Ford Maverick

Started by AutobahnSHO, January 09, 2022, 12:06:39 PM

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: CaminoRacer on July 30, 2022, 10:56:46 AM
I use cruise control all the time, even through I-15 in SLC. Traffic flows well enough outside of rush hour that I can set it to 75-80 and then I never worry about speeding tickets even if I pass a cop.

I loooove being able to set cruise. And yes on not worrying about cops!!
Will

Soup DeVille

Quote from: dazzleman on July 30, 2022, 10:30:46 AM
Hah, I am one of those weirdos!  I haven't used cruise control in years.  The traffic around me is too heavy to be able to maintain a steady speed unless it's a slow speed, and I don't do slow.  :evildude:

That's where adaptive cruise rules.

Set the speed to 95, adjust the following distance, and just keep her between the white lines.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

dazzleman

Quote from: Soup DeVille on July 30, 2022, 11:12:45 AM

Set the speed to 95, adjust the following distance, and just keep her between the white lines.

:lol: :pullover: :lockedup: 95 is a little fast for me these days man!
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Soup DeVille on July 30, 2022, 11:12:45 AM

Cars will even do that part for you nowadays too.... :lol:
Will

CaminoRacer

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on July 30, 2022, 02:20:38 PM
Cars will even do that part for you nowadays too.... :lol:

I still haven't driven a car where I like the lane keep assist very much. I think Tesla might be good but the others do too much pingponging or are too strict about staying exactly in the middle, so they are too active. Whereas I might straighten out the lanes a bit while still staying in the lines
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

dazzleman

Quote from: CaminoRacer on July 30, 2022, 06:25:49 PM
I still haven't driven a car where I like the lane keep assist very much. I think Tesla might be good but the others do too much pingponging or are too strict about staying exactly in the middle, so they are too active. Whereas I might straighten out the lanes a bit while still staying in the lines

I really don't like lane assist.  More than once, it has tried to steer me into a parked car when the parked car protruded into what lane assist thought should be the driving lane.  It's not great around curves either.  One time, it thought I was going to hit a parked car because it didn't really that the road curved before I would pass the car.  It's things like this that make me a skeptic about self-driving cars.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

FoMoJo

Quote from: dazzleman on July 30, 2022, 10:30:46 AM
Hah, I am one of those weirdos!  I haven't used cruise control in years.  The traffic around me is too heavy to be able to maintain a steady speed unless it's a slow speed, and I don't do slow.  :evildude:
I'm the same, I'd rather just use my foot.  Really don't know what to do with it if it's not on the gas pedal.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

veeman

I rarely use cruise control.  Never experienced my right foot getting tired plus I'm constantly adjusting speed based on other vehicles near me especially semi trucks,  road conditions, and topography.  I hate being near semi trucks.

AutobahnSHO

well a better off-road package may be released soon. It was on the website and got pulled down:

Maverick Tremor

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/maverick-tremor-off-road-package-details-revealed-then-pulled.18398/
Will

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on July 31, 2022, 01:55:43 PM
well a better off-road package may be released soon. It was on the website and got pulled down:

Maverick Tremor

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/maverick-tremor-off-road-package-details-revealed-then-pulled.18398/

Greatest Of All Time modes? :lol:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on July 31, 2022, 02:17:59 PM
Greatest Of All Time modes? :lol:

:lol:

"goes over any type of terrain" in one of the ads.
Will

CALL_911

I hate the name "tremor". I associate tremors with senility

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

CaminoRacer

I just think of the SciFi movie

Morris Minor

Lane keeping in the CR-V was pretty good.  The CX-5's sucks; on the rare occasions it actually detects the lines, the steering wheel just buzzes imperceptibly when you wander too far.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

Laconian

Quote from: CALL_911 on August 01, 2022, 05:20:13 AM

Alcoholic withdrawal :lol:
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Eye of the Tiger

Soup DeVille

Quote from: CALL_911 on August 01, 2022, 05:20:13 AM

It was originally a 500-watt sound system upgrade package. That they now use it as a name for an offroad package is kind of weird; especially since they already have Sasquatch, Raptor, Rattler, FX4, and half a dozen other off road package/trim levels.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Soup DeVille on August 01, 2022, 12:05:12 PM
It was originally a 500-watt sound system upgrade package. That they now use it as a name for an offroad package is kind of weird; especially since they already have Sasquatch, Raptor, Rattler, FX4, and half a dozen other off road package/trim levels.

