Started by Payman, June 08, 2021, 10:24:43 AM

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Rich

Cool, I wish I could check it out when it comes
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

veeman

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on October 14, 2021, 02:22:41 PM
Wife went to local dealer today and dropped $5k for the order. Dark grey Lariat hybrid with luxury package will be about $32k.

What she Really wanted though was a '73 Bronco with only 16k original miles in amazing (restored?) condition for "only" $80k... Lol

You didn't stand a chance convincing her to get a used car being stationed in Kuwait  :lol:

Congratulations!

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: FoMoJo on October 14, 2021, 02:33:10 PM
She's got good taste.  Any indication of delivery?

I've seen a lot of brands with various shades of grey with the "wet clay" look.  Dark is better.

So some people have gotten their terbow version already. This dealer ordered two, one is sold already. They're not even staying the hybrids until December.

My "guess" is that we'll be high on the list, ordering almost the most expensive they can get?

It's kind of fun, they email us the VIN when they start and then email when it's finished and enroute.

It's not kind of fun that buying my first house and buying my first ever brand new car- wife got all the fun, I've been stuck far away. :lol:
Will

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: shp4man on October 14, 2021, 02:28:59 PM
I thought these things would sell

The price is just amazing. Does most everything we need with great gas mileage!

Speaking of, it was $2.45 when I left, wife says it's $4+ now.
Will

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: CaminoRacer on October 14, 2021, 03:27:47 PM
Nice!

Thanks!

Quote from: Rich on October 14, 2021, 04:41:07 PM
Cool, I wish I could check it out when it comes

Me too! My son is re-enlisting though. Maybe he'll still be up there next fall?!?!

Quote from: veeman on October 14, 2021, 07:09:21 PM
You didn't stand a chance convincing her to get a used car being stationed in Kuwait  :lol:

Congratulations!

She actually called from the dealership sitting with the salesman and a list of used vehicles. But an MKZ with two years and 25k miles was almost as much ?!?!?

Gas mileage around town was a serious plus for me. One reviewer said he got 40mpg in Nashville traffic "without even trying".
Will

Laconian

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on October 14, 2021, 09:48:18 PM
The price is just amazing. Does most everything we need with great gas mileage!

Speaking of, it was $2.45 when I left, wife says it's $4+ now.

Energy is eye-watering everywhere right now. Big crunch.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

CaminoRacer

Just make sure they don't try to hit you with any dealer markups. I've heard of a lot of dealerships doing that to people's Bronco or Mach E orders, and they have to find a different, less shady dealership to avoid markups. Hopefully the Maverick won't be like that.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: CaminoRacer on October 14, 2021, 10:52:32 PM
Just make sure they don't try to hit you with any dealer markups. I've heard of a lot of dealerships doing that to people's Bronco or Mach E orders, and they have to find a different, less shady dealership to avoid markups. Hopefully the Maverick won't be like that.

We're getting MSRP, which already includes the shipping fees. Military discount is $500 and knocks off this dealership's "docking charges". But who knows- if demand gets high enough they may try to get greedy??...

They tried to sell us a cool $2k+ package which includes bed liner, hood sticker (clear protectant?), tinted windows and "better" wheel locks. The package we ordered includes spray in bedliner and we checked the box on wheel locks, so we declined.
Will

SJ_GTI

Congrats, sounds like a good truck.

From watching reviews I'd probably go with the AWD/2.0L Turbo combination, but that is because gas prices don't bother me much (I only drive ~5000 miles a year or so anyway). Either way it sounds like a great overall package.

MrH

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on October 15, 2021, 06:12:30 AM
We're getting MSRP, which already includes the shipping fees. Military discount is $500 and knocks off this dealership's "docking charges". But who knows- if demand gets high enough they may try to get greedy??...

They tried to sell us a cool $2k+ package which includes bed liner, hood sticker (clear protectant?), tinted windows and "better" wheel locks. The package we ordered includes spray in bedliner and we checked the box on wheel locks, so we declined.

I was going to say, doesn't the Lariat include a bed liner already??
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: MrH on October 15, 2021, 06:38:47 AM
I was going to say, doesn't the Lariat include a bed liner already??

Not sure but between Lariat and the Luxury package, yes. Luxury includes tow hitch, better sound system, and a few other nice things too and a lot of stuff I don't care super lots about. BUT planning to keep this thing long long term so the nice to have stuff is cool.
Will

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: SJ_GTI on October 15, 2021, 06:29:19 AM
Congrats, sounds like a good truck.

From watching reviews I'd probably go with the AWD/2.0L Turbo combination, but that is because gas prices don't bother me much (I only drive ~5000 miles a year or so anyway). Either way it sounds like a great overall package.

Thank you!
This will be my "bad weather commuter" car, I drive 200miles/week just to work and back. AWD would be nice but not available with the Hybrid.

