2024 Buick Envista

Started by CaminoRacer, April 17, 2023, 04:51:25 PM

CaminoRacer

Surprisingly good styling on this, with a low starting price.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2024-buick-envista-first-look-review/

- Powering the Envista is a 1.2-liter turbocharged three-cylinder engine, good for 136 horsepower and 162 lb-ft of torque, mated to a six-speed automatic transmission—same powertrain used by the Trax.

- Starting at just $23,495 for the Preferred base model. There is also a $25,195 Sport Touring and the Avenir trim starts at $29,695, which keeps the entire Envista lineup under the $30,000 mark.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Eye of the Tiger

This looks nice, but I drove a Trax and I hated it :lol:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Rich

I'd like to see it in silver
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

Eye of the Tiger

veeman

Reminds me of a Hyundai Venue.  Nicely styled economical FWD only small
SUV. 

Raza

Looks like every modern SUVish car out there, so I guess mission accomplished.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Eye of the Tiger

Maybe old people will buy it and drive slow in the left lane.

Morris Minor

Quote from: Raza on April 20, 2023, 09:55:46 AMLooks like every modern SUVish car out there, so I guess mission accomplished.
:hesaid:  This effort would not stop even a semi-competent GM CEO from sliding a stiletto between Buick's ribs.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

AutobahnSHO

LOL more money than a Maverick...
Will

MrH

The super thin DRLs + turn signals, and then foglights as headlights trend is really going strong.  I thought it was kind of corny and wouldn't last long, but I was wrong.  It's going on nearly every GM product it seems.

It still looks strange to me, but I guess it has the benefit of placing the headlights lower on giant vehicles, so hopefully they're less blinding at night.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

CaminoRacer

Common on Hyundais now too

AutobahnSHO

GM has wanted to do that for a long time- but the Aztec just looked stupid.
Will

giant_mtb

I feel like Jeep popularized that style (at least here in the Americas) with the 2014 Cherokee.  Pieces of junk, by the way.  Worthless "4WD" and terrible ground clearance...about as useful as a modern Subaru.  "oh but it has 4/AWD so I can take it anywhere!"  No, sweetie, you can't, that's a car, and you will get stuck. (speaking from personal experience)

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: MrH on April 27, 2023, 07:44:25 AMThe super thin DRLs + turn signals, and then foglights as headlights trend is really going strong.  I thought it was kind of corny and wouldn't last long, but I was wrong.  It's going on nearly every GM product it seems.
:hesaid:
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Eye of the Tiger

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 27, 2023, 08:41:43 PMI feel like Jeep popularized that style (at least here in the Americas) with the 2014 Cherokee.  Pieces of junk, by the way.  Worthless "4WD" and terrible ground clearance...about as useful as a modern Subaru.  "oh but it has 4/AWD so I can take it anywhere!"  No, sweetie, you can't, that's a car, and you will get stuck. (speaking from personal experience)

Fiat crap

Eye of the Tiger

I got an email from this Buick dealer. I totally forgot these existed. Looks nice enough, but the whole thing is meh

https://www.brustolon.com/new/Buick/2024-Buick-Envista-for-sale-mystic-ct-d33a310c0a0e087f3e314f76c9c8fb5e.htm

honestly more interested in the dump truck behind it

also the photography is terrible

CaminoRacer

That would be cool as an EV but not with the 1.2L...

The photography is 100% terrible. I don't know if the paint color is partially to blame or just the camera/photographer.

Morris Minor

Quote from: CaminoRacer on December 19, 2023, 09:31:27 AMThat would be cool as an EV but not with the 1.2L...

The photography is 100% terrible. I don't know if the paint color is partially to blame or just the camera/photographer.
The appalling photos send a useful "We're clueless" message though, signaling people to stay away.

Laconian

The engine is remarkably fuel inefficient given its size. Kind of reminds me of my MIL's Renault Captur, a small car powered by a dinky 900cc engine that still somehow gets 31mpg.

Too much time on boost, I suppose.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Submariner2

I've never seen a single one on the road.

Honestly why does Buick even exist?
2010 G 550
2019 GLS550

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Submariner2 on December 23, 2023, 09:39:41 PMI've never seen a single one on the road.

Only boomers still know Buick exists. They should bring back Oldsmobile and do a 442 crossover. Four cylinders, four cup holders, two touch screens.

FoMoJo

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on December 24, 2023, 09:03:33 AMOnly boomers still know Buick exists. They should bring back Oldsmobile and do a 442 crossover. Four cylinders, four cup holders, two touch screens.
Buick and Oldsmobile have never really existed since the '60s.  They just became other versions of Chevys.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Eye of the Tiger

What if I'm on a fixed income but I need leather heated seats and cruise control? Should I be forced to drive a Chevy like some heathen?

Eye of the Tiger

I want to compare insurance rates on the Buick Envista and similar competitors. I wonder if there is still a Buick discount.

Raza

Quote from: Submariner2 on December 23, 2023, 09:39:41 PMI've never seen a single one on the road.

The Chinese market, I'm pretty sure. Unless they're not as popular there as they once were.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Morris Minor

Quote from: Raza on February 19, 2024, 10:12:16 AMThe Chinese market, I'm pretty sure. Unless they're not as popular there as they once were.

These days I believe GM just licenses out the Buick name to someone like SAIC, for badge engineering purposes.

Raza

Quote from: Morris Minor on February 21, 2024, 02:32:34 PMThese days I believe GM just licenses out the Buick name to someone like SAIC, for badge engineering purposes.

That makes sense.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i