Rattler? Now that's definitely a Ford.

CaminoRacer

Quote from: Soup DeVille on August 01, 2022, 12:05:12 PM

The Big 3 loves to have a million trim levels for the same truck. Almost Porsche level.

AutobahnSHO

Eeeek I just looked for fun at Carmax and ebay. $20k trucks are listed for $36k.
Will

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on August 01, 2022, 08:25:13 PM
Eeeek I just looked for fun at Carmax and ebay. $20k trucks are listed for $36k.

Yeah, you're supposed to be able to order one for MSRP, but dealers are dirtbags. The whole dealership model is antiquated and shitty.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on August 01, 2022, 08:41:52 PM
Yeah, you're supposed to be able to order one for MSRP, but dealers are dirtbags. The whole dealership model is antiquated and shitty.

Even Ford thinks so.

https://jalopnik.com/ford-ceo-wants-to-abolish-the-dealership-experience-as-1849007700/amp

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Soup DeVille on August 01, 2022, 09:10:07 PM
Even Ford thinks so.

https://jalopnik.com/ford-ceo-wants-to-abolish-the-dealership-experience-as-1849007700/amp

For the life of me I have no idea how these dealerships have been getting away with this MSRP plus destination fee, dealer prep fee, and other fees they keep adding on. MSRP stands for manufacturers suggested retail price. Retail price, as in not wholesale. The retail seller should not be allowed to add fees to a retail price. GTFO with the fees. All I want to pay for is the undercoating, the clear coat protectant, pinstripes, window etching, floor mats, and the extended warranty.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on August 01, 2022, 09:41:25 PM
For the life of me I have no idea how these dealerships have been getting away with this MSRP plus destination fee, dealer prep fee, and other fees they keep adding on. MSRP stands for manufacturers suggested retail price. Retail price, as in not wholesale. The retail seller should not be allowed to add fees to a retail price. GTFO with the fees. All I want to pay for is the undercoating, the clear coat protectant, pinstripes, window etching, floor mats, and the extended warranty.

"Suggested."

Morris Minor

Dealer networks operate largely under the protection of state franchise laws, which are jealously guarded by state dealer associations. That is why it takes several days for the stink of putrefaction to fade after you've gone through a typical car buying process.

e.g. Tesla is now building cars in Texas. But if you're a buyer who actually lives in Texas, the state makes the transaction & taking delivery difficult.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

Eye of the Tiger

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on August 02, 2022, 04:06:46 PM
I suggest they blow it out their asses.

I suggested to a political canvasser today that he crank his scrotum through a linguini press.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Soup DeVille on August 02, 2022, 04:31:01 PM
I suggested to a political canvasser today that he crank his scrotum through a linguini press.

They would have my vote. I respect dedication.

AutobahnSHO

So no surprise here, the Maverick is out-selling the Santa Cruz about 2:1.
Price point, "truckiness", and Ford can't make enough 40mpg hybrids.

I was a little surprised: "Last month, Ford dealers shifted 6,720 trucks. In fact, it outsold the larger Ranger by 70%"

https://tfltruck.com/2022/08/july-2022-sales-report-small-trucks-ford-maverick-hyundai-santa-cruz/
Will

WookieOnRitalin

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on August 07, 2022, 08:08:42 PM
So no surprise here, the Maverick is out-selling the Santa Cruz about 2:1.
Price point, "truckiness", and Ford can't make enough 40mpg hybrids.

I was a little surprised: "Last month, Ford dealers shifted 6,720 trucks. In fact, it outsold the larger Ranger by 70%"

https://tfltruck.com/2022/08/july-2022-sales-report-small-trucks-ford-maverick-hyundai-santa-cruz/

They cannot keep up with orders. This was a brilliant move by Ford. They really just hit the market with the right product at the right time.

The Maverick is a bonafide hit. A big one for Ford. The only question is can they keep the quality decent enough to keep up with demand. The only thing that will likely kill the momentum of the Maverick is traditional Ford fuckery.
1989 Mazda 929
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2010 Saab 9-3
2012 Suzuki Kizashi
2015 Mazda3

1987 Nissan Maxima GXE
2006 Subaru Baja Turbo