Bought another car

Started by mzziaz, July 30, 2022, 03:47:27 PM

mzziaz

I've been needing another daily driver.

Electric cars have taken almost 90% of the new car market here, and I considered getting one. But I do enough of long distance driving, so I'd need something with enough range, and then we are in 50k territory (I'd probably end up with a Model 3).

However, I guess I'm getting old fashioned, but I really dislike giving up ICE and a manual gearbox - so I ended up going used instead with a 15 y.o. very low milage super euro spec E91 (manual, wagon AND diesel).

This summer I've driven it down to Spain, and I loved every minute of it.  Very precise handling, yet pretty comfy with the optional sports seats and it returns 35 MPG even when driving 150 km/h on the autobahn all day long.

And the best part - absolutely no digital screen whatsoever.

Guess I'm getting old

Sorry for my absence, btw. Super busy at work, but I check in from time to time.
Cuore Sportivo

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

mzziaz

Cuore Sportivo

mzziaz

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on July 30, 2022, 03:51:13 PM
Nice choice :wub:

I know!

Only thing I did to it was to replace the original 16 inch rims. They still had the OEM run flats on them (!).

Only major niggle with the car so far is that is does not have room for å spare wheel in the well.

That almost turned into a biiig problem when I got a spike through a tire while passing Belgium Saturday evening  :mask:
Cuore Sportivo

r0tor

Very nice... I still love my friends e90 sedan
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

AutobahnSHO

Will

veeman

Love your choice! A low mileage older diesel car must be a rare bird as a used car for sale. 

Morris Minor

Nice choice - love the dash. And welcome back.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Raza

Looks awesome! Great choice, I love it.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

shp4man

Quote from: mzziaz on July 30, 2022, 03:47:27 PM
I've been needing another daily driver.

Electric cars have taken almost 90% of the new car market here, and I considered getting one. But I do enough of long distance driving, so I'd need something with enough range, and then we are in 50k territory (I'd probably end up with a Model 3).

However, I guess I'm getting old fashioned, but I really dislike giving up ICE and a manual gearbox - so I ended up going used instead with a 15 y.o. very low milage super euro spec E91 (manual, wagon AND diesel).

This summer I've driven it down to Spain, and I loved every minute of it.  Very precise handling, yet pretty comfy with the optional sports seats and it returns 35 MPG even when driving 150 km/h on the autobahn all day long.

And the best part - absolutely no digital screen whatsoever.

Guess I'm getting old

Sorry for my absence, btw. Super busy at work, but I check in from time to time.

You may like my old truck. No electronics at all.

So are you still a politician?

cawimmer430

Excellent choice. Diesel is still the way to go for long-distance driving.   :mrcool:

Recently I read an article about a family going for a camping trip in their Mercedes-Benz EQC EV while towing a small camper. For a 710 km trip they needed to stop 5 times for charging.  :wtf:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

CALL_911

I love it. E90 still looks great, and is a classic

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

mzziaz

Quote from: shp4man on July 31, 2022, 09:21:55 PM
You may like my old truck. No electronics at all.

So are you still a politician?

Love it!

And,  yes, guilty as charged 😄
Cuore Sportivo

mzziaz

Quote from: cawimmer430 on August 01, 2022, 02:17:07 AM
Excellent choice. Diesel is still the way to go for long-distance driving.   :mrcool:

Recently I read an article about a family going for a camping trip in their Mercedes-Benz EQC EV while towing a small camper. For a 710 km trip they needed to stop 5 times for charging.  :wtf:

Yeah, EVs are useless for towing long distance.

Cuore Sportivo