Need big truck: TUNDRA

Started by Eye of the Tiger, February 09, 2023, 05:27:21 AM

RomanChariot

Quote from: CaminoRacer on February 24, 2023, 07:01:00 PM
The throttle tip in is my #1 complaint with every Toyota I've ever driven.

The 4-cylinder Camry I rented last summer had the same aggressive throttle tip-in.

veeman

Congratulations!

The throttle tip in of my former 2006 V6 RAV4 made me feel like I was driving a manual stick shift in a very shitty way.  Interesting that Lexus usually doesn't have this problem AFAIK. 

Eye of the Tiger

I was supposed to take delivery today, but the DMV is closed due to the storm, so they probably can't do the thing.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Eye of the Tiger

So far I have seat covers, fitted floor mats, and a set of solid lug nuts. Don't have the truck, yet.

Eye of the Tiger

Damn it, I'll have to do a whole stereo system.

MrH

When do the Yosemite Sam Back Off ™ floor mats coming in?
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: MrH on March 01, 2023, 07:29:39 AM
When do the Yosemite Sam Back Off ™ floor mats coming in?

Mud flaps? Need those, too

Eye of the Tiger

One if the actual things I'm going to do is undercoat with Fluid Film. It's a little rusty, and I want it to stay just a little.

MrH

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on March 01, 2023, 07:43:35 AM
Mud flaps? Need those, too

Yeah, meant mud flaps.  But matching floor mats would be sick too
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: MrH on March 01, 2023, 08:06:17 AM
Yeah, meant mud flaps.  But matching floor mats would be sick too

Naw, I got fitted Husky liners already.

Eye of the Tiger

Eye of the Tiger

Finally took delivery and took a ride on the highway. The Jeep is an ancient design and tiring to drive long distances. TUNDRA is a luxurious Q-ship in comparison. Pick a speed and go it. Sit back and enjoy.

Morris Minor

Glad you finally have it. Having reliable wheels is one less stress point.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Morris Minor on March 18, 2023, 01:29:51 PM
Glad you finally have it. Having reliable wheels is one less stress point.

Reliable, safe, comfortable, capable, TUNDRA.

MrH

You need to tell us what TUNDRA is an acronym for.
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: MrH on March 19, 2023, 08:25:34 AM
You need to tell us what TUNDRA is an acronym for.

Truck Ultrawideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome

Soup DeVille

Totally UnNecessary Derivative Redneck Automobile
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

Rich

The Undead Never Die Racing Again
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

Soup DeVille

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

CaminoRacer

The
Unrelenting
Nightmare of
Douchebags
Road-raging
Around
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Soup DeVille on March 19, 2023, 06:56:04 PM
That was mean.

I drive a 4Runner. I can't talk.

At least it's not a Sequoia.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: CaminoRacer on March 19, 2023, 06:57:09 PM
The
Unrelenting
Nightmare of
Douchebags
Road-raging
Around

Pretty much. Just bounce off thr huge plate steel bumpers that I'm going to get.

Eye of the Tiger

The spec sheet for my truck says it has a standard LSD rear end. There is a dash light for Auto LSD. I don't know much about Toyoter rear ends. I guess I should find out.

Eye of the Tiger

Under 31 MPH in 2WD, press the button to disable traction/stability control. The activates Auto LSD. Far out, man.

giant_mtb

Yeah, they stopped using mechanical LSDs and now everything's an open diff with ABS to act like an LSD (which is the Auto LSD).

My '05 had a mechanical LSD. But no more. They can use the same (open) diff on all the trucks, fake an LSD with ABS, and the open diffs are also lockable if that's an option on your truck....saves them money so they can put the same diff/axle in every truck.

Press/hold the traction button and it will disable all the traction/stability control and you can whip shitties.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on March 21, 2023, 07:20:30 PM
Yeah, they stopped using mechanical LSDs and now everything's an open diff with ABS to act like an LSD (which is the Auto LSD).

My '05 had a mechanical LSD. But no more. They can use the same (open) diff on all the trucks, fake an LSD with ABS, and the open diffs are also lockable if that's an option on your truck....saves them money so they can put the same diff in every truck.

Press/hold the traction button and it will disable all the traction/stability control and you can whip shitties.

Yeah, I ain't whippin no shitties on these $300 Michelins. I'd rather burn up brake pads using the Magic LSD.

giant_mtb

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on March 21, 2023, 07:25:55 PM
Yeah, I ain't whippin no shitties on these $300 Michelins. I'd rather burn up brake pads using the Magic LSD.

I personally hate the Auto LSD. Because it can't be enabled without the rest of the nannies on. It's basically a habit to me to press/hold that button so I can dance corners in the winter.

The guy who bought my '05 Taco got a locker rear axle for it (since they're different assemblies)...the non-lockers were mechanical LSD, while the lockers were open diffs with lockers. Apparently the two are not interchamheable.

Eye of the Tiger

I don't plan on doing much off roading, anyway. I just want to drive through the occasional snow or Tesla.

giant_mtb

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on March 21, 2023, 08:09:59 PM
I don't plan on doing much off roading, anyway. I just want to drive through the occasional snow or Tesla.

Put her 4Hi and press/hold the traction button that turns everything else off and you'll be fine, since then it'll let you spin tires.