouldn't want to get them confused.

It needs a shifter
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

FoMoJo

Quote from: r0tor on December 07, 2020, 10:25:35 AM
It needs a shifter
Being old and less inclined to change, I thought I'd be adverse to having a shift knob rather than a shift lever.  However, it makes the console area much cleaner and less cluttered looking. 

As soon as you push the start button, the little knob raises up.

I just like the way it looks.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

CaminoRacer

I think I prefer the Bolt electronic shifter, which is similar to BMW's. Keeps me from confusing it with the other round knobs.

Laconian

You couldn't have a kid in the passenger seat with one of those knobs. Your transmission would be FUBAR in no time from shifting into reverse while at speed.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Lebowski

Quote from: Laconian on December 07, 2020, 12:02:08 PM
You couldn't have a kid in the passenger seat with one of those knobs. Your transmission would be FUBAR in no time from shifting into reverse while at speed.

You can't have a kid in the front passenger seat until they are 36 years old and 220lbs anyway.

Laconian

Quote from: Lebowski on December 07, 2020, 12:07:32 PM
You can't have a kid in the front passenger seat until they are 36 years old and 220lbs anyway.

:lol:

FoMoJo

Quote from: Laconian on December 07, 2020, 12:02:08 PM
Maybe.  It's bad enough with my wife in the passenger seat.  The lever looking device just behind the shift knob, far right in the image, activates/deactivates the electric emergency brake.  My wife thought it was to open a storage compartment underneath and tried to "open it" when we were driving.  It works very effectively.

Laconian

Quote from: FoMoJo on December 07, 2020, 02:36:03 PM
Maybe.  It's bad enough with my wife in the passenger seat.  The lever looking device just behind the shift knob, far right in the image, activates/deactivates the electric emergency brake.  My wife thought it was to open a storage compartment underneath and tried to "open it" when we were driving.  It works very effectively.

:lol:!

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: FoMoJo on December 07, 2020, 02:36:03 PM

I've seen lots of those where the e-parking-brake switch is by the passenger like the window switches in my Miata! What horrible design!
Will

veeman

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on December 07, 2020, 04:35:39 PM
I've seen lots of those where the e-parking-brake switch is by the passenger like the window switches in my Miata! What horrible design!

Yeah that design is terrible.  It looks like a lever to open the storage cubby between the seats. 

FoMoJo

Quote from: veeman on December 07, 2020, 05:07:25 PM
Yeah that design is terrible.  It looks like a lever to open the storage cubby between the seats. 
It does have the little (P) symbol on it.  Some people don't notice it I guess.

Morris Minor

I've been approved by my bank for a 2.89% APR. This is 40 bps higher that the loan we took out from them in January 2018 on the Honda. This is odd, given that my credit rating is as high as you can get, and interest rates are supposedly lower than they were two years ago.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

veeman

I think Mazda is currently offering 0.9% APR for up to 5 years financing on all 2021 models. 

Morris Minor

Quote from: veeman on December 07, 2020, 09:39:59 PM
I think Mazda is currently offering 0.9% APR for up to 5 years financing on all 2021 models. 
Thanks, they are, will take a laptop along: I've made a spreadsheet to run scenarios: amortization, trade-in, taxes etc.
Spreadsheets help me keep a clear head. I love numbers.

veeman

Quote from: Morris Minor on December 08, 2020, 06:17:16 AM
Thanks, they are, will take a laptop along: I've made a spreadsheet to run scenarios: amortization, trade-in, taxes etc.

A customer who takes out a laptop while trying to buy a car at a dealership is probably a good sign to the salesperson to just offer a good deal from the get-go  :lol:

Laconian

Quote from: Morris Minor on December 08, 2020, 06:17:16 AM

You're no match for the Four Square. The salesman's going to make you his bitch.

CaminoRacer

RIP Morris and his laptop. He never stood a chance against the Four Boxes.

Laconian

"Hey guys, look at my low, low monthly payment"

"How long is the loan for?"

"NINETY YEARS"

SJ_GTI

Quote from: Laconian on December 08, 2020, 10:17:43 AM
"Hey guys, look at my low, low monthly payment"

"How long is the loan for?"

"NINETY YEARS"

:lol:

Speed_Racer

I learned yesterday that they do 240 month loans on RVs. At 5+% APR!  :confused:

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Speed_Racer on December 08, 2020, 11:52:00 AM
I learned yesterday that they do 240 month loans on RVs. At 5+% APR!  :confused:

I browse them a lot, you can buy the big bus styles which are more expensive than my house.

Really the vast majority of RVs, jet skis, boats, motorcycles, quads, etc... are toy purchases and make zero financial sense.

But what are finances for but to have fun? (without losing the necessities of life because of bankruptcy)
Will

Morris Minor

Laconian

I was expecting a line like "oh, my boss isn't happy with me, but..."

Still great.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Speed_Racer on December 08, 2020, 11:52:00 AM

But RV prices have shot throught the roof since Covid. Now is not the time to buy.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Morris Minor

CX-5 AWD Grand Touring Reserve that comes with the turbo 2.5. And I like the cooled seats.

FoMoJo

Quote from: Morris Minor on December 09, 2020, 04:29:38 PM
CX-5 AWD Grand Touring Reserve that comes with the turbo 2.5. And I like the cooled seats.

Very sharp.  Love their red.  The 2.5 turbo must have a lot of grunt.