Need big truck: TUNDRA

Started by Eye of the Tiger, February 09, 2023, 05:27:21 AM

CaminoRacer

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on November 11, 2023, 04:20:27 AMI think they have lowered their offers significantly since their stock tanked last year.

Seems like it
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Eye of the Tiger

Dang ol belt pulley squeakin when I crank er up in the morning, smd dag gun it at the same time I wip the morning dew off the winder and ma dang ol wiper blade fall apart, got rubba flappin all over n shit. Got dang two hunna dolla right there. Fuckin a.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Eye of the Tiger

Replaced the belt, tensioner, idler, and wiper blades. Truck is pretty happy now. Could still use a wash, but the silver doesn't show dirt.

Eye of the Tiger

Eye of the Tiger

Eye of the Tiger

Had to put TUNDRA in 4WD to get up the driveway today. Total sheet of ice. The virtual LSD eventually did its job.

Eye of the Tiger

On this episode of Ice Driveway Truckers, the TUNDRA fails its first attempt and nearly slides sideways into the house. After backing straight into the middle of the highway, the second attempt was successful.

Tune in tomorrow for the next exciting episode of Ice Driveway Tundras.

Eye of the Tiger

I love this truck as a truck; it is truly great at being a truck. However, it is stupid for commuting 70+ miles/day. I can admit that I overreacted in purchasing it, but my commute was 2 miles at the time.

I owe a hair over $10K. Should I just keep it, or try to trade it? My credit is currently terrible due to taking a huge paycut for my current job. I swear every time I make a major purchase my life changes almost immediately after it, and it makes me regret it.

giant_mtb

Submariner2

TUNDRA is a noble steed.  Take care of it and it will take care of you.
2010 G 550
2019 GLS550

Eye of the Tiger

Yea.
Is gude trukk.
Maybe scootür in spring thhyme.

giant_mtb

I understand the pain at the pump, though...70 miles a day in a Tundra ain't cheap.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on January 21, 2024, 11:08:12 AMI understand the pain at the pump, though...70 miles a day in a Tundra ain't cheap.

$250/mo in gas, at least. If I was making a living wage, it wouldn't be a big deal.

Eye of the Tiger

I just ordered a Paradox muffler to put inline with the Magnadrone. It is a unique muffler that specifically targets the drone frequencies.

Eye of the Tiger

I broke one of the brackets on my side step becasue I'm a fatass. Should I just remove them, altogether? I use them because truck is too high for me to step in, but I can just get a stool.

Eye of the Tiger

I need these steps. The parking spots at work are so tight, that I have to fold in the mirrors to fit between the lines. Sometimes, I have to open the door onto the car next to me in order to sqeeze through, and I need the steps.

Eye of the Tiger

I just put $80 in the gas tank. I can't do this every week. Also, my left hip is really getting fucked up by climbing in and out of truck.

Eye of the Tiger

Eye of the Tiger

Good lord, my insurance would go from $94/mo to $191/mo for Kia Rio, $221/mo for a Buick Envistia, $201/mo for a Mitsu-bushi Mirage, and $176 for a new Miata (replacing tundra). Nope. Even buying a beater 2002 Corolla would add $70/mo just to insure, not to mention the taxes and registration. This is why I can't do anything. Maybe a scooter.

Eye of the Tiger

It seems like all I can do at the moment is eco-mod TUNDRA. It currently seems to get 14-16 MPG no matter now I drive. Um... turbobator?

Submariner2

Hypermile it?

Drive like a grandma, keep it at 60 on the highway, coast as often as you can, etc.  It can actually make a big difference. 

Maybe steal some low rolling resistance tires from a Prius???
2010 G 550
2019 GLS550

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Submariner2 on February 15, 2024, 06:56:59 PMHypermile it?

Drive like a grandma, keep it at 60 on the highway, coast as often as you can, etc.  It can actually make a big difference. 

Maybe steal some low rolling resistance tires from a Prius???

It will definitely need tires in a few months. I may go for a narrower size. Instead of 275/65R18, 255/70R18.

Submariner2

That decrease in width might actually help a lot.  I took about a 10% hit on MPG when I went from 265/60R18 to 285/70R18.
2010 G 550
2019 GLS550

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Submariner2 on February 15, 2024, 08:34:19 PMThat decrease in width might actually help a lot.  I took about a 10% hit on MPG when I went from 265/60R18 to 285/70R18.

It's the standard tire size on lower trim levels, and the tires are way cheaper.