2020 Audi RS 6 Avant Revealed With 592 HP, Will Be Offered In America

Started by cawimmer430, August 21, 2019, 05:19:38 AM

cawimmer430

The exterior is too gaudy for my tastes, but god damn that interior.  :wub:

2020 Audi RS 6 Avant Revealed With 592 HP, Will Be Offered In America

High-performance wagons are an Audi staple and the company isn't disappointing as they've unveiled the all-new RS 6 Avant.

Set to celebrate its public debut in Frankfurt, the 2020 RS 6 Avant has a twin-turbo 4.0-liter V8 that produces 592 hp (441 kW / 600 PS) and 590 lb-ft (800 Nm) of torque. It is connected to an eight-speed automatic transmission which sends power to a quattro all-wheel drive system. This setup enables the car to rocket from 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) in 3.6 seconds, before hitting a limited top speed of 155 mph (250 km/h).

Speaking of performance, the wagon comes equipped with a specially tuned adaptive air suspension and a sport differential which promises to "enhance cornering agility by actively splitting torque between each of the rear wheels."

There's also an optimized steering system which "develops significantly higher return forces as [the] steering angle increases, to provide precise steering feedback."  Customers will also be able to order an RS sport suspension with Dynamic Ride Control.

The car's drive select system has six different modes including auto, comfort, dynamic and efficiency.  That's not too unusual, but the RS 6 Avant features two unique modes dubbed RS1 and RS2.  They're individually configurable and can be pulled up by pushing the RS Mode button on the steering wheel.

On the styling front, the model follows in the footsteps of the A6 and S6 Avant.  However, there are a handful of changes which indicate this isn't your typical grocery getter.

Starting up front, the RS 6 adopts a prominent grille Singleframe grille with gloss black mesh inserts which are unique to the model.  We can also see a bulging hood, massive air intakes and a silver splitter.

The sporty styling continues further back as the RS 6 Avant has aggressive side skirts and a liftgate-mounted spoiler.  There's also massive wheels which are backed up by a carbon ceramic braking system. Other notable features include a dual exhaust and a unique rear bumper with an integrated diffuser.

Audi didn't say much about the interior, but the cabin largely carries over from the standard model.  As a result, owners will find a 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster, a 10.1-inch infotainment system and an 8.6-inch lower display.

While the cabin is instantly recognizable, there are a handful of RS-specific touches including RS-branded sport seats and a flat-bottomed steering wheel.  We can also see carbon fiber trim, alloy pedals and a red quattro badge on the dashboard. Audi also confirmed the digital instrument cluster has RS-specific displays which "provide information on tire pressure, torque, power output, engine oil temperature, boost pressure, lap times, acceleration measurements and g forces."

We'll likely learn more about the RS 6 Avant at the Frankfurt Motor Show, but Audi confirmed the model will be offered in America.  This is a first for the wagon and Audi Sport GmbH managing director Oliver Hoffmann said he believes the move has "huge potential."

Link: https://www.carscoops.com/2019/08/2020-audi-rs-6-avant-revealed-with-592-hp-will-be-offered-in-america/
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

12,000 RPM

I don't like the interior either

And the front bumper is from the Elantra
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

FoMoJo

I suppose there's a market for this sort of thing :huh:.

Doesn't look all that good.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Eye of the Tiger

MrH

I like the looks of this over the E63 wagon.  Now the real important question...can this be outfitted with a rear facing third row seat?
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

r0tor

The logical response to the SUV craze is wagons... Especially butch looking ones that look like lowered SUVs.
Been waiting for them to reappear
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Raza

Quote from: MrH on August 22, 2019, 11:50:39 AM
I like the looks of this over the E63 wagon.  Now the real important question...can this be outfitted with a rear facing third row seat?

Lookswise, I think it's probably in the top 10 best looking cars currently made. It really appeals to me.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

12,000 RPM

Eye of the Tiger

cawimmer430

I was in Ingolstadt today for business and decided to stop by the Audi Forum which includes the museum, factories and a showroom. No RS6 Avant, but they had an A4, e-Tron SUV, R8 V10, A7 Sportback and a TTRS in the showroom. Gotta say, Audi is really killing it on interiors. Beautiful stuff.

