Ford Maverick

Started by AutobahnSHO, January 09, 2022, 12:06:39 PM

AutobahnSHO

Will

AutobahnSHO

Rolled 5k miles today. Still LOVE IT. I was passed by a Maverick in the Maverick yesterday.
Will

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on November 12, 2023, 01:07:03 PMRolled 5k miles today. Still LOVE IT. I was passed by a Maverick in the Maverick yesterday.

I'm 5K miles into the TUNDRA. That's only 312 gallons of gas. :lol:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

AutobahnSHO

Lol. We're at maybe 130??...
Will

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: CaminoRacer on November 15, 2023, 12:56:31 PMPut it in the rice thread!

I Don't even know where that is......... :lol:
Will

AutobahnSHO

Base price just went up $415.
2022 XL hybrid started at $19,950 plus destination fees.

It's now $25,380. Turbow is $1,500 less.
Will

Eye of the Tiger

I can't afford a new one, anyway. I'll look for a used one in a couple of years.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on December 28, 2023, 07:10:13 PMI can't afford a new one, anyway. I'll look for a used one in a couple of years.

Yeah plus you're avoiding the first year woes.

There's apparently about 1-2% of the hybrids which have some weird power drain issue- the 12v gets drained to the point the truck won't start. They've replaced the positive cable (which is ALUMINUM?!?!  :confused:   :nutty:  ) and they've found a giant batch of 12v batteries were sub-optimal (bad, and replaced). But some people are still having issues.
Will

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on December 29, 2023, 07:19:48 AMYeah plus you're avoiding the first year woes.

There's apparently about 1-2% of the hybrids which have some weird power drain issue- the 12v gets drained to the point the truck won't start. They've replaced the positive cable (which is ALUMINUM?!?!  :confused:   :nutty:  ) and they've found a giant batch of 12v batteries were sub-optimal (bad, and replaced). But some people are still having issues.

That's a dumb thing to cheap out on. Good 12V batteries are already fully developed, proven, and ubiquitous. I wonder who the supplier was. Aluminum wires are quite common these days, like it or not.

Speak of the devil, TUNDRA's battery is tagged 6/19. I need to replace that thing before it actually needs replacing, and then takes out the alternator.

AutobahnSHO

Got our first "truck help" request today. Friend bought a rental home, getting it fixed up. Needed to return a door to Lowe's and get different one...
Will

AutobahnSHO

Got notice for an emissions recall (reprogram the computer, I'm SURE mileage will go down), so opted for oil change (6100 miles) and told them about a little bit of exterior rattle from front right over bumps.

The new oil change sticker says another 5k miles.

They confirmed rattle so tightened steering & suspension, then put "sound kit" on to figure out what it is. (multi microphone setup?) They said it's the right front strut- Ford says to just replace it and not try to repair anything. They offered to pick truck up from house/work and drop it back off. Waiting for part.

----- -------- --------- -----------
It's funny that my entire life I've never had warranty nor paid for suspension on a car, although a few times was told a strut was leaking. Never felt excessive roll etc...

I'm also used to all kinds of squeaks and rattles- always bought well-worn cars. So this experience is very new to me. :thumbsup: 
Will

AutobahnSHO

Strut is fixed- rattle is totally gone.

Amazing the dealership would drive someone 15min to my house come pick Maverick up, then drop it back off.

Got 50mpg driving a slightly hilly road about 25min away (and same home)- 45mph speed limit helps. :lol:
Will

AutobahnSHO

Trucks sure are handy!

You cannot view this attachment.
Will