Ford Maverick

Started by AutobahnSHO, January 09, 2022, 12:06:39 PM

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Soup DeVille on April 19, 2023, 03:06:31 PM
I can tie shit down with ropes better than most people can ratchet strap.

I like to put an alpine butterfly in the rope and then feed the end through the loop to tighten it down.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: r0tor on April 19, 2023, 12:06:53 PM
I find it funny I can get a 10 foot board in our SUV or a 12' board with only 2' hanging out

Same with Odyssey, but truck is more truckier
Will

r0tor

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on April 19, 2023, 05:30:13 PM
Same with Odyssey, but truck is more truckier

I miss trucks that could fit an ATV or two in the bed
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: r0tor on April 19, 2023, 07:55:42 PMI miss trucks that could fit an ATV or two in the bed

One fits in Maverick. (almost hanging off the tailgate, and you have to be careful to get it over the truck wheel wells  :wtf: )
Will

AutobahnSHO

Ordered my first mod- the only windshield mirror on any trim is an old school manual dim one.

A $12 Kia mirror fits on the same bracket and has home link, auto dim and compass built in. :lol:
I'll have to decide whether to hack the light wire for power, run a wire from fuse box, or build small adapter to tap power from the fancy self-driving camera wire...
Will

AutobahnSHO

And since the idiot dealership didn't add the trailer hitch and 'copilot 360 advanced' options, it's $600 in parts to add a radar to the front, wiring, and reprogram wor to enable the lane self-centering option (with adaptive cruise). For now it just has regular cruise and vibrates the steering wheel when we cross a lane marking. Funny the camera is already installed...
Will

SJ_GTI

Auto dimming mirrors are nice. That is the one feature I really miss when driving my Z3.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: SJ_GTI on April 25, 2023, 06:03:47 AMAuto dimming mirrors are nice. That is the one feature I really miss when driving my Z3.

I might have to install one in Miata after I do Maverick. $25 shipped is crazy amazing. Of course the Kia dealer parts dept. that I ordered from said "no returns" after they asked for VIN and I said it's going on a Ford. :lol:
Will

AutobahnSHO

Averaging 43mph on VERY hilly terrain. My driving interstate to the base knocks it down but then the 25mph flat driving I'm able to get it back up. Wife is rocking the hills too! She's driven it more days than me.
Will

AutobahnSHO

First MOD done!

All 3 trims of Maverick come with a bare-bones no-frills manual dim windshield rearview mirror.

People have discovered that Kia sells a $12 mirror that has homelink, compass, auto-dim, which fits onto the same exact mounting bracket as Ford mirrors. It was $26 with shipping, and the dealer that shipped it wanted to verify VIN to make sure it fits. I told them it was for a Ford, they said, "ok but no returns.".

I tapped into the lights- making sure I got the wire that is only on with power. I could have wired the homelink wire to the "always on" power but figured better people can't open the garage if the truck isn't on. Funny enough wires are
-ground
-9v when truck is on (this is what I used)
-two always-on 12v
-and one wire which is 0v until the truck is turned off then goes to 12v and stays until the lights all timeout and goes back to 0.

Looks like the mirror came stock, there is no branding on it, it's the same width/height as original, all the wiring is hidden up behind the camera and sunglass holder/light consoles. Very worth the time and money! :thumbsup:
Will

AutobahnSHO

BTW 2024 Maverick ordering is rumored to start July 17th.

last August they stopped taking orders for hybrids after 7 days and 10days for the terbow.
Will

AutobahnSHO

The rope was just in case. The tailgate cables attach to a different point so it's partially up, and the wood is resting on the wheel wells, too.
You cannot view this attachment.
Will

FoMoJo

So, as long as you don't go over 30mph it should be okay.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: FoMoJo on May 06, 2023, 12:55:38 PMSo, as long as you don't go over 30mph it should be okay.

42mph... :lol:

Had our first oopsie this week- wife took part of the 108ft pine a guy felled and cut into 2ft logs to the dropoff center Monday.

She didn't clean the bed out and drove it all week, I took it to work Friday. Her drive is max 40mph, mine is interstate and I saw a few pieces of bark fly out... :mask:  They were really small pieces but still freaked me out.