Funny that our minivan will still be the more capable tow vehicle :mask: but some day we want to get a full size truck for camper trailer?
Will

veeman

Crazy that a base model Maverick and a base model Ecosport cost the same amount; well actually the Maverick a bit cheaper. 

AutobahnSHO

Crazy this is the cheapest car Ford sells now?!?!!??!?!
Will

veeman

I had my Dad order a base model Maverick in a cool color Ford calls "Area 51". Looks like a matte blue/gray.    I maybe would have ordered one for myself if I hadn't recently gotten my Veloster.

We both don't haul anything :lol:

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: veeman on October 18, 2021, 08:25:29 AM
I had my Dad order a base model Maverick in a cool color Ford calls "Area 51". Looks like a matte blue/gray.    I maybe would have ordered one for myself if I hadn't recently gotten my Veloster.

We both don't haul anything :lol:

Right but this thing seems to super meet truck wants without the usual truck drawbacks!

Funny enough it's a modern El Camino or Ute from Australia- only with 4 doors.

Will

MX793

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on October 17, 2021, 12:08:13 PM
Crazy this is the cheapest car Ford sells now?!?!!??!?!

Just highlights how grossly overpriced the EcoSport is.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on October 18, 2021, 12:55:08 PM
Right but this thing seems to super meet truck wants without the usual truck drawbacks!

:hesaid:
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

CaminoRacer

Quote from: MX793 on October 18, 2021, 12:56:29 PM
Just highlights how grossly overpriced the EcoSport is.

That thing makes me gag. So ugly and it's twice the price it should be.

CaminoRacer

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on October 18, 2021, 12:55:08 PM

So you're saying I should buy one, lower it, and then autocross it so hard that the spindles break?

MX793

Quote from: CaminoRacer on October 18, 2021, 01:30:12 PM
That thing makes me gag. So ugly and it's twice the price it should be.

It should not cost more, in base FWD form, than the old Fiesta did or Honda Fit does (which is like 20% less than its current price).  If you want to say that with AWD and every option it costs 20k, OK, that's not too unreasonable.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: CaminoRacer on October 18, 2021, 01:30:58 PM
So you're saying I should buy one, lower it, and then autocross it so hard that the spindles break?

well you may have some issues there- not sure how strong the unibody is, I just read last night there's no torque converter in the hybrid (and no reverse gear!). I wonder if the brakes are different from hybrid and terbow. If they put the terbow brakes on all varieties, should be good still.

There are people wondering out loud if they will put out an AWD hybrid later. I'm good with FWD, I don't need burnouts, just a good commuter and sometimes go to Lowes car. :thumbsup:
Will

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: MX793 on October 18, 2021, 02:16:41 PM
It should not cost more, in base FWD form, than the old Fiesta did or Honda Fit does (which is like 20% less than its current price).  If you want to say that with AWD and every option it costs 20k, OK, that's not too unreasonable.

Those are much less vehicle. I wouldn't stack 1500lbs on either one of those, nor pull 2k lbs with them. I'm really really surprised they got this much into a vehicle this cheaply- likely much of that is thanks to building them in Mejico....
Will

MX793

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on October 19, 2021, 12:42:44 PM
Those are much less vehicle. I wouldn't stack 1500lbs on either one of those, nor pull 2k lbs with them. I'm really really surprised they got this much into a vehicle this cheaply- likely much of that is thanks to building them in Mejico....

I'm talking about the EcoSport compared to Fit and Fiesta.  The Mav should definitely cost more than any of them.
Needs more Jiggawatts

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: MX793 on October 19, 2021, 01:08:13 PM
I'm talking about the EcoSport compared to Fit and Fiesta.  The Mav should definitely cost more than any of them.

Doh. You're totally right!!!!
Will

Payman

I'm still not sold on CVT, but I'm still intrigued. My local dealer's website said they had 3 XLT 4x4 models on hand, ranging from $33k - $38K. That's pretty amazing when you consider the exchange rate; equal to about $25K US. Anyways, I called and all 3 are gone/spoken for, and I'm told it'll be well into next year before I could get one.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Rockraven on October 20, 2021, 10:29:08 AM
I'm still not sold on CVT, but I'm still intrigued. My local dealer's website said they had 3 XLT 4x4 models on hand, ranging from $33k - $38K. That's pretty amazing when you consider the exchange rate; equal to about $25K US. Anyways, I called and all 3 are gone/spoken for, and I'm told it'll be well into next year before I could get one.

I wonder if you could sneak a butt test though...
Will

AutobahnSHO

Oh and those ones have a regular old fashioned auto transmission! The terbows don't have cvt, and there are no hybrids shipped yet.
Will

Payman

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on October 20, 2021, 10:40:02 AM
Oh and those ones have a regular old fashioned auto transmission! The terbows don't have cvt, and there are no hybrids shipped yet.

Oh hey didn't realize that. Yeah the 2.0T is 8 speed auto. That's a game changer for me.