All-New 2019 Mazda3 Looks Sleek Inside And Out In Best Photos Yet

Started by cawimmer430, November 13, 2018, 05:16:48 PM

SJ_GTI

I think the Mazda 3 is an interesting proposition. I own a car that is int he same neighborhood as the high end Mazda 3 hatch and GTI...although I almost feel like I paid extra to get the best of both worlds.

For me, I would likely take a loaded Mazda 3 hatch over a GTI...mainly because I would prefer the AWD over the manual if it came down to choosing. I also like to get as many of the premium features as I can on any car I get.

I mean I would rather have both a manual and AWD (and based on my current car I was clearly happy to pay more than what the Mazda or GTI cost to get it), but for me AWD is the more important feature (even fake haldex).

MrH

Looks fine.  Uninterested until the SkyActive X gets here.  When that happens, my buddy is probably going to get an AWD one to replace his 2014 Mazda 6.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

SJ_GTI

Relating back to another thread on grills, I think the over sized grill on this car looks really good.

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Laconian

"That, coupled with a new seat design meant to improve passenger posture and further reduce road impacts, is meant to offer a smoother, more comfortable and quieter ride experience. The new seats are meant to put a person's spine and pelvis in a walking position, which Mazda believes helps the brain subconsciously stabilize the head as the car turns and takes bumps, like it does with the impact of your legs walking beneath you.

Mazda even showed us videos of head movement over a speed bump in the new car compared to the old, and there was consistently a more visible impact from the old car."

Music to my ears. It's fantastic that Mazda's sweating the details WRT the ergonomics of driving enjoyment.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Laconian

Quote from: SJ_GTI on January 28, 2019, 11:38:03 AM
Relating back to another thread on grills, I think the over sized grill on this car looks really good.

It's because it doesn't have a hare lip like the new 7 series does.

12,000 RPM

Hopefully they eventually pair the 2.5T with AWD in either this or the 6 (preferably the 6)
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Laconian

MX793

Quote from: Laconian on January 28, 2019, 12:58:57 PM
I wish it was Teuts that was BTAC'ing HCCI to the world.

But then who would be there to assure us that all is well at Faraday Future, contrary to what the media is reporting?
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

68_427

Quote from: BimmerM3 on January 24, 2019, 05:41:51 PM

Y'all are overstating the "sporting pretentions" of the Mazda3. That comparison would make more sense if they offered a Mazdaspeed version.

I don't know.  Autoblog seemed to think it was pretty "sporty". 

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/01/27/2019-mazda3-first-drive-review-87hy65/

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

BimmerM3

Quote from: 68_427 on January 28, 2019, 07:50:47 PM
I don't know.  Autoblog seemed to think it was pretty "sporty". 

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/01/27/2019-mazda3-first-drive-review-87hy65/

Well, good. :lol:

But it's still not a direct GTI competitor.

Onslaught

Girlfriend just got a 2018 Mazda3 grand touring. It's an ok car for what it is. Someone totaled her Civic so she couldn't hold out for the 19's to show up.
bah weep granah weep nini bon

Laconian

Quote from: Onslaught on January 30, 2019, 03:02:33 PM
Girlfriend just got a 2018 Mazda3 grand touring. It's an ok car for what it is. Someone totaled her Civic so she couldn't hold out for the 19's to show up.

My parents got a great deal on a 2018. I think they made the right choice; the rear visibility of the 19 is regrettable.

FoMoJo

Quote from: Laconian on January 31, 2019, 12:47:59 PM
My parents got a great deal on a 2018. I think they made the right choice; the rear visibility of the 19 is regrettable.
So is the torsion beam.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

Laconian

Mazda said that the torsion beam reduces cabin noise, which is 100% a thing my parents complain about in their '18.

2o6

I feel like 5 years ago most of y'all didn't know or care what a torsion beam was.

FoMoJo

FoMoJo

Quote from: Laconian on January 31, 2019, 01:35:32 PM
Mazda said that the torsion beam reduces cabin noise, which is 100% a thing my parents complain about in their '18.
Insulation reduces noise as well.

2o6

FoMoJo

HurricaneSteve

Don't Golf TDI's use torsion beams? Either way, they've increased leg room, made it quieter, ride better and still handle well. I don't see the problem.

Quote from: FoMoJo on January 31, 2019, 01:20:28 PM
A step backwards. :(

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

12,000 RPM

So they can retune the hell out of the 2.0i for the Miata but they can't retune the 2.5T for an MS3? Lol

Are the German brands less mature than Mazda?

Let me be nice.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Onslaught

I like Mazdaspeed. But let's be real, the Mazdaspeed cars didn't sell well not one of them. The MS Protege,  MS MX-5 and MS6 collected dust on the lots. The MX-5 type R couldn't be given away. It's popular now but not then.

And the MS3 did ok. Better then the others but not great.
bah weep granah weep nini bon

WookieOnRitalin

Quote from: Onslaught on February 06, 2019, 02:27:47 PM
I like Mazdaspeed. But let's be real, the Mazdaspeed cars didn't sell well not one of them. The MS Protege,  MS MX-5 and MS6 collected dust on the lots. The MX-5 type R couldn't be given away. It's popular now but not then.

And the MS3 did ok. Better then the others but not great.

The Car industry has a parallel with the movie industry. No one wants to make anything that won't make money (I know, not a big revelation).

It seems as though none of the major manufacturers want to make "speed" products for the masses as there is no money there. It seems that most of the tuning will end up aftermarket. I would say if that is your schtick, then why not just buy something used and tune it if that's what you want to do.
1989 Mazda 929
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2010 Saab 9-3
2012 Suzuki Kizashi
2015 Mazda3

1987 Nissan Maxima GXE
2006 Subaru Baja Turbo