Spy shots: 07 Tundra

Started by ifcar, January 19, 2006, 02:32:38 PM

ifcar

Prototypes of Toyota?s next generation Tundra pick-up are currently undergoing last cold weather testing in North America before the new model?s launch at the 2006 Chicago Motor Show.

The Tundra came first on the market in 1999, and the new model to come will be an all new vehicle. The 2007 Tundra will be bigger, more powerful and will offer new styling and engine configurations. This all-new Tundra will be built in America at both Toyota Motor Manufacturing in Indiana and the new San Antonio,Texas plants.

More pics here:
http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphotos.cfm/...1/toyota/1.html

Colonel Cadillac

Looks very similar to the Dodge Ram.  

TBR

280Z Turbo

Does that suprise anyone? The Japanese got where they are by taking vehicles from other manufacturers and making them better!

Catman

I'm surprised to see a standard cab.  It looks like Toyota is finally going to offer a variety of configurations.  The proportions look very good.

ifcar

:blink:

They've offered a regular cab from the very beginning.
http://toyota.com/tundra/models.html

Run Away

Edited.

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

crv16

Looks quite toned down from that concept truck that was shown a while back.
09 Honda Accord EX-L V6
09 Subaru Forester X Premium 5 speed

thewizard16

QuoteLooks quite toned down from that concept truck that was shown a while back.
The concept looked really ugly to me, and there was little doubt in my mind that they'd tone it down. This looks big, and looks like it was styled to look big, but that's all I can tell. I don't forsee me caring a whole lot about it, but maybe it won't be unattractive.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Catman

Quote:blink:

They've offered a regular cab from the very beginning.
http://toyota.com/tundra/models.html
Yeah, I know but I suspected it would be dropped.  And this is the first time they've attached a short bed to it I believe.

ifcar

TBR

Is that a Toyota released picture? It is clearly Ram influenced, but it still looks fairly unique. I like it, though I don't know how good it will look in 4x4/Prerunner trim.

JYODER240

Looks alot like a Ram in the front.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Catman

Looks great in my opinion.  Compared to the Titan it appears to have a much nicer finished appearance.  There's some blurry areas around the lights that do look suspicious though. :blink:  

ifcar

I'm pretty sure it's not a Toyota image, but it certainly looks plausible considering the concept and the spy shot.  

Catman

Word is that the interior will be the most innovative aspect of this truck.  Supposedly, it is going to bring space efficiency to a new level.  We'll see Feb 9th. :mellow:  

ifcar

Are they showing a new Sequoia at the same time?

Catman

QuoteAre they showing a new Sequoia at the same time?
That's a good question.  I don't know but I'm going to try and find out.  Hope the Sequoia gets the same front end.

SVT666

The shape of the back of the cab and front of the box looks like it was ripped off the last generation F-150, and I am in agreement that the front end is completely Ram inspired.  I wish they could come up with an attractive original design rather then a ripped off attractive design.  I will say though that it is definitely more attractive then the Titan.  I'm also glad to see that it isn't so overstyled as the Tacoma.

Catman

QuoteThe shape of the back of the cab and front of the box looks like it was ripped off the last generation F-150, and I am in agreement that the front end is completely Ram inspired.  I wish they could come up with an attractive original design rather then a ripped off attractive design.  I will say though that it is definitely more attractive then the Titan.  I'm also glad to see that it isn't so overstyled as the Tacoma.
There's only so many ways to style a pick-up truck.  Personally, I think it has a look all its own.  The Dodge's are much more unique as far as the grille and the front fenders.

Nah, totally different.

so cal cookie

If that's the real thing, then thumbs up to Toyota.

SVT666

QuoteThe shape of the back of the cab and front of the box looks like it was ripped off the last generation F-150, and I am in agreement that the front end is completely Ram inspired.  I wish they could come up with an attractive original design rather then a ripped off attractive design.  I will say though that it is definitely more attractive then the Titan.  I'm also glad to see that it isn't so overstyled as the Tacoma.
There's only so many ways to style a pick-up truck.  Personally, I think it has a look all its own.  The Dodge's are much more unique as far as the grille and the front fenders.

Nah, totally different.
I agree, but Dodge, Ford, GM, and Nissan all have unique looking 1/2 tons.  The F-250 and F-350 were definitely inspired by Dodge, but even they look different from the inspiration.  I think people could mistake that Toyota front end for a Dodge.  I mean even the line of the raised portion of the hood is so similar to the Dodge it's not even funny.  Oh well, I won't be buying one so I don't care.

Atomic

i was never a fan of past midsize and large toyota pick-up trucks, but this one looks pretty cool  B)  ! i always liked their suv's! don't worry, catman ^_^ !!!  

so cal cookie

The spyshots showed an F-150 like bed, but that's about the only similarities between other trucks I see.  
In the shot of the blue one, the only other truck I can think of when I see it is Tacoma.  I don't see anything else. :mellow:  

crv16

Looks pretty good.  My only nit to pick at this time is the headlights.  They seem, well, too Japanese - squinting eyes.  Put on some larger, Ram-like headlights.
09 Honda Accord EX-L V6
09 Subaru Forester X Premium 5 speed

ifcar

Run Away

Those tires NEED to make production.

It's like cheating on the "my truck is manlier than yours" contest.

TBR

I suspect those are fake, or of a different vehicle. Hollywood extra's "spy shots" are never accurate.