They also had a wonderful Audi-NSU Concept Car Exhibition, including some stuff from the 1930s!!! Stay tuned for the snapshots!  :rockon:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

veeman

It is sweet looking.  It's much better looking than the Merc AMG E63 S Wagon or the Porsche Panamera Sport Turismo. 

I know, sacrilege, but I'd personally prefer an Audi Q8 and 50 thousand cash. 

12,000 RPM

Quote from: veeman on August 22, 2019, 03:11:57 PM
It is sweet looking.  It's much better looking than the Merc AMG E63 S Wagon or the Porsche Panamera Sport Turismo. 

I know, sacrilege, but I'd personally prefer an Audi Q8 and 50 thousand cash.
I wouldn't mind a much tamer A6 3.0T wagon. This thing looks ugly and the turbo v8s sound ugly too

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

12,000 RPM

cawimmer430

2020 Audi RS6 Avant Looks Like It's Even Better Than Its Ultra Capable Predecessor

The 2020 Audi RS6 Avant is official and it likely won't be long before it establishes itself as the ultimate super estate for those looking for supreme performance and comfort.

Henry Catchpole from Carfection recently had the opportunity to explore the car in detail after its online debut this week.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqcYlCQaTHI

Perhaps the first thing to talk about regarding the new super estate are its looks. The RS6 Avant has always looked good and we happen to think the previous-generation model was once of the finest-looking estates ever released. In pictures, and on video, the new car also looks pretty good and is perhaps even more aggressive than its predecessor. We remain on the fence with the new car's rear, however.

The second thing to talk about the new RS6 Avant is the engine. Like the previous model, it is powered by a twin-turbo 4.0-liter V8 and, with 591 hp, it certainly has the potential to be very fast even though the outgoing model has a few more horses. The presence of 48 mild-hybrid technology bumps torque to 590 lb-ft (800 Nm), helping to propel the estate forward to 62 mph (100 km/h) in a blistering 3.6 seconds and on to an electronically limited top speed of 155 mph (250 km/h).

Then comes the brakes. As standard, the RS6 Avant is sold with steel discs, but if customers are willing to pay a premium, they can get huge 440 mm carbon-ceramic front discs with 10-piston calipers, which should help keep those horses in check.

Link: https://www.carscoops.com/2019/08/is-the-2020-audi-rs6-avant-even-better-than-its-ultra-capable-predecessor/

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Audi Gets U.S. Pumped Up About RS6 With Touching 'Avant Story' Spot

If you've been living in the U.S. for the past 25 years or so, then multiple generations of fast Audi wagons have passed by you without having the opportunity to purchase one from a local dealer.

Insanely fast Avant models are sort of an Audi staple. It all began with the 1994 RS 2 Avant, a car co-developed along with Porsche.
Following a short one-year production run, buyers had to wait nearly half a decade in order to get their hands on the B5 RS 4 Avant, and like the RS 2, this car was only available outside of the U.S.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8gw8B939Eo

Next in line was the 2002 RS 6 Avant, followed by the legendary 2005 RS 4 Avant, which was powered by an award-winning, high-revving, naturally aspirated V8 engine. Then came the 2008 RS 6 Avant, with its 580 HP twin-turbocharged V10 lump, the latest-gen RS 4 Avant in 2012 and the C7 RS 6 Avant in 2013.

So how do you go about depicting 25 years of not being able to get any of these cars (officially) in the States? Well, Audi went with a nearly 7-minute long ad titled "An Avant Story", told through the eyes of a little boy who grew up loving fast Audi wagons.

Despite its length, the spot is very enjoyable and it fittingly ends with the main protagonist finally getting to experience Audi Sport's latest creation, the all-new 2020 RS 6 Avant.

Unveiled earlier this week, the new RS 6 is powered by a twin-turbo 4.0-liter V8 engine, producing 592 HP (600 PS) and 590 lb-ft (800 Nm) of torque. That's good enough so as to accelerate you from zero to 62 mph (100 km/h) in as little as 3.6 seconds.

When is it coming to the USA?

Audi's newest super-performance estate is expected to arrive in America during the second or third quarter of next year as a 2020 model, with a price likely near its Mercedes-AMG E63 Wagon rival that starts from a little over $108,000 in the States.

Link: https://www.carscoops.com/2019/08/audi-gets-u-s-pumped-up-about-rs6-with-touching-avant-story-spot/

www.wimmerfotografie.de