BLOWER

Started by Eye of the Tiger, February 04, 2022, 02:31:49 PM

Eye of the Tiger

BLOWEr deserves a thread. Wasn't sure what forum to post it in, but it is technically a motorcycle.

Pics of shins:

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Speed_Racer

Two wheels and an engine. Checks out as a motorcycle  :ohyeah:

Laconian

AMERICAN AMERICAN
MADE OWNED
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

veeman

I've got a similar looking Craftsman. 8 years old.  One or two years I didn't use it (didn't snow enough) but most years use it a few times.  This year once so far. I change the oil once a year and dump the old oil at our town dump where there's a "used oil" barrel.  I used to dump old gas in that barrel too but the dump man caught me once and chewed me out.  So now at the end of the winter season I just run it until it's out of gas.  I haven't found a legit place where I can dump old gas. 

Eye of the Tiger

Eye of the Tiger

Oh, I figured out why BLOWER wasn't running for the previous owner. I got it for $110. Fiddled with it a bit. Pulled the spark plug. Found it smashed by the intake valve. Bought the right spark plug. It is 3mm shorter. Hopefully the valve is okay. The spark plug is made of much softer metal.
What ever happened to user:spark plug?

Eye of the Tiger

New spork plug, adjust governor linkage, BLOWER runs like a champ. Ready to blow.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: veeman on February 05, 2022, 10:45:34 AM
I've got a similar looking Craftsman. 8 years old.  One or two years I didn't use it (didn't snow enough) but most years use it a few times.  This year once so far. I change the oil once a year and dump the old oil at our town dump where there's a "used oil" barrel.  I used to dump old gas in that barrel too but the dump man caught me once and chewed me out.  So now at the end of the winter season I just run it until it's out of gas.  I haven't found a legit place where I can dump old gas. 

You can mix a snowblower's worth of old gas into your car and it will dilute pretty good, as long as it is not really bad gas.

shp4man

Ok, so this is a blower.

That weird snow moving thing is...an appliance.  :lol:

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: shp4man on February 05, 2022, 03:27:55 PM
Ok, so this is a blower.

That weird snow moving thing is...an appliance.  :lol:

I guess you could use that as a shovel if you flipped it upside down.

veeman

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on February 05, 2022, 02:27:43 PM
You can mix a snowblower's worth of old gas into your car and it will dilute pretty good, as long as it is not really bad gas.

Never thought of that.  Yeah, that's a great idea for only a few month old gas. 

Submariner

You should put a blower on BLOWER
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Submariner on February 06, 2022, 01:57:54 PM
You should put a blower on BLOWER

Yeah, but... it... it is a blower.

Submariner

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Eye of the Tiger

Blower blowed good this morning.