Ford Bronco first look!

Started by Payman, July 13, 2020, 07:52:59 PM

CaminoRacer

Let's see some Moab videos. Hell's Revenge?
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Speed_Racer

I haven't taken any quality shots of it yet, but here are some from the past couple of days. Her first mod is pulling the fender badges and replacing them with retro Bronco badges she bought, they should hopefully look like the example in the last pic when I mount them.

She wants to take it out to Capitol Reef - lots of beautiful backcountry trails out there. We explored a little last year in the truck and she wants to go again. She has to get thru the break-in period first!

Just a little shorter than the F150 thanks to the roof rack:

Eye of the Tiger

Such pretty green. I want that paint.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

FoMoJo

Quote from: Speed_Racer on March 26, 2022, 10:55:18 AM
I haven't taken any quality shots of it yet, but here are some from the past couple of days. Her first mod is pulling the fender badges and replacing them with retro Bronco badges she bought, they should hopefully look like the example in the last pic when I mount them.

She wants to take it out to Capitol Reef - lots of beautiful backcountry trails out there. We explored a little last year in the truck and she wants to go again. She has to get thru the break-in period first!

That is one fine pair of vehicles.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

AutobahnSHO

Very pretty! Those badges will look awesome!
Will

mzziaz

Cuore Sportivo

Speed_Racer

Quote from: FoMoJo on March 26, 2022, 03:07:56 PM
That is one fine pair of vehicles.

We wouldn't have predicted we'd go from being Mazda/Suzuki people to owning two Fords. We're just grateful to be in a position to treat ourselves here and there.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Speed_Racer on March 27, 2022, 11:02:44 AM
We wouldn't have predicted we'd go from being Mazda/Suzuki people to owning two Fords. We're just grateful to be in a position to treat ourselves here and there.

:rockon:
Will

MrH

2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

NomisR

The classic badge looks much better, love the color!

Soup DeVille

Sitting at the Mini dealer, getting the kid's car serviced. They have two Broncos parked out front; with price tags of $85 and $90,000 on them.

Yeah, sorry. That's beyond nuts.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Speed_Racer

Quote from: Soup DeVille on April 12, 2022, 09:24:42 AM
Sitting at the Mini dealer, getting the kid's car serviced. They have two Broncos parked out front; with price tags of $85 and $90,000 on them.

Yeah that's stupid money for what they are. Melissa got hers at MSRP, they locked her in 2021's price even though she ended up with a 2022 MY.

Decals update:
Before

After

Soup DeVille

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

r0tor

Quote from: Soup DeVille on April 12, 2022, 09:24:42 AM

Rover money
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Soup DeVille

Quote from: r0tor on April 14, 2022, 10:06:13 AM
Rover money

It is. I mean, if the Defender is the "equivalent" of the Bronco for cross-shopping purposes, its well over Rover money- its bordering on Range Rover/ Land Cruiser money.

NomisR

For that money, I think a 4Runner or a GX would be more than enough for most people if you want to off road.  If it was a normal market, I'd say buying used..

FoMoJo

Quote from: Soup DeVille on April 14, 2022, 10:34:58 AM
It is. I mean, if the Defender is the "equivalent" of the Bronco for cross-shopping purposes, its well over Rover money- its bordering on Range Rover/ Land Cruiser money.
The appeal of brands like "Bronco" is that you're buying "history" as well.  This applies to other brands as well, but the nature of the history matters also.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

NomisR

Quote from: FoMoJo on April 16, 2022, 05:17:36 PM
The appeal of brands like "Bronco" is that you're buying "history" as well.  This applies to other brands as well, but the nature of the history matters also.

I think to majority of the buying public, the only history they can remember from the Bronco is when OJ drove it.

Submariner

Quote from: Soup DeVille on April 14, 2022, 10:34:58 AM

The new Range Rover isn't going for anything close to MSRP.  Just like the G-class where used examples are going for well above sticker, the new RR will be in short supply and trading for 50% +'what they should be.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

FoMoJo

Quote from: NomisR on April 16, 2022, 08:59:24 PM
I think to majority of the buying public, the only history they can remember from the Bronco is when OJ drove it.
Probably true.  The majority of the public are pretty clueless when it comes to history.  However, I would like to think that the enthusiasts remember the exploits of the likes of Parnelli Jones at Baja in the early '70s in the series 1 Bronco, which the new Bronco is styled after. 

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Submariner on April 16, 2022, 09:59:23 PM
The new Range Rover isn't going for anything close to MSRP.  Just like the G-class where used examples are going for well above sticker, the new RR will be in short supply and trading for 50% +'what they should be.

Well yeah, the entire market is wonky.

r0tor

Quote from: Submariner on April 16, 2022, 09:59:23 PM

What rover are you talking about?
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

NomisR

Quote from: r0tor on April 18, 2022, 07:20:45 AM
What rover are you talking about?

I think he's talking about the actual Range Rover Range Rover.. not the sub models. There's a new one. 

NomisR

Just saw this video comparing the 4Runner to the Bronco though..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8FlRMwiJy4

I really wish Toyota improved on the camera tech, it definitely is dated..

Soup DeVille

Quote from: NomisR on April 18, 2022, 09:22:54 AM
Just saw this video comparing the 4Runner to the Bronco though..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8FlRMwiJy4

I really wish Toyota improved on the camera tech, it definitely is dated..

I saw this; and the review is crap. He doesn't try to explain the differences between toyota's crawl control and Ford's: says Toyota's is better, but completely fails to acknowledge that the Ford system has two different settings for traction control on it and he has the TC turned off- Toyota turns both on with the same button.

He gives credit to the Bronco for the sway bar disconnect; but the Toyota doesn't have KDSS, which is an option, and does the same thing, automatically.

He then says the Toyota won't pull the Bronco out- but he literally drove the truck into a stump and refused to go around it.

I mean, its a crap review for both vehicles.

NomisR

Quote from: Soup DeVille on April 18, 2022, 09:37:43 AM
I saw this; and the review is crap. He doesn't try to explain the differences between toyota's crawl control and Ford's: says Toyota's is better, but completely fails to acknowledge that the Ford system has two different settings for traction control on it and he has the TC turned off- Toyota turns both on with the same button.

He gives credit to the Bronco for the sway bar disconnect; but the Toyota doesn't have KDSS, which is an option, and does the same thing, automatically.

He then says the Toyota won't pull the Bronco out- but he literally drove the truck into a stump and refused to go around it.

I mean, its a crap review for both vehicles.

Yeah, the only thing I really got out of it is the fact that for most people, the 4Runner is a good enough off roader and better daily.. but if you want the looks, get the Bronco.  I'm surprised the 4Runner has a part time 4WD though.

Soup DeVille

You can get it in part-time or AWD.

Personally, I'd rather have the part time.

NomisR

Quote from: Soup DeVille on April 18, 2022, 10:08:41 AM
You can get it in part-time or AWD.

Personally, I'd rather have the part time.

Yeah, I guess it's only avaiable on the Limited version whereas the other models all have part time.  I'm really going down the rabbit hole on looking into modding my wife's car.. not a good thing.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: NomisR on April 18, 2022, 10:12:12 AM
Yeah, I guess it's only avaiable on the Limited version whereas the other models all have part time.  I'm really going down the rabbit hole on looking into modding my wife's car.. not a good thing.

The GX?

Soup DeVille

FWIW, I considered for a time, converting the landcruiser to part time, as it would make it better for towing. It wasn't hard, the center diff gets replaced with a spool and the diff lock button becomes the front axle engage button.

I decided it wasn't worth it on a car with almost 200,000 miles.