We need a tonneau cover and to keep it clean back there! 
Will

AutobahnSHO

And although my rope wasn't super tight, the plywood hadn't shifted at all.
Will

SVT_Power

Quote from: r0tor on April 19, 2023, 12:06:53 PMI find it funny I can get a 10 foot board in our SUV or a 12' board with only 2' hanging out

I've had a few instances of thinking back to how much smaller of a vehicle the Sorento was to my Ram and how much I stuffed into the Sorento back in the day.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

AutobahnSHO

Appointment at church lol. First buddy Park.You cannot view this attachment.
Will

Laconian

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on May 10, 2023, 08:18:17 PMAppointment at church lol. First buddy Park.You cannot view this attachment.

A special moment. Did you bond with the owner?
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Laconian on May 10, 2023, 08:31:37 PMA special moment. Did you bond with the owner?

They were gone when we came back out. Hopefully they enjoyed it.
Will

giant_mtb

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on May 06, 2023, 12:49:14 PMThe rope was just in case. The tailgate cables attach to a different point so it's partially up, and the wood is resting on the wheel wells, too.

Whatever you tie something down with should never be the "just in case," because it's not going to hold in that case. It should be the "if I have to emergency stop or swerve a lane at 80mph, that thing isn't moving."

I thought we went over this before.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on May 11, 2023, 03:43:55 AMWhatever you tie something down with should never be the "just in case," because it's not going to hold in that case. It should be the "if I have to emergency stop or swerve a lane at 80mph, that thing isn't moving."

Yeah man.

I had a pizza box fly out of my bed on the way to the dump. Should've tied it down. :lol:

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: giant_mtb on May 11, 2023, 03:43:55 AMWhatever you tie something down with should never be the "just in case," because it's not going to hold in that case. It should be the "if I have to emergency stop or swerve a lane at 80mph, that thing isn't moving."

Um, I'm not going 80mph, just 45mph. The wood literally wasn't moving on it's own anyway but if I had an emergency brake or bump the rope was tied tight enough under to an attachmeent point passenger side besides the one you can see that it would have stayed put.

And the one you CAN see was at the front of the bed, so it literally would have held the entire length down too. 
Will

giant_mtb

You could buy half a dozen ratchet straps for the price of one of those boards. Consider it the next time you're at the hardware store tying down giant kites of plywood with a tiny rope.

https://youtu.be/1tPhDZtkVqg

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: giant_mtb on May 12, 2023, 06:11:26 AMYou could buy half a dozen ratchet straps for the price of one of those boards. Consider it the next time you're at the hardware store tying down giant kites of plywood with a tiny rope.

https://youtu.be/1tPhDZtkVqg

Yup yup.

And they only replayed the clip 6 times in 1minute :lol:
Will

AutobahnSHO

Filled up for the 3rd time yesterday, since April 1. 1500+miles. Average 41+mpg each tank.   :mrcool:

Went in to dealership to try to sort out the 2022/2023 rebate (price went up) and running into combination of me should have brought it up at sale, plus dealer incompetence (didn't see the option), and just stupid Ford/ dealer shenanigans.  :rage:   I'll have to resume that battle Tuesday.

Anyway, our salesman bought a Bronco sport same time, talked with him about fill-ups, he said he fills up 3 times a week practically.  :confused:

Oh also ordered a tonneau cover. It's usually $389 plus tax. we used our "ford points" from truck purchase which were worth $210. LOLOLOL. But it was exactly half the purchase+taxes.  Hope to get it installed by Saturday when we go on our first big road trip up I-95 to MD. (daughter graduation)

Really really loving the size and utility of this vehicle!!! Lariat trim has auto-down/up on all 4 driver window switches, so it's nice when weather is decent to easily drop all the windows (all the way into the doors!) and get some air without buffeting or a ton of noise. Had to tuck a towel between the rear middle seatbelt and the seat though- it flaps against the seat at about 35mph like CRAZY and buckling it in only made it worse.
Will

AutobahnSHO

Got a tonneau cover installed. It's a cheap ($400 minus the "Ford points" we got buying the vehicle, $200 worth LOL) roll-up.

I like it because it rolls up completely out of the way. Plus we can throw stuff in there without worrying about it blowing out.

Bonus: license plates! The window is the kitchen lol.
Will

MrH

...you have a window in your kitchen into your garage?
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Eye of the Tiger

Lower it

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on June 12, 2023, 07:50:50 AMLower it

Gross. Then it couldn't serve it's purpose.
Will

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on June 13, 2023, 02:46:51 AMGross. Then it couldn't serve it's purpose.

Oh, so lift kit!