RIP Lee Iacocca

Started by Laconian, July 02, 2019, 07:59:14 PM

Laconian

Lee Iacocca, father of the Ford Mustang who later rescued Chrysler, dies at 94
https://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-lee-iacocca-20190702-story.html
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

dazzleman

I love the Mustang.  The Chrysler K-Car, not so much.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

shp4man

A great name in the car biz...RIP.

93JC

RIP

Sad coincidence that I was reading about Iacocca recently—about a week ago—after watching an old video from Jay Leno's Garage. It was from five years ago, fiftieth anniversary of the launch of the Mustang, and he seemed so, so much older than I remembered. Soft spoken, timid; the complete opposite of the bombastic, boisterous personality I remembered.

It seemed like it wasn't so long ago he was still appearing in Chrysler ads, still hawking his latest book, but I looked it up and that was twelve years ago. I didn't realize he was 94 years old.

Payman

I didn't realize he was still alive. RIP.

r0tor

Pretty large article about him in our local newspaper... Actually was born in the area and went to my college.

Just read his father founded a chain of local of hotdog stands that are still in business 97 years later.
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Raza

A legend. Rest In Peace.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

FoMoJo

One of the giants of the automotive world.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

12,000 RPM

I admit, I knew dude was a heavy hitter in the industry but now after seeing his resume... salute.

I don't feel sad for him. He lived a full, long, healthy, interesting life, and left his mark on the world. Hopefully he was a good family man. He got about all anyone could ask for.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

BimmerM3

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on July 03, 2019, 11:20:56 AM
I admit, I knew dude was a heavy hitter in the industry but now after seeing his resume... salute.

I don't feel sad for him. He lived a full, long, healthy, interesting life, and left his mark on the world. Hopefully he was a good family man. He got about all anyone could ask for.

+1. 94 years and a legacy like his is hard to match.

FoMoJo

Iacocca was somewhat involved in the Ford v Ferrari undertaking.  Wonder whether he'll get his dues in the movie.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

cawimmer430

Another automotive legend gone. RICH (Rest In Car Heaven).  :frown:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

93JC

Quote from: FoMoJo on July 03, 2019, 12:33:09 PM
Iacocca was somewhat involved in the Ford v Ferrari undertaking.  Wonder whether he'll get his dues in the movie.

Jon Bernthal is playing Iacocca.