Some drunken clown plowed into my commuter 2014 Focus when it was parked.

Started by shp4man, February 06, 2020, 09:07:24 PM

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Laconian

NCs are a more cushy, which might be the right compromise for Shippy.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

shp4man

Still waiting for something from the insurance company. Days? Weeks? Then, the lowball offer and the argument.....what a PIA. The rental car place didn't have any economy cars left, they put me in a new Cherokee for the same price.  :lol:

shp4man

The check for the Focus is a little over $9K. I can almost see that Miata in my driveway. They haven't sold it yet. Gotta do a deal. Telling the sales guy tomorrow. Wife is pushing for a Mazda 3. Second choice if the Miata deal falls through. Oh, ya!  :ohyeah:
See the PRND+M indicator on the tach?  Slush box.. ;)

2o6

If you want it, go for it! Both the Mazda 3 and Miata are nice cars.

shp4man

Quote from: 2o6 on February 13, 2020, 09:25:20 PM
If you want it, go for it! Both the Mazda 3 and Miata are nice cars.

Thanks, man.

In high school, one of my best buds bought a well used 1962 Austin Healey 3000 from a college professor. Price in 1969? $300. Yep...$300. Anyway, my car was a 1951 Chevy sedan. Old even then. Non-syncro 1st gear, slow ass 216CID 6 banger, and worst of all, cornered like a fucking loaded turnip truck.
So one day I asked my bud if I could drive the Healy.
OMFG, the thing was amazing. Four gears and a dash switch that changed the rear axle ratio. Three carbs. Low, low to the ground. Very unique exhaust note. British charm, leather seats. Convertible top. Cornered like it was on fucking rails. So different than my Chevy.
That's why I want the Miata, because of that Healy. I could never afford an actual Austin Healey, much less drive it to work every day.
But i can get that Miata.  :ohyeah:

FoMoJo

Quote from: shp4man on February 13, 2020, 09:29:36 PM
Thanks, man.

In high school, one of my best buds bought a well used 1962 Austin Healey 3000 from a college professor. Price in 1969? $300. Yep...$300. Anyway, my car was a 1951 Chevy sedan. Old even then. Non-syncro 1st gear, slow ass 216CID 6 banger, and worst of all, cornered like a fucking loaded turnip truck.
So one day I asked my bud if I could drive the Healy.
OMFG, the thing was amazing. Four gears and a dash switch that changed the rear axle ratio. Three carbs. Low, low to the ground. Very unique exhaust note. British charm, leather seats. Convertible top. Cornered like it was on fucking rails. So different than my Chevy.
That's why I want the Miata, because of that Healy. I could never afford an actual Austin Healey, much less drive it to work every day.
But i can get that Miata.  :ohyeah:
Treat yourself, the wife will get over it.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

NomisR

Yeah, seriously get the Miata, you're better off enjoying life while you can. 

shp4man

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

shp4man

Soup DeVille

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

FoMoJo

shp4man

The finance guy ran a Carfax on it. It was well maintained at the Mazda dealer and never had any warranty repairs.  Nice.

giant_mtb

Quote from: Soup DeVille on February 14, 2020, 01:46:33 PM
Of she answers "OK," buy flowers.

And if she answers "k," better throw some chocolates in there, too. Maybe a cute little stuffed animal, too.

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

shp4man

I was able to pair my phone with the Miata's sound system. I was concerned it might not work, but it did.  :ohyeah:  You do have to talk to it more than a new car, though.

Thinking about a black plate.  AN11NC?   :lol:

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

AutobahnSHO

Congrats!!!   I'll bet if you take some nice top-down drives together she'll be sold. We popped on top of a parking garage while the sun was setting one evening. :-)
Will

Morris Minor

⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

Morris Minor

I don't think I could persuade my wife to go back to driving a manual. She did so for 10 years in the UK - in crazy London traffic, but now she's used to the cushy luxury of autos.

Keep us posted Shippy. Pics and details of all the mods you're going to make.
Also pics of the lovely flowers and chocolates and teddy bears that are going to change her opinion.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

FoMoJo

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

shp4man

Wifey is slowly warming up to Miata. It is after all a unique and attractive vehicle. Plus, I think she likes the color. Copper Red Mica.  ;)

FoMoJo

Quote from: shp4man on February 15, 2020, 11:12:20 AM
Wifey is slowly warming up to Miata. It is after all a unique and attractive vehicle. Plus, I think she likes the color. Copper Red Mica.  ;)
Better be careful.  She'll take it you'll end up driving the Fusion.

HurricaneSteve

Congrats! NC's are excellent cars and even the autos are lots of fun. A friend of mine has one that looks just like that and he's considering selling and if he does, it'll be my wife's next car.