Lightning

Started by AutobahnSHO, May 29, 2021, 08:58:05 AM

MrH

Ok, this is elite troll work.

Tesla is by far the biggest subsidy hound in history.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

ChrisV

Quote from: r0tor on August 24, 2021, 09:15:03 AM
All the more reason to wait if anyone was seriously considering one
Did you buy a computer or are you still waiting for the next fastest and more capable one to come out? You buy what meets your needs/wants when it comes out. No need to wait for the next big thing otherwise you'll always be waiting, because there will be another next big thing on the horizon after that.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

r0tor

Quote from: ChrisV on August 30, 2021, 11:37:02 AM
Did you buy a computer or are you still waiting for the next fastest and more capable one to come out? You buy what meets your needs/wants when it comes out. No need to wait for the next big thing otherwise you'll always be waiting, because there will be another next big thing on the horizon after that.

Well that depends if the computer was originally designed to be a computer and not a typewriter
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Morris Minor

Quote from: r0tor on August 30, 2021, 12:41:15 PM
Well that depends if the computer was originally designed to be a computer and not a typewriter
:hesaid:
The big vehicle manufacturers are locked deep in making ICE vehicles, a business that has not changed fundamentally for more than a century. They are being told to set all that aside:
customs
traditions
expertise
products
sales & service structure...

... and go into something completely new: computers, sensors, & data gathering devices on wheels. And selling these into a generation that does not care too much for the car culture of its parents.

I think it's legitimate to ask whether such a conservative industry can stand itself on its head and morph into something different. When I see Big Three execs standing in Washington DC linking arms with the unions, I wonder if they get it.
Some will do well, others will struggle. I think Ford gets it. I think the Koreans get it. I think China gets it. I worry about GM, the French & the Germans.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși