Official Pictures! 997 911 and Turbo!!

Started by BMWDave, February 11, 2006, 06:37:08 PM

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

TBR

The GT3 looks awesome, as usual. But, I don't care for the Turbo, as usual.

Looks like Porsche stole Ruf's hood vent idea, somehow they made it look much better.

BMWDave

I think theyre both stunning, to say the least.  

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

Why is there a hood vent?  For the brakes?  Because, last time I checked, the engine's at the back.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TBR

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the GT3's front fascia identical to the Ruf RT12 found in my sig?

Here is a better pic:

Compared to:

TBR

Now that I have seen them side by side I see that they are just very similar. Ruf's designers must be feeling pretty good about this considering the RT12 came out first.

BMWDave

Its slightly different, the vents on the far sides of the car are shorter and wider, and the inner vent on the double vent is angled toward the center of the front, while the RUF has it angled tot he outside, if you know what I mean.

2007 Honda S2000

BMWDave

QuoteWhy is there a hood vent?  For the brakes?  Because, last time I checked, the engine's at the back.
It has multiple functions.  It channels air to the brakes and radiator, as well as channeling air through the radiator and over the top of the car.  This helps provide positive front end downforce.

2007 Honda S2000

Catman

Fire It Up

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

Raza

If you don't mind fellas, I'm going to save my drool for the GT2--show me a turbo, RWD, and two seats where there used to be four, and I'll show you the path to salvation, enlightenment, moksha, or whatever you want to call it.  And I'll get there in under 4 seconds.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TBR

You'll to get 60 in under 4 seconds with the regular Turbo as well. ;) (and, it could actually be faster thanks to AWD) But, I would rather have the GT2 (or the GT3) as well. However, as my sig indicates, my real favorite is the Ruf RT12 which has 175 more HP than the regular turbo (figure 100 more than the GT2 and 250 more than the GT3) with RWD (though AWD is available) and two seats. Of course it also costs  a bundle ($275,000 with the top engine option).

Raza

Ruf's are cool, but I've never seen a Ruf with a manual.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

TBR

I've never seen one period. But, every time I have read a review about one the test car has had a MT. Plus I believe you pretty much have to custom order them anyway.

so cal cookie

Awsome. B)

I nominate those wheels on the Turbo as best wheels offed by a carmaker today.  

JYODER240

/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

autom?vel

Oh blasphemy, I'm on a board infested with Porschephiles.   :P
Seriously, it looks nice though.  There's a reason why Porsche has as many enthusiasts as it does.
?Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.?
          -  Teddy Roosevelt

Catman

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

Every time I look at it that vent right in front of the rear wheels seems to get bigger and bigger. Ruf's solution was much better (I know I have said it about a dozen times).  

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

TBR

I believe it is a vent to cool off the turbos, but I am not sure.